Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Unread 12-13-2007, 09:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 03-Dec 10,2007

Debbie, they left my catheter in because the assisting doc perforated my bladder, so due to the bladder repair I need the catheter in for a full 2 weeks. I spent 4 days in the hospital - - - I came home on the 8th. Less than a week left with the catheter!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2007, 09:54 PM

It is funny to listen to how everyone wants sex now but can't have it. If you think 6 weeks is long - try 12! My doc wants me to wait longer because he is worried that my lupus will cause me to heal slower internally. I thought my husband would pass out when the gyn told us that right before they wheeled me off. His exact words were no boys or toys!
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:51 AM

This is GRREAT! I love how everyone is being so open and honest about where they are at, especially when it comes to their emotions and feelings regarding sex. I'm exactly 10 days post op and would be willing if I had the all clear. This is a little surprising to me as I had everything taken out, my uterus, ovaries, cervix and I'm not on HRT. I'm so happy!! I can not wait to get the all clear and jump my husband!! *LOL*

If you guys this six weeks is bad, try six months. My husband is in the Navy and every other year he is gone for six months. Talk about having to get creative long distance. I swear it's when I can't have it, that I want it even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 08:22 AM

Sharon, isn't that the truth! It seems like I want it most when I can't have it too. My husband travels frequently, although usually for only 3-4 days at a time, not 6 months! It's refreshing to see that so many of us are feeling the same way. My husband is very understanding and hasn't even approached the subject at all. Once I'm feeling a bit better (which I assume will happen once I get rid of this catheter ), I'm going to ask my doc about external stimulation. I really hope he gives me the green light so I can surprise my wonderful husband! Hang in there.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:45 AM

Hi Again Sharon,

Glad to hear you're doing so well!! Since we're both 10 days post op, and had the same procedure, I thought I'd chime in and say that things seem way better now for me too. I didn't know you weren't taking HRT -- What's that like? Any hot flashes? People seem to be doing so many different things -- besides estrogen, some women swear by progestin cream and even testosterone. I wish more was known about the effects of these hormones long term for women who have had hysterectomies (including the ovaries). It's like the wild west, anything goes -- and my doctor for one, doesn't believe there's any benefit at all for me to use prometrium (bio-identical progestin) now. She thinks it would be experimenting with a powerful substance, that there's no science supporting it and so she would never prescribe it for post-ops. But I remain curious...
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:58 AM

Hello Ladies!!

It's so good to hear from you. I'm feeling better and better every day. I hope you ladies are as well.

Kirpiggy - I hope that your catheter is removed soon. I think you mentioned the 19th, right? That's not much longer now. Hang in there... You are probably right, after the removal of the catheter, I'm sure you'll be feeling a lot better. I wish you all the best with your recovery and am always happy to hear from you.

DariaToo- Hello!! How are you feeling since your procedure? Have you had any blocks in your road to recovery? I've been feeling better and better each day and only hope it continues. I go for my first check-up on Monday. When is yours? Nope, no HRT. My doctor and I agreed to wait and see what happens in six months and how I'm coping with things. I had everything removed because of endometriosis so I think adding more hormones isn't exactly the best idea for me. What about you? I've had the odd hot flash and flood of emotions, but I'm hanging in there.
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Hi Sharon--

Monday's is my appointment too. We'll have to compare notes.

Only roadblock was a reaction to tape, so I have some itchy red welts near the incisions. Incisions themselves seem fine. And I've recovered from an odd pain in my right side that worried me. Think I just overdid it at one point. But I'm feeling good, lots of energy. When I see my doc I'm going to ask (among all the other questions), about exercise -- can't wait to get back to a regular routine.

Are you located in Madrid, Spain? Wow! I'm in the Bay Area, CA.
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:56 AM

Hi DariaToo,

It must be morning there. I use to live in San Diego actually. I lived there with my husband and son before being transferred here to Madrid Spain. Yip, had my surgery here even. You can imagine how difficult that was, especially when I don't even speak the language. I wish I did, let me tell you!

Yes, let's compare nots on Monday about our appointments. I'll be sure to get on here before it's morning for you back there in Cali and let you know what I found out.

My skin is all flaky and dry at the incision sites. Did you have stitches/staples or did you just have glue/steri-strips. I just had steri-strips, looks nice and neat. I'm thankful for that.

When you go on Monday to your doctor appointment, did your doctor mention going over the pathology report with you? I'm a little nervous as mine did. I know there was endometriosis as he mentioned seeing it, especially on my appendix, which was not removed. *UGH* On top of things, my regular doctor is not available for my appointment on Monday so I'm seeing someone else. Talk about frustration....

I hope you continue to recover well. I'm loving feeling so much better...I'm sure you are too. Let me know what your doc says about exercising. I would like to get back to walking a lot more too.

Good hearing from you as always....
Unread 12-14-2007, 01:21 PM

6 days post op, surgery at Cedars in L.A. MUCH easier experience than I expected IN the hospital. I was in very strengthened condition physically pre-op, guess that helped. Now, want to just type on my computer from top of bed against pillows. Get up to walk, bathroom (just had first BM) and tidy up. Save pick up things for someone to help me with. Not THAT hungry, and not for heavy things. Need light stuff for my system, heard anesthesia stays with you awhile. Don't wanna do much, frustrated in my head about it, but body just can't do more. Also don't wanna create scar tissue. Nice smooth cresent moon incidion, wanna keep it that way....

Rest, dear princesses
MMS
Unread 12-14-2007, 05:25 PM

Hi Sharon -

I, too, am going "cold turkey" without hrt after a TAH-BSO. My doctor asked me after 1 week if I was having hot flashes. I wasn't. She said that if I was going to have them I probably would have by then. I did have some shivers and night sweats when I first got home. She said that could be from the surgery itself. So far I've had a few moments of being warm - not what I'd call a hot flash. And one crying episode about 10 days post surgery. I've had trouble falling asleep. But no other symptoms. I can't take the hrt because of breast cancer history in my family. There don't seem to be too many of us on this site that are going without.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Susan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register