What to take to hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What to take to hospital? What to take to hospital?

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:00 PM
What to take to hospital?

Please accept my apologies as I know I saw somewhere on this wonderful site a list of what to bring to the hospital. Now I can't find it :-(

Could anyone possible respond back with the list?

I am sorry for sounding so urgent. As I posted in my last note, I literally have tomorrow to get ready (and get my job caught up).

I am freaking. Too much, too soon.

Thanks!

Shelly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 09:51 PM

Hi Shelly,

You can find it here. It is in Pre-Op Articles and you can find it by clicking on the Pre-Op tab at the top of the page.

Hope this helps!

s, Deb
Unread 12-04-2007, 09:58 PM

Pretty much the only thing I took to the hospital was my own slippers. Other people suggested taking pajamas or a nightgown but I figured I might as well get blood and whatever else on the hospital gowns.

I wish I had taken a small neck pillow though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2007, 11:02 PM

For me, it was just a change of underwear and socks, my toothbruch and toothpaste, make up and glasses.

I wore the same clothing to and from the hospital.

I did take a book, but never opened it. Instead, I chatted with my famioly and watched TV. Never napped either.

I was only there one night.
Unread 12-05-2007, 05:41 AM

Don´t take too much. I felt like an idiot carrying out all the stuff I didn´t need. On the other hand, I didn´t expect to be able to read but I read a whole book. The items from the list mentioned above I did need: lip balm, slip on SHOES to wear on the way home, oversized cotton panties (more comfortable after TAH)(Remember: no front seam!), toothbrush and -paste, shampoo & conditioner, deodorant and lotion. That´s it. (and my cell phone)
Unread 12-06-2007, 08:58 PM

Though the hystersite suggests Do not bring any valuables, I did bring my ipod to drown out the night time noises, I down loaded some quite soft wave music or babbling brooks, it was so calming... it gets pretty nosey at night especially if you are by the nurses station which I was!! and if you have a roommate their company may over stay their welcome as far as your concerned like my roommates did (they stayed till after 11 pm) UGH, anyway I was in tears from the stress if them blah blah and their cell phones going off, talking like it was noon!!! It was awful. I also loved my backscratcher to scratch the areas we can no longer bend. I bought boyshort type underwear made of microfiber, they are so soft and don't cut in to the legs at all. I am sure happy I had some gas x strips for my tongue, if I didnt I would have died!!! They take SOOO LONG TO GET an OK from your DR to say yeah ok she can have some by then I would have died like I did waiting for an ok on something other then morphine, morphine didnt help me at all, I was finally after waiting for HOURS given some Toradol and my pain was GONE! I loved the stuff!!! Wish I could have taken home a pill form, but my DR doesn't agree with that, my roomy got some from her DR. go figure... Plus the nurse failed to give me my 4 times a day stool softeners so I found out and thank GOD I brought some M.O.M to take the morning I was to be released... or I would have blown up.. my nurses were not following orders, so why should I? gas x? M.O.M's? helped me because they forgot to do their job.. ok nuff venting.. GOOD LUCK!
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:29 PM

You know, I wonder why most people put up with the rudeness of others....aka...noisy roommates at the hospital.

I had a private room, so this was not an issue for me.

However, IF I would have had a roommate, and their visitors overstayed their welcome, I would have A) told them to shut up and get out.and if that failed B) called the nurse to have him/her tell them to shut up and get out!

No joke. I would never have put up with it.
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:36 PM

I am such a ***** at times I am shocked I didnt say a word!!! I guess I didnt want to be a drugged up *****, my sister was there with me sitting quietly and she can be a real sassy one too, not sure why we didnt say anything, maybe cuz we liked the roommate? I begged and begged for a private room at check in they told me ask in surgery for one I said HUH???? I would pay for it NOW they told me first come first serve and I guess I was not first! I was even moved to the maternity ward floor on my 3nd day since the nurses were so lax in their job where I was first taken. It was a messy stay.. Glad its over!
Unread 12-06-2007, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
I am such a ***** at times I am shocked I didnt say a word!!! I guess I didnt want to be a drugged up *****, my sister was there with me sitting quietly and she can be a real sassy one too, not sure why we didnt say anything, maybe cuz we liked the roommate?

LOL! I hear ya, Presouz. That's what I was getting at...most people will not say anything, even though they are being hindered in their recovery. I just don't understand why the majority of humans will not speak up and say something when something bothers them.

I think that most are afraid to come off as "being mean or rude", when in fact, it is the other person (people) who are being rude. *sigh*

At the hospital I was at, all rooms are private. I didn't know that prior to check in, and was quite happy to find out after I arrived .

I ave never had a roommate in my life, so I am glad that I didn't have to have one in the hospital.
Unread 12-06-2007, 11:52 PM

I will tell you if it was my family in that bed and not me and I was there with them I wouldnt have let them keep my DD or DS awake you know? I have a problem ...hhehe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register