Hair Issues? Anyone Else? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hair Issues? Anyone Else? Hair Issues? Anyone Else?

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Hair Issues? Anyone Else?

clan6-
My hair fell out by the handful. I got hair in everything I cooked!! Good thing I have all boys! They just pulled the hair out and went on eating.
(retch!)

I'm sure it's just hormones. It's getting better.

My facial skin was also covered with a thick layer of oil at the same time. Go figure??

THANKFULLY, no facial hair, though.

It's not so bad you are getting bald spots, I hope.

Hope I was of help!

tw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 06:48 PM

Y'all girls are going to bust some stitches!!
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:31 PM

I am two months post op....my hair has always been thin...but its fell out! Lol like i wasnt bald!!! haha but it did thin quite a bit..and when i went back to work my one friend who is a hair stylist mentioned she could tell...where others could not! Its absolutely hormonal! Mine has thickened up again thank god! but chin up ladies....it only lasts for a short while!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2007, 11:45 AM

Why would the hormones make our hair fall out if we still have our ovaries? Just wondering

TAH 11/26/07 kep ovaries
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:39 PM

That is the explaination I have been given but I had a TAH/BSO and have been told that the anigen (sp) hormone is responsible for this in my case. In my case the took everything ovaries, cervix, uterus, tubes. A hair dresser I talked to said that she sees hair loss in all types of surgery patients, so I guess in some cases it can be drug related. But the information on anigen says hair loss on the head and whiskers on chin, well I have both those. I say it is hormonal for me.
Unread 12-10-2007, 01:05 PM

Hey Ladies,
You guys are too funny-lol! I'm 44 with a TAH-ovaries gone. I cannot do hormone theraphy due to breast issues. My hair is flatter than a pancake at 11:30 on Saturday morning. I thought it was just me until I read your comments. i'm thinking about getting a perm which I haven't done in years. I'm only 2 weeks out from surgery...any suggestions out there? I'm feeling great...better than before surgery...just a sore tummy and no energy. Thanks for the Tampon site..it is tempting to do some of those crafts with my first grade students...but parents might be offended-LOL! I could just hear some of the notes from parents...Why does Johnny's bell have a blue string on it! That Christmas star looks familiar somehow....
You guys gave me a great laugh! Karen (With very flat lifeless hair)

p.s. To Perm or not to perm..suggestions?
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM

Hey Karen,

I'm not a hair dresser but I would probably not perm. My hairdresser told me that a lot of her clients have hair issues after surgery?
If you have a stylist you've used for a while I would ask them.

But--you could do a faux perm and use the ------tampons as curlers? LOL!! Sorry, couldn't resist!! LOL
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Flat Hair Momma!

Hello Diane,
Maybe I'll sleep with my leftover tampons in my hair to get some body! That is the only thing I need them for except craft projects! I probably shouldn't get a perm just yet...I have a haircut and color scheduled for next week so I'll check it out with my wonderful hairdresser! I wanted one before surgery but she said your hair will relax and it would be a total waste! Hope your recovery is progressing well. This site is a real blessing! Karen
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Give your hair and yourself sometime to recover before making any changes. Who know that the perm chemicals might be to strong for your hair right now. Mine is coming out by the root, I would be worryed those chemicals might cause some kind of root rot in my case. Now we are talking about tree problems.
Tampon crafts at school are fine if you are ready to explain the true use to the little boys. I remember explaining them to my DS many years ago, now 19, I had him put one under the running faucet and show him its absorbtion features. He said so its just a fancy paper towel. He was not at all impressed.
Unread 12-10-2007, 02:57 PM
White Cigars

Kasey,
i am not going to explain tampons to 6 year olds-lol! I had one fall out of my pocket on my last day before surgery and one of my little darling boys in first grade . .. asked why I had a white cigar in my pocket? Too funny! I told him I was celebrating a special occasion. The girls caught on and said their mommies had lots of those things at home but they kept them under their sinks and in zippered things in their purses. Jasmine insisted that it was not a cigar and she gave me a very funny look. Just another day in the life of a first grade teacher! I will never have to worry about dropping a tampon in the hall or have one roll across the express checkout while a 16 year old stud checks out my groceries! So long white cigars! Hope you are having a periodless day too! Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register