Anyone else feeling TOOO good? - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else feeling TOOO good? Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

Unread 12-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Anyone else feeling TOOO good?

LOL with the boardgames, Tamybing! Hope you're feeling better really soon, sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 09:59 AM

You gals are absolutely right, a positive attitude makes all the difference! I have read so many horror stories on here that I felt something was wrong that I was feeling so good. I had to stop reading all those posts. I was thrilled when I found out I was having a TAH, whoopee, now finally an end to the pain. Once I rolled out of bed on my own Day 6, I've pretty much never looked back. I'm a battleaxe I guess.
Unread 12-17-2007, 11:01 AM

MsDee2, I asked my Dr at my 1st post-op appointment if he felt that the relaxation exercises I did and the music I listened to during the surgery made a difference in how well I was recovering. He said that he thought so, but that the most important thing was my positive attitude about the whole thing. I'm not bragging about myself, but I was interested that he said that because I'm sure he sees how all kinds of women recover after the same surgery I had, and how their attitudes affect everything while they're healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 11:13 AM

I think I was a little to positive when I came home. I felt fantastic straight away. I still feel Im on road to recovery, but think Ive slowed it down a bit. I know I havent been resting enough, Im always so active, I really did find it hard to sit down and leave the dishes or the washing I no I must be mad......... Im usually trying to get the kids to do the dishes lol but Im now sitting down and chilling more and pottering around cant wait to be able to get back out for a run. hoping to go swimming this week.......hmmm maybe. wont be doing lenghs though lol just paddle and see how I go.
Unread 12-17-2007, 12:32 PM

Hi ladies,

It truly is good to be feeling great and sharing the news as I did with my recovery and honestly everyone loves to hear about good recoveries. The reason you don't find as many good recovery stories is that those who do have them stop visiting as they don't require any help and no longer feel the need which can be a shame for those following in our footsteps.

As some of you have found you can do small things and be quite fine but by the jeepers go overboard and your body quickly pulls you up. I found following my instructions and listening to my body worked well for me and my biggest problem was feeling the best I had in years and wanting to do things I'd had no energy or inclination to do in years. A positive attitude does go a long way but even then some ladies have come undone with complications unforseen.

Oh and cabin fever just where the heck does it come from? It's the pits! Going stir crazy wasn't for me so I went visiting. LOL

Wishing you all continued speedy, uneventful recoveries and for those having hiccups along the way may you heal quickly.

Take care...........Karen
Unread 12-18-2007, 02:06 PM

I'm so thankful for this thread. I had a LAVH (uterus, cervix, tubes and both ovaries) on 12/13, so I'm on day 6 of recovery. I'm feeling pretty darn good. At no time in recovery have I felt as bad as I did the morning I went in for the surgery. I was out and about yesterday, driving a little. I overdid it a bit. But I've rested up today and I'm feeling no worse for wear.

I've had a couple of questions, but have hesitated to come looking for answers here because so many of the posts are so daunting. It's reassuring to hear I'm not the only one who is feeling good.

Thanks ladies,
Cheryl
--
LAVH/BSO for endometriosis 12/13/07
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:23 AM

Its great that your feeling so good so soon, I felt great for first couple of weeks and increased what I did, Im paying now, just take it slow ok you might feel great but inside takes time to heal and once you've damaged it, it takes alot longer and can cause more problems so just go slow and as som many people keep saying dont do anymore than your doctor says is ok. Hope you stay well and listen to your body. dont rush things you will get there.
Unread 12-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I too was feeling great about 1 to 2 weeks post op. Now I am 3 weeks and paying for it also. I was feeling so good the first couple of weeks, like I never had surgery, and did too much. Now , I am tired and a little weak. You have to take it easy. You only have one time heal so do it right. I am glad I got all my holiday shopping done before surgery. Relax and enjoy doing nothing...surrender.
Unread 12-19-2007, 12:17 PM

Don't really think you over did it but any major surgery 3 weeks seems to be the dreaded mark of tirednes and what not.
I had breast reduction last year and everyone hit that 3 week mark seemed down to. I think we just get fed up of not being ourselves.

I am not saying run a marathon but it is fine if it doesn't hurt you to go walk around a mall. go get groceries, sit up and visit people.

I can't imagine lieing in bed all day and I imagine as each day goes where you do nothing but lay you feel crappier and crappier when trying to do anything the next time.

If yo feel up to a walk do it and don't feel guilty about it Take you walk then come home and have a rest or nap.

Good luck to all the new ladies fresh out that are feeling great I hope it all continues on the same great path
Unread 12-19-2007, 03:08 PM

I am glad to hear that its sort of normal to feel kinda crappy around the 3rd week post op.
I have been walking and visiting friends. I also rest alot. I just don't do alot of house work, which is driving me crazy. I guess what I meant to say was surrender to cleaning, doing laundry or anything real physical.
I think you are right in saying we are fed up because we don't feel ourselves.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register