Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 01-07-2008, 03:57 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

I went back to work today too. I teach 5th grade and worked from 7:30 until 3:00. I just finished carpooling my own kids around and am at home with feet up! I am sore and tired but it felt good to be back at work. I think it will get harder as the week egoes on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 06:31 AM

Hi Ladies,
Hope you are all well. I am five weeks tomorrow, very big belly, some pain. I still have ovaries and I think they are working because my breasts just became big and swollen again and this is when I would have been menstruating.

I'm frustrated with that belly, it's so blobulous and uncomfortable. I've been trying to watch my diet the last few weeks but no weight is budging. I wonder if I wasn't watching if I'd be gaining. That part is frustrating because I thought a certain amount of weight would fall off in the beginning.

Next Friday I will be cleared for all activities, which is exciting, but somewhat hard to imagine! Hope you're all recovering well.
Unread 01-10-2008, 07:39 AM

Hey Ladies,
I am 5 weeks post op...The time has really gone by faster than I thought.I go back next Thursday for my 6 week check up and should be released to return to work.I am looking forward to returning...even though I sort of got use to others helping around here.I am a little nervous though,I work in our school cafeteria and I do a lot of heavy lifting,we put up our own stock some which are 25 to 40 pounds.We also have huge pots we have to lift. I am glad everyone is starting to return to their normal lives and I just want to thank all of you for all the advice and prayers.God Bless all of you!
Faith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:56 AM

I went in two days ago for my post-op and my Dr. did not do an exam? What the heck? And I don't have anymore appts. scheduled. No good communication with this guy at all, he was just my surgeon not my GYN. I have no idea what I should be feeling post operatively right now at 4 1/2 weeks, what kind of things should be happening, nothing. If anyone can share, that would be great. I am still having twinges and some pains and gassy tummy.
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:05 PM

Hi Kat,

My Gyne/Onc refused to do a 6 week check. He also has labeled me as "high strung" and basically treated me like a silly little girl when I went back to him with some worries.

I called my regular gyne, who assisted in my surgery, and asked her if I could please see her at 6 weeks and maybe she could give me the name of a gyne/onc that gives a dang about his patients. She said absolutely, come in and we'll straighten everything out and make sure you're OK.

She's the best doctor I've ever had.

Bottom line, call your regular gyne. As long as the surgeon has released you, the gyne can take over the rest of your care.
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:57 PM

5 week-1 day post op for TAH-BSO w/vertical cut. Yesterday I noticed redness around navel. Saw my GYN this afternoon and I have a slight infection. I can't figure out how I got this after 5 weeks but at least I caught it early. She gave me cipro. I also told her how exhausted I get so she did blood work to check for anemia. She said the extreme fatique is more likely from the stress of surgery and the surgical menopause. I'll get the blood test results next week. My 6 week check up has now been bumped up to 7 weeks, but that's ok.
Unread 01-10-2008, 05:58 PM

Hi all!
5 weeks out now. Still bleeding from the internal hematoma and man this iis getting old! Starting to taper some. Back to work as of the 21st. Some days are good some are bad with pain. Some days I am so tired I just want to go home and sleep. I work 10 hour days and am very fortunate to have a boss that lets me lay down for a few at work , or go home when we have extra people scheduled.

I have been cleared for sex and my Dr. is even letting me use tampons...... now there's a thought, no uterus and tampons hmmmm :^D

I ummmm, shoveled some snow the other day as we are getting dumped on and I paid the price so please remember to be nice to your selves!

Josie
Unread 01-10-2008, 10:20 PM

Hi All,
I went to my doctor this week about the hot flushes and she has upped the oestrogen dose so I will see how that goes. I also mentioned to her about the tiredness and she has taken blood to test for anemia as well. I go back to work on Monday (exactly 6 weeks post op) but I am going to work 1/2 days and the other 1/2 day working from home - very lucky to be able to do this. I am also having twinges but my doctor said it was all very normal. Friends who have had a hysterectomy have said that it took them 3 to 6 months to feel normal again!
Good Bless
Anne
Unread 01-11-2008, 11:19 AM

In Tibet - I'm grieving the loss of Sir Edmund Hillary, terribly, as he was a personal hero of mine.......... but, yes, I am five weeks post-op tomorrow and have the same belly swelling issue as you do. I'm slim otherwise. I don't get it. It was swollen before my TAH/BSO, but now it's worse. And wouldn't you think that after five weeks - that it would get better? Dr. didn't think there was any problem, but then again, he's a man.

Glad you're excited about returning to activities. I'm having to move into a single apartment on my own in a week. Talk about not lifting. And my husband died six years ago, tired of surfacey sex after that. So, "nothing in the vagina" for first six weeks didn't mean much to me.......... sometimes I wonder what "normal" activity even means at all.

Best
Unread 01-12-2008, 07:20 AM
my first full week back to work

It's Saturday morning and I'm thankful for that, no 5:30 am rising to get kids on the bus for school and then myself to work.

Dec 6th was my SAH. I did a fup appt with by OB 4 weeks post and she gave me the "do you want another week off or do you think you're ready" approach. I can't stand being idle although I know it's for my own good but I just couldn't sit here anymore and went back on the 7th, exactly 30 days post. she felt I wouldn't make a full 40 hour work week BUT I MADE IT! Each day took more energy and at the end of each day I was totally exhausted but it was good to get back to a certain normal. My staff was fantastic and didn't allow me to lift anything. Doc has me on a limit of 10 lbs for another month. I use my swelly belly band during my morning hours at work and then I go to my abdominal binder by 3pm to keep me held together. I have a little hanging belly and that pulls on the incision. If I didn't have that, I don't think I'd be having any problems at all.....

Now the best part, she also gave me the all clear for sex! Last night was our first time and I've got to say it was fantastic. I don't know who was more nervous, him or me! All works just like it used to, thank GOD! One thing I have with my hubby is a great sex life, which has been in the dumpster due to my condition. Now, no pain during or after and a blissful O ensued!!! I will say my back is a little stiff this morning but that is a whole other issue that I'm used to (degenerative discs) and it's actually not as bad as it used to be....

I hope more of you experience things like myself, going smoothly and no pain and to become one with your significant other is truly a gift.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register