insurance nightmare! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

insurance nightmare! insurance nightmare!

Unread 12-05-2007, 07:54 PM
insurance nightmare!

My SAH was preapproved. I had it 4 weeks ago today (on 11/7) and on Sat (12/1 my 36th B day) I get a letter saying that my insurance was CANCELED effective 10/1... over a month before my SAH! We don't have a lot of money. I called and was told that they had no record of a payment EVER... I said well considering I have been insured by them for a year and that I was preapproved that was rediculous! U I also told them I would send proof of payments but that we were in the middle of a terrible storm (the community ended up flooding and if I had waited 5 more minutes I wouldn't have been able to get home) and I was borrowing my pastor's cell phone (my home numbetr and cell phone were out for 2 days) They had me dend in my Jan payment early saying if I was paid in advance that they would be more likly to restore my coverage and cover my bills. I am terrified that they won't! That operation is NOT cheap!

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-05-2007, 09:11 PM
insurance nightmare!

Amy-
Sorry to hear that you have been in the midst of the flooding out there.

Take a deep breath and as hard as this might be - focus on healing. Stress does weird things to our body and can slow recovery.

Trust in the Lord to take care of you and lead you thru what you need to do. I know that 'sounds' good, but having been there time and time again -- He will lead you thru it. Get your house in order, if you can't find cancelled checks - see if your bank can product copies. Take it one step at a time.

and :comfort"
Unread 12-05-2007, 09:19 PM
insurance nightmare!

Happy Birthday!

It will all work out...it's just a paperwork glitch and if you did send in the payments you will be able to prove it with either your records or your bank can help get records for you.

I would think they would have to send you formal written notice of cancellation instead of just mentioning it over the phone, anyway.

It will be OK. Don't stress about it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2007, 02:01 AM
How Frustrating

Hi Amy,
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with all of this while having a difficult recovery! My thoughts and prayers are with you!
Unread 12-06-2007, 05:46 AM
insurance nightmare!

if you have proof of payment, it should be no problem at all. try to get to a fax machine and send copies of your checks.
Unread 12-08-2007, 11:09 PM
insurance nightmare!

I got a letter today saying all is taken care of I also got 2 checks in the mail that will help paty bills

The kids all started dancing around singing "God is Good he takes care of us always! LOL I just stood there and cried
Unread 12-08-2007, 11:19 PM
insurance nightmare!

Oh, Amy. What a roller coaster for you! I'm so glad it all worked out! God IS good... ALL THE TIME!
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:15 AM
insurance nightmare!

Praise the Lord! He truly loves us! May you and your family recover from the flooding and enjoy the season.

Unread 12-10-2007, 07:26 AM
insurance nightmare!

You know I have got to say I love this site! God is so much a part of my life that I find it impossible NOT to speak about him and what he is doing in my life. It seems that on many forums like this one you have to be careful not to offend by mentioning him. I love that that isn't the case on this one!

God IS Great ALL the time!
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:46 AM
insurance nightmare!

thats great news and your kids sound adorable

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register