Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

I too thought that I would be much further along than I am. It is exactly one week since my surgery-VH w/repair. Today was the first day that I have been out of the house and it nearly wiped me out! I had crying spells as well. My stomach is still swollen, but not really any pain, just sore and weak. Insomnia is a problem as well. I am getting better, just a slow process-hang in there. This site has been a tremendous support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 04:35 AM

Thanks stroutwoman for the advice on the carbonated beverages. I have been drinking lots of diet coke. I am not a water drinker but if it will help all I all for it. I am suppose to go back to work next week but I don't think I am ready. I have been doing a lot at home, cooking, cleaning, because I have no one to help. My hubby has lots of medical problems and hasn't done anything to help in a very long time. I am the bread winner and I dread going back and being on my feet for 9 hours. I am a assistant manager in a convience store, and there is no rest for the wicked.
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:50 AM
6 days post opt and acceptance

It took me to yesterday before I finally accepted that I can't do anything but recover. Sure, we all anticipate our recovery but until you get on the other side, well you just don't know what the full meaning of the word is. Due to a little hanging belly, I have no choice but to lay down most of the time to keep my stomach flat, the incision (glued!) is healing nicely, it's the insides that hurt the most.

Once my family saw how much pain I was in just going to and from the bathroom, well they finally kicked it into gear and truly have begun to take on the responsibilities of the house. They're simple things, cooking, dishes, laundry but they were all mine alone. Now the three of them (DH<DD<DS) are all pitching in to keep me flat on my back.....I'm thankful to have such a loving family and the friends I've met here along the way are just a God send.....

Thank you sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2007, 08:25 AM

I had LSH and think that the recovery for that must be much easier than the other forms of hysterectomy. I feel so much better than I expected. I have not been out of the house since I came home the night of the surgery, 12/6/07, mostly because we have been having rain/icy weather. I live in a 2 ˝ story house with my bedroom and office upstairs and the living room and kitchen downstairs. I figure, up and down the stairs all day will have to be enough exercise. I worked 8 hours in my office on the 10th and have been back to work full time since. Each day I feel stronger. I am really glad that I went through with the surgery. I feel so much better. The LSH did not even resemble the amount of pain I had with cesarean sections. I am very grateful for this new procedure and want to tell all the ladies who have the option of LSH, that it has been a good choice for me. I go back to the doctor on the 14th. I’ll be looking forward to getting out, maybe I’ll get a dinner out too.
Best wishes,
Chris
Unread 12-12-2007, 08:26 AM

I have been feeling pretty good all week- have not had any pain meds in a couple of days(motrin) but today. I really hurt. I have been having this pain on my right side only- but today I hurt by my belly button. I have had a bowel movement a couple of times. My bladder is still sore.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for a post op checkup. I imagine he will tell me how I really am doing.

Everyone just take a deep breath and relax-I keep telling my self this---
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyscraper
I have been feeling pretty good all week- have not had any pain meds in a couple of days(motrin) but today. I really hurt. I have been having this pain on my right side only- but today I hurt by my belly button. I have had a bowel movement a couple of times. My bladder is still sore.

I go to the doctor tomorrow for a post op checkup. I imagine he will tell me how I really am doing.

Everyone just take a deep breath and relax-I keep telling my self this---
Hmm. I've also had a pain in my right side, which I notice most when I walk. I also feel the pain directly opposite in my back. There's a dime sized red welt near the lower right incision (I have four small incisions total), and I've wondered if I have a little infection brewing. Spoke to the doctor last night and she asked me to draw an ink line around the welt to see if it spreads -- and to come in today if there's no change in the pain.

Is your pain associated with an incision, do you think? I was also wondering if I'm developing some new scar tissue or adhesions inside following the surgery..ugh. Thought maybe that's why it only hurts when I move.
Unread 12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
On the road...

Ladies!

I came home from The Castle 12/10 after my 12/6 SAH (kept ovaries). I feel about as good as possible, I think. I still have some oozing from my incision, but I'm sure it is subsiding. I'm only on ibuprofen--but that's just me. No heroics here, believe me, I just don't seem to need the Norco. The only lingering issue is my very low iron levels. My doctor isn't too worried because the number is stable and will start to rise over the next few weeks.

A shout out to all the ladies before us who provided the scoop on what to expect. I couldn't have been calmer or more prepared. I'm headed to the Pre-Op boards right now to do some of the same!

Cheers and speedy recoveries to all!
Unread 12-12-2007, 02:03 PM

I too am more sore on my right side...wierd!
Unread 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
right sided pain

I find mine is mostly on my left, where the retractor was placed, I have bruising showing up now in that spot, a small scratch exsists too, but the incision itself is pretty tender and my entire tummy hurts, feels better when I push it in!
Unread 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM
There's no place like HOME

Hi Ladies,
I had my surgery on Friday 7th. Since I had cancer it was more than TAH/BSO. Lots of exploration and biopsies and doc removed the inner layer of the fat pad because if it comes back it can latch on there instead of the parts that are missing now.

I had the cath in from Friday until Monday, and they discontinued the morphine at the same time they took the cath out. That was an interesting couple of hours before the oral pain meds finally helped. I thought my bladder was going to explode it was so full and my body forgot how to empty it. I wasn't ready for that kind of pain, but it's better now.

Funny story... i sat there on the throne, and turned the warm water on in the sink. Let it run over my hand for a bit and lo and behold my bladder remembered how to work. OMG the relief. The huge amount that felt like was in there was really only about 150 cc's. Three days of cath really made my bladder angry. I'm up to 400 now with not much residual pain. Like everything else, my bladder has to heal from the shock of it all too.

I came home yesterday. After a rough ride and a wrong prescription from the doc, I finally settled in and then was too afraid to sleep. I have 4 cats and they all wanted a piece of me after not being there for 5 days. None jumped on my belly thankfully, but that's what I was most nervous about.

Today's been a better day. I've gotten a lot of rest. Most of my pain is from the removal of the fat pad. The whole inside of my belly region feels like its burning. It's nerve pain. The percoset knocks the edge off though. I'm doing OK.

Both docs say it looks like the cancer was contained and I'm probably cured, but wait for the pathology report next week to confirm that.

I have 4 weeks to heal before going back to work. I'm pampering myself. My friends are here with me taking care of me too. Life is good. I'm glad it's over, and the healing has begun. I waited 4 weeks between diagnosis and surgery. That was the worst.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register