Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-27-2007, 09:52 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Gizelle,

Me too! Exactly how and where the swelling is. Funny, our TAH's were at same time almost. Mine was 12/8

I got a shower seat and don't really sit on it to wash my feet although I should. I use it more as a brace, because I'm so unstable since the surgery. I was soooo strong and in great shape prior. I just feel all chubby and worrying about my Climara patch, which is now on my rear end after being on the side of either thigh, thinking it'll come off if I move wrong. This is all so new, but couldn't we just have our middles back without all the puffiness, numbness and swelling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2007, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel1972
Hi Girls,
I had my complete hysterectomy on Dec 6th and I don't go back for my recheck until Jan 15th is this normal? I mean I am doing well with no problems (and not on HRT) but I was just curious if this is too long until my checkup.
Hi

I had a SAH plus ovaries on the 3rd of Dec and I do not go back until the 17th of Jan so maybe that is normal.
I think that I have been very lucky with my recovery so far - I have been off all pain killers for 2 weeks - but now I am feeling very up and down. Very tired and cannot concentrate. I drove the car for the first time today so that has made me feel more positive.
Unread 12-29-2007, 01:22 AM

Hi Ladies,

Doing great! I have been feeling better and better each day, but boy do I eve know it when I've done a little too much. Sassy me, my son got a Wii for Christmas with the sports on it, and I decided that I could play. Ooops! I played for a couple of days in a row, didn't feel any pain and then boom, third day I was crippled over in a knot. Realy smart on my part. Oh well, it was worth it to get up and play with my son for a bit, he's seven.

Other than that I have a few good days and then a couple of bad days like the rest of you. I haven't been on any medication since Christmas though which is great. I've been cleared for by my doctor for everything so that's a relief. Of course I'm suppose to ease back into it like everyone else, but I'm such a jitter bug that I have to get up and get moving or else I feel useless.

Anywho, I hope the rest of you have continued success in your recoveries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 09:29 AM
Still Bleeding

Hi all!
Finally, today the 29th ( surg on the 5th) I am feeling some better. Have had good days and bad. I am still bleeding tho since I started on the 14th. Dr. says it is from the internal hematoma on the lower left side of my pelvis. Says it was from a nicked vessel. Still having the severe cramping in the colon from it. I sure hope it resolves soon as this bleeding every day is getting old.

Still feeling kinda * blinky* at times but it seems to be getting better. Only take 1/2 a vicodine when things are bad. 26th I had pain all day and was very irritating as I was back to work and doing mammograms. It did not subside until I was able to go home and lay down with heat. I was able to lay down during my lunch with the heat pad as my boss is very understanding. He even offered to "take over and finish up for me during my day" Heh heh men...

I also have this area just to the inside of my right hip that there is a small lump there and it itches like heck! There is some bruising still there . I was wondering if anyone else had any thing like this?

I think if i where not for this other hematoma I would be feeling pretty good. My husband has been great and is shoveling and plowing all the snow. We have around 18 inches now and still snowing. Thank God for good men! Hugs to all who are still recovering!

Josie
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:32 AM

Hi!
I hear that if you unpeal the patch and let it sit a while before applying that they stay put longer?? I take pills now and wish I would of known that as my patches came off all the time.

Josie
Unread 12-29-2007, 09:35 AM
climara

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagnproud
Gizelle,

Me too! Exactly how and where the swelling is. Funny, our TAH's were at same time almost. Mine was 12/8

I got a shower seat and don't really sit on it to wash my feet although I should. I use it more as a brace, because I'm so unstable since the surgery. I was soooo strong and in great shape prior. I just feel all chubby and worrying about my Climara patch, which is now on my rear end after being on the side of either thigh, thinking it'll come off if I move wrong. This is all so new, but couldn't we just have our middles back without all the puffiness, numbness and swelling?
I hope I am doing this right, tried once and dont know where it went.

anyway, I heard that if you unpeal the patch and it sit for a while and then apply it stays stuck a lot better.
Hugs, Josie
Unread 12-29-2007, 11:40 AM

I need help. I had a lapro. look around Dec. 6th to see which surgery my Dr. should do. We have decided to put off the complete hysterectomy until summer. But I did have the two small incisions. I have squishy areas under my lower incision. If I push on them they dissipate leaving me with a huge bruise. They extend far beyond the incision. There are a few that are too hard or sore to squish, but for they most part I have no pain. The area is not red or hot, just bruised. Again far beyond my incision marks. I see my Dr. Jan. 7 or 8. Should I be worried?
Unread 12-29-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myschelle
I need help. I had a lapro. look around Dec. 6th to see which surgery my Dr. should do. We have decided to put off the complete hysterectomy until summer. But I did have the two small incisions. I have squishy areas under my lower incision. If I push on them they dissipate leaving me with a huge bruise. They extend far beyond the incision. There are a few that are too hard or sore to squish, but for they most part I have no pain. The area is not red or hot, just bruised. Again far beyond my incision marks. I see my Dr. Jan. 7 or 8. Should I be worried?
Myshelle,
I an no expert but it sounds like you had a bleed from a nicked vessel like I did. The way the Dr. explained to me is that the instruments they put in to look around with and to introduce the carbondioxide can accidentally nick small vessels when they take then out. It can produce swelling and bruising even away from where it went in. ( As in my case , but spead like you say and mine covered my whole abdomen. Arnica cream does help with the bruising. Unless you have lots of pain I think you will be fine until your apt with him.

Hugs, Josie
Unread 12-29-2007, 04:06 PM

I had a two-week post op and now I will go to a four-week post op. I thought that was the usual. Also, forgot to ask about driving time.
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Hello All!

Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy New Year. I had my TAH SBO on December 3. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever gone thru. I am now 4 weeks post op and feeling better. I am very happy not to have any more menstual cycles. I am driving and getting around. I am obeying the no lifting anything over ten pounds rule. I feel very good. I am having no discharges and only need minimal meds for pain.

My hormones are abit of a mess but I am taking an estrodiol patch and progesterone. It helps some and I am hoping to decrease the amount I am on over the next few months. I am hoping today to go for my first walk around the block with my husband.

I cannot tell you all how much your contributions to this site have helped me. Women are wonderful!! Take it easy on the lifting, baby yourself, and love those people that have helped you thru this time.

Love and care,

Paulette 49 year young
TAH SBO December 3 by a really wonderful Gyn....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register