Anyone else feeling TOOO good? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling TOOO good? Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Unread 12-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

ok I am 4 weeks out now and yesterday tried out the nintendo Wii I bought LOL actually all was ok but for the boxing duhh I will skip that one for a few more weeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 07:33 AM

We also have a Wii. I agree with you about the boxing game. Ouch! How about bowling? I think that should be okay and it's pretty fun.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:12 PM

I'll be 6 weeks post-op on Monday, and I'm feeling really great. Most of the time I forget that I've even had surgery! I thank God everyday that it went as well as it did for me, and also that I was able to prepare myself so well pre-surgery. I'm continuing with my supplements, vitamins, and eating well. I've noticed that I can't eat as much as I could pre-surgery, and that is a good thing because I have a lot of weight to lose as "my next project" now that the surgery is past. Also, my hair had been falling out from the roots for several years now, and even that has stopped! I think it might have been from being slightly anemic from all the blood loss (bled from just a little to a whole lot almost every day for years)---that's all I can figure out.

My best to all sisters out there, and happy healing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 03:12 AM

Anyone feeling good soon after op just take care. I felt great the vry next day and went home. I went out 1week after op to my daughters show and continued later in the week to go shopping, in a wheelchair but from start of bieng home was folding washing washing up and poodling about. I went for a walk to the park last week and then decided cos was feeling sooooooooooo good to finish my christmas shopping........ big mistake. suffering for it all now. My scar is painful and I have swelling on my left side of incision spreading up to my tummy button. Have been to docs and Im waiting for a scan..... please please please takecare I have felt so good that I really did'nt know what all the fuss was about when friends and colleagues have said dont over do it. I feel like Ive gone way way back and Im regretting it now. Im finding it hard walking around and Im on painkillers which I had'nt actually needed since the op. so please takecare all and dont over do it like me because you feel so good.
Unread 12-15-2007, 07:40 AM

Tamybing, I see your point, but if a person follows Dr's orders about no lifting (including laundry & groceries), resting when you feel tired, listening to your body, etc., there probably won't be complications. I felt good from the 1st week, but I still kept my activities minimal. Being active is a good thing for your body, and I'd hate for anyone to be frightened and think that you just have to lay on your back for several weeks in order to heal (unless of course that was Dr's orders!). As long as you sloooooowly ease back into your activities (while following Dr's orders to the letter!), you're gonna be fine.

Hope you get to feeling better, sister!
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:24 AM

I feel pretty good at 4 weeks post op, but it took this long. I had vaginal cuff cellulitis and now have thrush so it pushed it back some. The second week I was starting to feel like myself and was very excited, ventured out to stores, was driving, and then I got the infection. Now, I can do pretty much whatever I want but I just get really tired and achy after. I wasn't in great shape before the surgery but i will be after I get well! I'm trying to take over my old duties as slowly as possible because although I can do a load of laundry I can't do all the laundry, I can sweep a room but I can't clean the entire house- my husband and kids need to keep thinking I'm an invalid for now or I"ll be on my own quick!
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Good for youi<m 3 days post op was on percoset for two days but it made me dizzy,(even one) am now taking extra strength tylenol. Other than gas pains, not much pain. sent DH for stool softener. hope it works. is anyone else having a problem with BM.? happy that its over. I do recommend laproscopic to anyone who has the choice. I do understand that sometimes the doctor has to do an abdominal.
Unread 12-15-2007, 04:19 PM

Hi girls,
I am 19 days post op. I have been having good days and probably do to much and feel tired by 6pm. I am having a little trouble falling asleep at night and have some hot flashes. I have been having very little discharge that I notice when I go to the bathroom. I so want to clean my house but, my husband and son are doing what they can. I am told by several people, do not vacuum !! So, surrender ladies and let your loved ones take over.
Unread 12-15-2007, 06:14 PM

I am 6 months post op, I felt incredibly well the first 3 month. I couldn't believe it! Then I hit a wall, no hormones. I have gone downhill ever since. I have an appointment with my doctor next week. Don't over do!
Unread 12-15-2007, 06:19 PM

Gals, I'm still feeling good but we're caught in that ice storm so we have no power! We've sat in this house for 6 days running the fireplace nonstop. You don't get much exercise cooped up in the house with no power. Can't go outside and walk, can't use the treadmill either. So I feel this is a setback as far as being able to exercise. All I've done is toss wood on the fireplace. DH said I sure picked a rotten time to be laid up. We can't even do "that" to keep warm! ha

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register