Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Caught the stomach virus yesterday. It was awful!! Throwing up was just horrible. The pain was unimaginable. The diarrhea wan't much better. My doctor called in some phenergan and after a couple of doses the vomiting finally stopped. I'm still VERY weak and still having some diarrhea but I am feeling a little better. I'm afraid to take my pain meds because I've only been able to eat a couple of crackers so I guess I'm off the pain meds. I might take one with a phenergan at bedtime as my stomach is very sore from yesterday. I almost feel like I'm starting over with the recovery process but hope that it doesn't take me too long to bounce back.

newcrone - I'm not sure about going back to work at 2wks. That seems a little soon to me. I would talk to your doctor about this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM

Ditto on the sleeplessness! I had my LAVH on the 4th and haven't really slept well yet. I feel great and am comfortable at night, just can't sleep. My doc gave me a hormone shot that he said would last 7 days and put a patch on me. When I got home I took the patch off and started Cenestin the next day. I'm wondering if the hormones are the cause of the sleeplessness.
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Hello all! I had my abdominal hysterectomy on Dec 7th Friday. I was extremely nervous right before surgery. The surgery was 2 hours and recover a couple more, I was over medicated on the Dalotin (I hope that's how you spell it...), so my heart was racing and I had some trouble breathing. All is well now, went home on Monday. I am getting around, however my appetite is low, and I am having some sweating episodes. I am thankful to have this site to vent and explore, it is nice to know that I am not alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Lah

Well I had a bowel prep the nite before, but did sleep well. I had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. I was the first on the OR list, which was good. I left hubby at the door with a kiss, and in to the room I went. I went on the table, put my leg in some resting thing and then was out, don't remember to much but my family being in my room when I woke up. I was in and out all day, but mostly slept. I got up and walked around 9pm. Was very hungry. Next morning was up and walking the halls, they came in and took my catheter out. Doc came in and asked if I was passing gas and of course I was with pain. I was discharged and was home by 9am. I relaxed most of the day, strolling into the kitchen and back on the couch. The gas pains were the worst and still are. I cringe when I have to have a BM. It hurts pretty bad still. Gas pains aren't as bad. I went grocery shopping today, my daughter picked me up and helped me. I was pretty tired so I sat around most of the day. I hope this gas/BM pain goes away really soon. Its the worst.
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:11 PM

Longbuck,
I think you will get your appetite back soon. My mouth was so dry from all the meds and nothing tasted good for about 3 days. Now I could eat anything in site. Hang in there! I also had sweating episodes. I think part of it was due to the stockings I had to wear for circulation. My body temp regulated about 2 days after being home.

Ompalompa,
I had heard stories of horrible gas pains. I decided not to drink anything carbonated. I think this and walking around helped. I also took a stool softener and am continuing to drink lots of water. Maybe this will help.

stroutwoman
Unread 12-11-2007, 06:40 PM
LAVH 12/3 and moving slow

FONT=ArialSIZE=2

I had a LAVH on 12/3. I somehow thought because I am only 33 and in good health that I would just bounce right back. That is not the case. I thought I would be in the hospital one night and go home...I ended up being there 4. My bladder hurts, I am tired easily, I cried for an hour yesterday for no reason at all and my stomach looks like I am 5 months pregnant every nght. It has been hard to get used to relying on others for help. I am so glad I found this website. It is so nice to know that so many of the things I am experiencing are normal. On a side note, I chose my user name because eating pistachios has been the best, natural thing I have found to get my bowels working. Just a tip for anyone out there who needs..ah...some movement.
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM

Hi there,

I can totally relate to pistachio;s post....I have been crying off and on today, for no flippin reason!!! I feel like my insides are ripping, but the pain in so much better. I think I am in a bad funk!
Unread 12-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Thanks to pistachio for the helpful hint about nuts! I will be eating some tomorrow as soon as I can send someone to get them for me. I did have some luck today with BM and gas relief by continuing the stool softeners after every meal and drinking 8 glasses of water throughout the day. Fresh apple slices and some apple cinnamon oatmeal were very helpful, too.

Teacherangel~ I'm sorry you are feeling funky today. Are you a teacher? I am an educator and I am missing the last week of school before the holiday break. This is sad for me because it's always the most fun, festive week at an elementary school. All my coworkers are doing secret santa, having parties, faculty breakfast, etc. and I'm sitting here trying to recover. I have been sad because of that and because as I look around my home, there is absolutely nothing ready for the holidays, no decorations, nothing! I think we need to be careful to keep our recovery the priority right now and the rest will take care of itself later. Hugs!
Unread 12-11-2007, 08:06 PM

Yeah, I teach 3rd grade and this is the last week too....I told the kids I would come in for their party, but my principal said I can;t while I am on disabillity. MY kids also go to the school and I can't go to their party either.....it stinks!!!

I am in a bad funk, cried nearly 5 times tonight in front of kids and hubbie. I don't know why at all....I just dont get it.
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:59 PM

I'm having problems with insomnia too, but I'm not taking hormones, so I'm pretty sure it's an after effect of the anesthesia, or perhaps a side effect of the pain meds or both. I sure hope it goes away soon. I certainly won't be able to heal quickly until I get some really good sleep.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register