Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Swollen Gassy Belly

Hello,
I am 15 days post op from an Abdominal hysterectomy. Kept ovaries and cervix. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have a question. Starting yesterday (day 14) my whole tummy started bloating up again throughout the day. By night it is really huge - not just near my incision but the whole thing from ribs down. I had a lot of that pre-surgery (large uterine fibroid the culprit) but that had improved for the first two weeks after surgery. My doc said starting week three some symptoms worsen again because of the dissolving internal stitches, so maybe it is that. Are others having this symptom? Big bloaty belly that by night it is uncomfortable to walk?

Thanks!
Stephannie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 07:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tseringwangmo
Hello,
I am 15 days post op from an Abdominal hysterectomy. Kept ovaries and cervix. Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place but I have a question. Starting yesterday (day 14) my whole tummy started bloating up again throughout the day. By night it is really huge - not just near my incision but the whole thing from ribs down. I had a lot of that pre-surgery (large uterine fibroid the culprit) but that had improved for the first two weeks after surgery. My doc said starting week three some symptoms worsen again because of the dissolving internal stitches, so maybe it is that. Are others having this symptom? Big bloaty belly that by night it is uncomfortable to walk?

Thanks!
Stephannie
My TAH was Dec.5th.,and I have been having a really good first couple of weeks.My belly has been really swollen today. I know I am probably doing to much....plus we had company stay over last night and I slept on our couch...with our 2 dogs...not a lot of room to get comfortable...lol. Everything was fine at my 2 week check up and I haven't taken pain pills for days...until today. Hope you get to feeling better and have a wonderful Christmas Remember as the ladies on here keep telling me we have to slow down and pamper ourselves.
Faith
Unread 12-22-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Stephannie
I think that as we begin to do more, and our body goes through the healing process, our bellies swell. Mine also seems big and uncomfortable by night. I think it relates to how active I was during the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM

I expected that once I got out my uterus, ovaries and everything else, I would not be swollen at night like that. But, rather, the opposite. Does that every go away, because I want to dance again - in fact, I taught Louisiana dancing.
I can't get into my old size 8 clothes from summer, nor my size 10 things that were given to me. This is insane!!! What's make the swelling? a simple crescent moon incision? I'm going to the bathroom fine, I'm laying around a lot, then I also get up and walk around Target with a friend and go out to eat.

I don't understand, nothing's written anywhere to read about what makes this happen. It's all a mystery to me. Now that I've gotten these things which caused me 51 trips to the ER since May, OUT of me, that my tummy would go down below normal and I could work out and REALLY get in shape now.

Perplexed.
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:25 PM

I expected that once I got out my uterus, ovaries and everything else, I would not be swollen at night like that. But, rather, the opposite. Does that every go away, because I want to dance again - in fact, I taught Louisiana dancing.
I can't get into my old size 8 clothes from summer, nor my size 10 things that were given to me. This is insane!!! What's make the swelling? a simple crescent moon incision? I'm going to the bathroom fine, I'm laying around a lot, then I also get up and walk around Target with a friend and go out to eat.

I don't understand, nothing's written anywhere to read about what makes this happen. It's all a mystery to me. Now that I've gotten these things which caused me 51 trips to the ER since May, OUT of me, that my tummy would go down below normal and I could work out and REALLY get in shape now.

Perplexed.
Unread 12-22-2007, 10:29 PM
What are those bands like?

I see the ad, of course, every time I come here, I'm 2 weeks post-op with TAH/BSO and can't IMAGINE the feeling of putting one on. I mean, it feel like it needs to expand and not even be touched, not stuffed into a control top band. What's the scoop on them, when do women use them and do they actually DO something?

I had something very hip, Japanese, well-designed and beautiful when I was pregnant last in 1989. It was similar looking and black cotton/spandex. It did actually help because it went under and supported my growing HUGE (10 1/2 lb. boy born at home) baby. But, with a TAH? How does the Swelly Belly Band help?

I wanna hear the truths, girls.

Unread 12-23-2007, 04:58 AM
Feeling Yucky...

Hello sisters... I hope you are feeling even stronger today and getting ready for the holidays..... On Fri. I came back from my 2 week checkup.. The doctor had to go in and It felt like a pap smear but much more painful. My boyfriend explained what the dr. did and It seem to be pretty much like a pap. Then he put some novocaine and told me that my cervix is bleeding but that it was going to stop. He explained to me that I had adenomyosys in the uterus (which explained why I had such painful and long periods) . Thank God he gave me 2 more weeks ( which after they finish - 4 days to work - and then going on vacation) but still feeling guilty for not being at work. The good thing is that this is the same doc and hospital where my dear boss had her LHP in August. She recommended him to me. ALso he gave me sleeping pills since I cannot sleep more than 3-4 hrs. Today I woke up in pain and by the way.. I have not stop bleeding since my last visit on fri. Exactly like a period. He said that if I don't stop bleeding in a few more days, to call him to go back for another check up. Is there anyone that is going through this??? Needless to say, my 3 1/2 dd. is with my ex-husband and I can't take care of her as I should. My boyfriend is telling me I am too hard on myself, although I just found out that he is very upset because I did not explore into chiropractic ( he swears it could have helped me) before going under the knife. I know he means well and doesn't want to see me in pain, but, although I am open to other options, that one did not seem to be able to fix my problem....I have to go to get my hair done and put some little makeup.. It will help me to don't look as I really feel.....xoxo .
P.S. To my sis who just have your surgery... be careful what you eat these days... your tummy will be very grateful....!!! And BTW... the 10 lbs you gain from IV you will drop them in 2-3 days... Drink tons of water!!! xoxoxoxo
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks!
Stephannie
Hi Stephanie,
You and I are about the same in terms of the recovery process. My surgery was on Dec. 6th and I can totally understand what you are taking about with the swelly belly. Yes, it is normal. Sometimes I look in the mirror and say - so this is what I would have looked like if I ever got pregnant! If you read some of the other forums, you will see that it is quite natural. My doc says that it may occur for as much as 4 weeks more! So, enjoy wearing bigger clothes than you have to...we don't get to do that too much and NOT feel gulty! I pray for your health and speedy recovery! Darlene
Unread 12-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Recheck Jan 15th?

Hi Girls,
I had my complete hysterectomy on Dec 6th and I don't go back for my recheck until Jan 15th is this normal? I mean I am doing well with no problems (and not on HRT) but I was just curious if this is too long until my checkup.
Unread 12-24-2007, 07:46 PM

I was 12/3 and my appt isn't until 1/10.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register