unexplained pain on right side | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

unexplained pain on right side unexplained pain on right side

Unread 12-07-2007, 01:11 AM
unexplained pain on right side

Since right after my TAH I have had a pain on my right side (about mid-way between my navel and my hip bone). In the castle, the dr did an ultrasound and didn't find anything, but the pain has persisted. Has anyone experienced anything like this? I am due for a dr. appt very soon.

I have to admit I have been putting off calling my dr. I am terrifed of having to go back to the castle. sigh

Thanks for your help and support.
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 06:14 AM

I have had the same pain (To the right of my belly button) since the day after my TAH... It could be from the clamps... also they sort of burrow around sometimes...my doctor also did extra repair work because of my two cesaereans in the 80's (Had two almost 11lb boys) cleaning up scar tissue.and repairing the ab muscles... I am two weeks out tomorrow.... it's getting a little better... hurts the most when I am standing too long... Hope you feel better!!!!!!! zanner
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:39 AM

4ever4u,

I had my surgery five days before you. I have also been having quite a bit of pain on right side, but mine is lower like where the ovary probably was. I asked doctor about it and was told that it is just from healing. She also said that where they had to stretch everything apart stays sore for a while. I asked why it was only on one side then. She replied that it would also happen on the other side. I was like great something else to look forward too! Within two days of that visit, I started having the same kind of pain on the left side but it is much higher up, closer to my belly button. If I overdo it, it starts to feel like someone stuck a knife in there. And then if I don't sit down and rest, the knife starts to twist and turn. With all that being said, I know that everyday I am getting a little better. What really helps me is not thinking about how far I have to go to feel "normal", but how far I've come in even just the last 2-3 weeks!

I wish you a better day today than yesterday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2007, 09:21 AM

I have the most soreness at either end of my incision, but like they are saying that would be the most stretched part of the incision. I invision that where they started the incision would also be a more stressed area. Think about how a zipper will give at either end quicker than the middle it is the most stressed part too. The most stressful time to me is when I change position while sleeping, of course everything inside changes position with that turn and causes a new pressure experience.
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Yes, I have the same type of pain and often I think that the surgery didn't work. Mine is also on the right and I'm 6 weeks post. When I do too much it gets much much worse. I haven't felt it much on the left side and I hope that isn't to come still..
Unread 12-07-2007, 05:50 PM

I had what I called "phantom ovary" pain. It was like the same pain I had around that time of the month in my right ovary. It came and went for about ten weeks after the surgery and went away. I don't get it anymore.
Unread 12-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Don't be embarrassed to call your doctor and go in if needed. I did, they have see it all, it could be something or nothing as in my case. I thought I had really done somehting, had a cyst, etc. I was embarrassed to find out I had pulled a muscle. A groin muscle. A baselball player thing Doc said He explained that it had been sewed together and they did not embarass me because I did go in. The nurse told me that she thought she had a kidney stone and had pulled a muscle too. I backpacked 58 days out and pulled nothing; a month later apparently pulled this muscle doing nothng, but maybe rolling over in bed. Peace of mind is worth alot.
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:41 PM

Me too! Me too! It started just a couple days after surgery.
I looked back in past posts, and this apparently is very common. Everyones' doctor said it's the healing process. The discussion thread was "Pulling Or Tugging Where Ovaries Were".

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register