Anyone else feeling TOOO good? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling TOOO good? Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Unread 12-15-2007, 06:45 PM
Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Ah rats, Dee! I know how it feels to be without power for days in a row---I used to live in the mountains of WV!! Just hang in there, sugar, and remember not to jump for joy TOO hard when the power comes back on, OK??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 08:42 PM

had my surgery on 10 nov..feeling energetic..walking abt 25 mins & evening..doing some cooking..only having a problem with driving..tried twice but both times felt uneasy...anyone any inputs on driving??
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I feel great too!

Ms Dee, just seeing your posts made me smile from ear to ear! I had a LAVH last night at 8:00 PM and came home today at noon. I went to the post op discussions and was so ready to share my positive experience. Well right after I posted my experience someone posted right behind me with this with some nagging experience.

I love this website but I honestly feel sometimes that if you have a great experience and want to share it no one really cares because all they want to do is nag over and over about something negative.

I met a women at my clinic that actually loved this website because of all the great information but she even had to comment on the negative posts. I realize this site is for sharing all of our feelings, fears and experiences but people shouldn't have to feel guilty for sharing positive experiences!

SO HELL YEAH MS DEE I FEEL GOOD! Thanks so much for sharing your postive experiences people need to hear the good news as well.

Isis67
LAVH 14 Dec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 09:16 PM

lsis67, I know just exactly how you feel, sister!! That's why I like these "feeling great" posts where we can come and talk about our good experiences without any guilt....and hopefully avoid the warnings to "watch out" that you're feeling "too good." I think we have all been told by our Drs to take it easy, and have been given specific instructions on activity. So if we're using our heads & following those instructions, and feeling good too, where's the problem???? I'm not going to sit around worrying and waiting for the other shoe to drop either--my body is healing very well & quickly, bottom line. I'm proud of that too, because I've worked very hard before and after the surgery to have a positive attitude, eat well & take vitamins, follow Doc's orders, and ask for help when I need it from loved ones. So here's me:
Unread 12-16-2007, 05:20 AM

me to me to me to. To lie in bed all day is not me and I personally think getting up and getting out and having fresh air each day makes a person feel better.
I also think the more you move around the faster you heal as A it getsout the crap from anestetic faster, B gets your muscles moving and healing.
Gets the blood pumping through so it heals faster.

That is my thoughts anyways and has worked for last years breast reduction when everyone kept telling me to settle down and this time as well when I have heard to sit down and rest I feel good why should I sit.
Unread 12-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Its a fine line we walk--in posting to get things off of our minds, as well as doing stuff in our recovery. I had two unbelievably great days this week, on Tuesday and Wednesday--felt like I could do anything, no pain pills, just felt almost normal. So I went about my usual business; unfortunately, since Thursday I've felt mostly crappy. And so it is back to taking it easy, letting others do for me. And that is hard.

I think it is especially hard now, during the Christmas season. My elderly parents are coming in 5 days, and I'm worried about overdoing while they are here as they do need some caretaking.

I think the name of the recovery game is PATIENCE, so I pray for patience for all of us in our different journeys of healing.

Hattie
Unread 12-16-2007, 09:02 AM

I am feeling great. I am even having moments when I forget I had surgery!

My surgery was Nov 12 and I started back to work half days Dec 10. I needed to nap every afternoon for about 30 minutes but I did not experience any pain.

I have even gone shopping a few times by myself. I do notice that my legs get tired.

All in all I really dont have anything to complain about!
Unread 12-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks so much, for understanding! You gals are exactly right, we've taken care of ourselves and worked hard to feel good and we deserve to be happy and not guilty about feeling good.

I know everyone heals differently but Katiebkool you are so right about having a positive attitude... it really does help you feel better!

Thanks again sisters for understanding!

Isis67

Think positive, it's amazing how positive thoughts can lift the spirit
Unread 12-16-2007, 12:19 PM

I had my surgery 10/24/2006 and I've never had a bad experience yet with the physical aspect or even hormonally.

I've had panic attacks and emotional issues but it's due to other reasons. With minor meds and seeing a therapist, I'm happier and healthier than I've been in years...it almost seems too easy sometimes.

Speckla
Unread 12-17-2007, 05:01 AM

Hi Katie, I did'nt want to panick anyone, just wanted to say take it easy, Ive listened to the docs problem is one says one thing and another says something else. I thought the things I was doing were ok as I felt so great and if I lifted something and if felt uncomfortable even just slightly i stopped. I know personally Ive over done it. Im now sitting and letting others do things for me. Im just not good at it. I cant and dont recomend anyone sit and do nothing. Just go careful. It really isnt worth it as I now know. Hope your all taking it easy and feeling a lot better. I think my hormones kicked in today. Very emotional.. Sitting down has improved my baordgame skills though. My children are refusing to play me as I keep winning lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register