Diet Drinks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-15-2001, 09:52 PM
Diet Drinks

I am diabetic and my doctors have told me that diet drinks do make you more glucose sensitive. They can actually make you gain weight and make you crave high-carb foods. So I think I agree that a little won't hurt, but moderation is the key. I think all of us are trying to be so careful and are trying to do the right thing for our health now because we are at high risk for many other complications. It becomes overwhelming, sometimes trying to watch this, trying to eat right, take vitamins, take hormores, take bones tests, that somedays I think I would have so much more time if I didn't have to worry about what will or will not happen. I quess I am always worried about what will happen in the future. Trying to do the best thing I can today, may or may not make a difference, but I can't help but to try. Good Luck to everyone, I am sorry I got off track a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2001, 10:15 PM
Diet Drinks

That's very interesting about diet drinks. I think natural really does tend to be better. Why would our bodies know how to process these weird chemicals well?

It apparently takes 6 weeks to form new habits and that's what I count on. I won't have to work so hard at it all when it's just habit. The nice thing is that the most effective health changes work for many many things and are very straightforward and foolproof.

Exercise--walk, stretch, lift weights. We were created to use our bodies. And exercise cures or prevents so much.

Eat a variety of fruit and vegetables--5 to 9 servings a day.

Eat moderate amounts of meat or dairy.

Eat some fish and whole grains for protein too (beans and rice together, for instance)

Get about 30% of calories from fats--and only 10% from butter and saturated sources, the rest form olive oil or nuts.

Sleep 8 hours a night.

Spread your meals out into 5 small meals of equal size throughout the day.

Drink plenty of water.

I don't think that's too confusing. As someone said, they've known about this for decades really. Study after study is coming out with essentially the same message. There isn't a magic bullet. Just commonsense.

You might want some particular supplements for very particular complaints, and of course help your body along with some replacement or prescription drugs (I take thyroid and estrogen myself), but if you did these eight things, you'd have lowered your risk or improved your current health pretty much across the board--including diabetes.
Unread 07-16-2001, 01:24 PM
Diet Drinks

You know, you can't grow up in North America and NOT know the proper way to eat and look after yourself. That's what makes this such a guilt-trip. We all know what we should be doing and what we should be eating. We may not know details such as how many servings of fruit per day etc. but we all know that exercise and eating healthy (and we all KNOW that chocolate and potato chips are not on the healthy list) is what we need. Unfortunately, too many of us, myself included, lack self-discipline. That's why forums such as this one are so wonderful. We have an amazing support group of like-minded women (we all want to do it but need some hand-holding) sharing tips, and success stories and best of all, not letting us beat ourselves up if we "stray" from our chosen path every once in a while. C'mon, there HAS to be some sort of nutrition in an Oh Henry bar!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register