Countdown is on! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Countdown is on! Countdown is on!

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Countdown is on!

I'm starting to have trouble sleeping as well. My dr said i could take ativan if I needed it. i'm going to just try chamomile tea for now.

I had my pre-op today. It went really well. I found out that I won't have to do a bowel prep or enema - just a clear liquid fast on the day before.

They plan on putting in a catheter but taking it out before I wake.

He's planning on sending me home the same day but said if I wanted to stay overnight I could. He also said that in his experience women heal faster if they can go home the same day. He doesn't like us to be woken up all night. I'm going home!

He said that because I'm having a TLH I will probably heal a little more quickly than if he had to open me up which actually is still a possibility if there are a lot of adhesions. But if not, He thinks I'll be up and around in 5 days and driving in a week. He said no problem on flying Christmas day since my flight i'll only be 1.5 hours in the air.

Get this - they said I could drink liquids up to two hours before check in! In the past it was always no liquids after midnight.

So I'm pretty happy with all that.

Did I mention that he's in his late 30's and VERY attractive. Great.

I hope everyone is doing okay - the countdown is really on. I feel like I still have so much to do. I'm okay with letting stuff go if need be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2007, 11:19 PM
Countdown is on!

Man, I am jealous!!! I wish I could go home. I am getting cut open though. Stinks. Countdown is on! So, much to do. My mom came over today and cleaned some for me while I was at work. Thank God for family help. I have been fighting a cold this weekend and I am hurting still. I need all the help I can get. I think I am getting over the cold; just a annoying cough now. My Friend had the TLH and she felt awesome after 2 weeks. She said she sometimes forgot that she even had surgery b/c she felt so good. That is great that you can have fluids 2 hrs. before. surgery. Congrats to you!!!
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM
Countdown is on!

Hey Tammy, House is all cleaned!!! now all I gotta do is finish packing my kiddos and go to grocery store. I got my pre-op tomorrow.I really hope that there isn't much adhesions for your sake. that way you can go home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Countdown is on!

Glad things are going good and on a roll . good luck
hugs
lisa
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
Countdown is on!

Thanks you guys. I still need to clean my house - it's gross! DH and I have been so busy lately.

So this is interesting. I think my first post here was relocated from another thread. I was just browsing threads and found this one with me starting it. i wasn't even subscribed to it.

Short573 - I wonder if it got relocated from the Dec 11th? Hmmm ...Very strange!
Unread 12-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Countdown is on!

Hey Girl, They relocated some of my messages from the Dec. 11 It is strange. I guess we are on the naughty list. LOL I think I stay on that list. How are you feeling?
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Scared Surgery Scheduled 12/12

Hello!

I am so glad I found thuis site! I was just told on Tuesday I have bad endo and ando (sp) and need surgery. I have had problems with cysts for years and chronic pelvic pain. It was actually another cyst that sent me to the doctor's again. After switching to a new gyn he decided he cannot let the endo go and might have to take everything. I am 38 never been pregnant. 2 amazing adopted boys. I am scared out of my mind and do not know what to expect. Would love to chat with someone!!!
Pam
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Countdown is on!

Hey There Pam, Welcome and you are at the right place. This site has amazing support and tons of info!
I am sorry to here about how bad you have been feeling. So, you are sched. 12/12? what kind of surgery are you having?
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:23 AM
Countdown is on!

HI Sarah,
I go for my pre-op today. The surgeon is going to start lap and maybe have to go straight across. I am just so confused. I want to be sure I am doing the best for myself yet my husband keeping screaming you have been in pain for years and it needs to be fixed. I know my right ovary has to come out due to a cyst but with a family history of OVCA I want him to take the other one along with the tubes. I am just plain scared today!!!!!! How were you diagnosed with endo???
Pam
Unread 12-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Countdown is on!

Well Dec 11th-ers, I'm now a Dec 18th as I came down with a cold on Monday and they've postponed me for a week. Very frustrating...I pray that each of you have begun your recovery well and you are not in much pain...blessings to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register