From 271lbs to 246 in 2wks?WHAT THE... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

From 271lbs to 246 in 2wks?WHAT THE... From 271lbs to 246 in 2wks?WHAT THE...

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
From 271lbs to 246 in 2wks?WHAT THE...

Amy, half a cervix????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 12:17 AM

I only had part of my cervix removed too. My dr. said it was because she couldn't get to the whole thing, so I still have to have annual pap smears so that sucks.
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:47 AM

I was also told by my doctor that if she couldn't remove all of my cervix because of scar tissue, etc. due to the endo that she would leave a portion of it. But hallelujah she got it all!!!

I lost quite a bit of weight too between surgery one and two (around 10 lbs.). I think it was due to all of the excess fluid and lack of appetite. Now that all of the womanly pieces and the endo scar tissue, etc. is out I've lost a few more pounds. Yup, I really like that since I was stuck at a plateau in my weightloss journey. I'm only 10-15 pounds away from my ideal weight again! Yahoo!

I wouldn't worry about the weight loss, I'd celebrate! Of course if you are concerned, mention it to your doctor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 07:45 AM

OK.. reading all your replies.. I'm bouncing between envy and hope! I can't belive "worrytoomuch" can pour it on at the gym... I'm 6 weeks post op tomorrow (TAH/BSO) and my doctor still won't let me do ANY excercise. I see him again in 2 weeks and praying he will release me then. I've always struggled with my weight... taking thyroid medication for several years now... lost both my ovaries and on HRT after my surgery. I'm terrified that I will blow up like a balloon... I lost 55 lbs over the last 4 years and was having trouble maintaining... I have not weighed since my surgery but I feel like I'm huge. Swelly belly is really a nusiance.

I'm going to take encouragement that many of you are successfully losing weight!
Unread 12-08-2007, 11:05 PM

pjhe~
The doctor removed the top half of my cervix and then cauterized the rest to help me not have any monthly bleeding. He said that w/ part of the cervix I would have less bladder etc issues.

asking and answering questions is part of why we are here don't ever feel bad for asking!
Unread 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM

Still losing weight Down 4 more pounds. Thats a total of 30. Got my total gym out today and feeling really good. Dont worry, I know not to over d it. I know the penalties of doing so I got a question about all this. My belly is still swollen. Just how long does that take to go away??????
Unread 12-09-2007, 04:28 PM

Depending on your age and your natural metabolism, you'll find that you'll lose weight much slower if you're older and had a total vs. younger and had a partial.

I had already been experiencing menopausal symptoms, so my weight loss was temporary, at 49 years old. I put it all right back on... this seems to be the norm, from what I've read...jmo
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestialArcher
I've lost about 15 pounds in two weeks, much to my delight.

I figure some of it is the loss of my uterus and fibroids and the rest is my reduced appetite. I hope this trend continues because I NEED to lose weight.

I hope to lose some weight over the next couple of weeks--I would be ecstatic over 15 pounds! Congrats! Right now I crave the healthier foods and I'm not eating very much. As a bonus, I crave water and not soda!!! I need to lose weight as well and I'm overly anxious to begin my walking regimen. But, since I just came home from the castle yesterday I don't think I will be able to hit the gym anytime soon...
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:37 PM

I had lost 20 lbs at 3 weeks post op, swelly belly still here and told it will take another month for it to go down I believe that will be another 5 lbs. I am at my goal weight that I picked at my last weight loss program before surgery. I have been told that my body fat like my fibroids was estrigen fed. So it would seem if I control my estro. at the right level I can also control my weight. I had fought this 30 lbs. for several years it would move a few lbs but not much. Wish I could have back all the money I spent hitting my head against that wall. And slap the people that told me I was probably lying about what I was doing and eating.
I believe I can maintain my 30 lbs weight loss because it was an estro. issue all together.
Unread 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM

You know, I've battled 30 lbs for the past several years and I've tried everything as well. Even exercising didn't help...nor did it help with my fatigue which I always thought was backwards. I've always thought that my problem could be related to uterus and ovaries. Since the previous docs I saw never believed the ovaries/uterus problems I mentioned maybe all the other people are wrong about the weight loss as well. I will keep your success in mind as I work on my healing over the next few weeks!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register