Funny things you can't do while recovering... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Funny things you can't do while recovering... Funny things you can't do while recovering...

Unread 12-04-2007, 04:15 PM
Funny things you can't do while recovering...

Ok, it's time for a few laughs here! I'm 8 days post-op from my TAH and it's the funny things that we take for granted that we just can't do when we're recovering like.....

--a Christmas gift came UPS, it's sitting on my porch but I can't lift it and bring it inside. Have to wait til DH gets home. Waaaah!

--the toilet is clogged. But I can't use the plunger on it (can I?) So I have to wait til DH gets home.

--the kitten ran in the house, but I can't lift it to put it back outside. So I'm finding new ways to utilize my "grabber" tool by picking up the food bowl and leading the kitten to the door.

If I couldn't laugh, I'd probably just cry. So what funny stories do you all have about something you just can't do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 04:34 PM

I wouldn't do the Plunger that would probably hurt you

--I am not suppose to pick up dd (although I can't help it)so at times I have to put her food in a bowl on a mat on the floor in the living room(can't sit on the hard chairs in kitchen), like a animal......some people dropped by to visit and she was eating green beans on the floor. I was so embarrased.

--went to have lunch with dh and I kept dropping things. The menu, my napkins but it hurts to bend over so I would leave them on the ground reminding myself to tell dh so he could pick it up. Deep in serious conversation. Well, I forgot to ask and dd was acting up so I had to send him out to pay the bill and go to the car. When I got up to leave I saw a big mess under the table....I felt so bad, I left more of a mess then dd. I saw a guy looking at me like you could pick all of that stuff up you know....but I can't. lol

--I can't sweep yet. So everytime I clean the counter tops and table everything falls to the floor and I just stare at it cause you can't do anything about it till dh comes home.....drives me crazy but is kind of funny!

............this was fun to think about, thanks for the laugh.
Unread 12-04-2007, 04:48 PM

Thanks for the laughs! It feels good to laugh

I was at Target at the Dollar Spot and I had mother in law bending over looking in all the bins for me! If you knew my MIL you would really love this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 04:50 PM

swelly belly kept me from tying my shoes
Unread 12-04-2007, 05:38 PM

Thanks for the laughs - how about:

-can't put your own socks on - had to get dear friend to do it - I think I was 3 years old the last time I had that done for me!!

-having to be "folded" into the car - slowly!

-feeling like a beached whale as it is a challenge to get up off the couch without hurting something
Unread 12-04-2007, 06:02 PM

I wanted to take a bath but the tub was dirty (shame on hubby) so I learned how to clean the bathtub using a spray bottle and the mop.

Speckla
Unread 12-04-2007, 07:14 PM

I went to Target today and when looking at a hat, it fell on the floor and I couldn't bend over to pick it up.
Unread 12-04-2007, 08:18 PM

Nothing funny here, just reality!
I just felt stupid because I didn't think of these things until I realized I shouldn't be lifting these things.

I went to Target to buy cat litter. I had to ask an employee to put it in my cart and asked another one to put it in my car for me.

The next day I went to the grocery store and bought some canned goods, I had to ask the cashier to put no more than four cans in a bag so I could carry them into the house.
Unread 12-04-2007, 11:06 PM

Oh, I am laughing. I love this post. I knew I could not lift, vacum, friends took out trash, mowed the yard and changed cat litter, but I was shocked that I could not bend over. I am so short, I really did not think bending over to pick up a towel would be an issue. It never occured to me how much miscellaneous stuff ends up on the floor. And the socks, magazines, kleenex, stray mail the cat knocked on the floor, etc were driving me nuts. Day 1 home from the hospital. So I went into the kitchen to imporvise. I learned that that those long steak tongs make great grabbers. Kleenex on the floor? Steak tongs. Sock on the floor? Steak tongs. Going walking? Grab those shoes with the tongs. Towell fell off rack? No problem. I kept those steak tongs right next to my comfy chair and the telephone. When the tongs fell on the floor, I thought I was screwed until I had a visitor, then remembered a second set. So I had steak tongs everywhere. I put those up there with the pillow, the colace and the rest of the tips. My friends were very impressed with my steak tong finesse. What are those for? Wow!
Unread 12-05-2007, 11:12 AM

I got tired of seeing the specks of dirty, food and whatever in the kitchen floor.

I knew I could not sweep it up. So I got the smart idea?! of sticking double sided tape to my sock to pick it up with. Well, you guessed it my sock stuck to the floor!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register