Natural remedies anyone? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Natural remedies anyone? Natural remedies anyone?

Unread 12-06-2007, 02:15 PM
Natural remedies anyone?

hey pickfranke.........thankyou for the flaxseed remedy.........i am sooo dogged by constipation, due to hashimoto's thyroiditis, that it drives me crazy, and scares me since this hyster, as the worst thing any of us can do afterwards is strain, and end up back in the castle with prolapsed bits getting pushed out ! ! uugghh......its my new nightmare ! ! my diet is fabulous, and i drink heaps of water, and don't consume caffeine/theophylline/theobrimine which can cause dehydration........but, still, i am dogged. and, i don't want to keep taking senna, and have my bowels get used to that, as the more you use it, the more it takes to work ! so, i am very tempted to try the ground flax. but, back to the phytoestrogen thing........its supposed to be a big no-no, especially for hashimoto's.......and estrogen's of any sort are not good for any autoimmune problem, as its suspected that that is why it is predominantly women who suffer from these conditions??? and i have a whole bunch of auto probs..... hmmm.......its all very tricky, and confusing. and, i wish i had a biochemist degree behind me to help me through the science jargon that i come across, which would really help me. i like to take full responsibility of my own health nowadays, and not give my power over to the medical fraternity. i now see them as an aid, to help me through the jungle, and to order tests to get diagnoses etc, and to wield a scalpel when needed for hysters and such, but, that's about it. i did start a science degree many moons ago, but dropped it for an arts degree, as i found it more mentally stimulating. geez, do i now wish i hadn't done that! ! oh well, will keep hoping, for all of us......gee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:41 PM
Natural remedies anyone?

Homeopathy: Staphysagria
Staphysagria promotes healing of surgical wounds.
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Natural remedies anyone?

Wow Gee thats terrible you have to endure all of that, I am sure you have done all you can, but I wonder why stuff like MOM or stool softeners and mirlax wont help you have an easy movement? I wish you the best of luck!! I have my own issues and I know its not easy to get through them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Natural remedies anyone?

hey presouz............yair, i have done just about all i can, and, i'm getting to end of my tether with it all. as for the stool softeners etc......they end up making the bowels lazy, as far as peristalsis etc is concerned, and it becomes a vicious cycle. so i don't want that neither. ****ed if i do, and ****ed if i don't. tell ya, i just need a magic wand??? surely someone can lend me one for a day or two??? lol.................gee.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register