Anyone else feeling TOOO good? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling TOOO good? Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Unread 12-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Hi Horticulturalist,

Sorry I'm not one for breakfast in bed and hubby hates cooking but I did keep meals simply and quick but he did the washing up. Besides it was summer here when I had mine and we were 4 years into drought and we live on a farm so he was busy keeping animals alive.

He came home often during the day to check on me as I'd been sick so long he just wanted me well. He hired someone once a week for 10 weeks to give the house a thorough clean so as I'd behave. I did try sweeping the kitchen at 4 weeks and found that wasn't such a good idea and spent the next few days rather sore. My worst indiscretion was at 6 weeks when the dog had a brown snake he'd maimed and to get him away I had to finish killing the snake and I only had a garden shovel. I became a lounge lizard for a few days then. I did confess to my doctor and he was like tell me did you just wallop it once or several times. Needless to say several times. LOL

Hope you all have great recoveries and you will if you follow what you've been told and listen to your bodies

Take care............Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 02:06 PM

That's great your feeling up to doing so much. But please be careful. I too, felt pretty good a few weeks out, but than I felt like I took a hundred steps back. so still be careful. Good luck.
Unread 12-08-2007, 02:17 PM

Yippee Skippee! I got my Costco fix!!!! We got there so early that the goodies (sample carts) weren't being dispensed yet, so I stuck to my new diet plan. I chose to walk the store, rather than use the scooter. The cart felt good to lean on, until it got too heavy. I left my purse in the cart and walked by myself. It was fine and I was comfy wearing the backwards backsupport across my hips.

My stride is not as long as it usually is, and I found myself holding a protective arm in front of me when kids were around.
My biggest worry was the icy roads. I told DH to be aware that even a minor fender bender was likely to spew my entrails all over his nice clean truck. THAT slowed him down!
Now I'll take it easy the rest of the day and see how I feel tomorrow.
Merry Christmas, all! Sit back and let everyone else do the Christmas Frenzy this year. Lord knows, WE'VE done our share of them!

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2007, 03:17 PM

I'm also feeling really well. I only am taking Advil for the pain, and am on day 7 post-op after a sub-total abdominal hysterectomy. Times on the toilet are still quite painful lol, but I'm really surprised at how well I'm healing.The staples are out, and I'm moving around well. The past few days I've even felt more clear-headed.

After reading more on this site, I'm realizing the need to take things easy even if I feel a bit better, so am trying to rest up. I'm so glad this site exists!!

Good luck with recovery for all of you.
Unread 12-08-2007, 04:37 PM

Yes, I was a backseat driver a bit when we went out and told DH please do not get into a fender bender either! I told him the seatbelt would pop my incision and blood would shoot up on his headliner. I just love being so....descriptive!
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:59 PM

I also had my TAH/BSO on 11/26, and I feel fantastic! I'm walking at least a mile a day, both on the treadmill and outside (weather permitting). Occasional incisional pain, and weird twinges inside, but no pain meds for a week. Trying to take it easy, but starting to get antsy. I haven't gone anywhere yet, but haven't needed to. My DH has vacation this week to take care of me, which really is helping. He does the cooking anyway, and I've tried to help wherever I can.
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Ms Dee2,

I too feel good - today is Day 10 post op. I have gone out the past three days - breakfast and Hallmark 1st day.....dinner and a coffee shop the next and today out to take my Mom to the airport (I rode!) and then to walk a corner market store. I did not do the marathon yet! However, I'm trying to build a bit each day and reap some of the pampering : )) Hugs and Hope you continue to have a speedy recovery............
Unread 12-08-2007, 06:59 PM
feeling good too

Hi Ladies,

I had total abdominal on Tuesday, Nov. 27 and feel great. No pain meds after about 6 days. I have to remind myself to just surrender and take it easy. I hope we all keep feeling good. Take it easy girls.
Unread 12-08-2007, 07:20 PM

I felt just like you MsDee ...within 10 days post op i was full of energy and raring to go! Lol Just take it easy though...but I did actually over do it and found myself on the couch for a couple days....so take er easy and embrace the energy...just dont over step yourself! Good luck
Unread 12-08-2007, 09:41 PM

I'm doing okay. I was feeling great yesterday, but certainly over-did it by getting up and down too much. My belly is sore, so I can't even think about changing the baby or folding laundry. Thank goodness MIL lives here! Overall, things are going well. But certainly not up to shopping for 10 hours! I did that BEFORE my surgery, lol. I hope you're still feeling good tomorrow.

Stephanie

30 years old, TAH/BSO 11/26/07--endo, adeno, pelvic congestion

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register