BM Issues... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:08 AM
BM Issues...

Thanks for the info, Angela! I asked my doctor if I should do the colace, and she told me no for some reason. A shame, I already had it and MoM on the shelf, ready to go. I wonder if I can return them as long as they're still sealed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
BM Issues...

I had diarreah on day 3, terrible, fever, called doc, she is treating me for c-diff (sp?). I will get the stool sample back next week to see if it is that or not.

The diareaah stopped yesterday, had major pains all day, went to poop last night, it came out but oh my lord....it hurt so bad....not down there, but in my stomach. It felt like someone was ripping me apart!!

I had another poop this morning, same thing....ouch!!!!

Anyways, sorry for the TMI, but this is my situation right now!!
Unread 12-09-2007, 10:46 AM
BM Issues...

Yikes, sorry to hear about the possible c-diff infection! Hmm, maybe I should take back my endorsement that maybe going out to a restaurant for lunch would be ok! :bigwink:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 10:59 AM
BM Issues...

I use one Colace in the morning, don't use it at night or you might be up all night. I was using Milk of Magnesia along with the Colace (bad idea). Just take your time and don't rush, gravity will help you along.
Unread 12-09-2007, 11:26 AM
BM Issues...

That's true - - - gravity is our friend when it comes to moving things along. Walking in combination with all the previously discussed remedies will help a lot.
Unread 12-09-2007, 11:31 AM
BM Issues...

Ladies...thank you so much for all of your input and advice. I don't know what I would do without this website. I am just so thankful for all of you.

I did have a little bit more luck with my bm after I wrote this morning. It was a bit more productive but man, do I ever hear you ladies when you say OWWW!!! After which, I barely recovered enough from the pain in my stomach to crawl back into bed this morning I have been hurting all day ever since too.

My doctor here in Spain hasn't prescribed any stool softener for me and we can't exactly go to the pharmacy and ask for it either as the pharmacies here aren't the same as those in the States. Man, I miss being back home right about now. I'm going to send DH out tomorrow to the store for some dried fruit like prunes, apricots, etc. I hope that helps along with more juice as well. I heard from some of you that bananas may work?

Now that I finally started, I hope I can keep it going. Are most of you staying with diets that are light and full of fiber? I had a piece of pizza tonight and I'm wondering if I'm going to pay for it in the morning?

Also, I have one more question for you ladies. How are most of you losing the weight that I have heard mentioned. I am at a total loss. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. I wouldn't mind losing a few along with this pain.

Thanks again....
Unread 12-09-2007, 11:32 AM
BM Issues...

I'm also not sure if I will be taking HRT. For the meantime, my doc and I have agreed to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months. Hopefully things will settle down and I can avoid taking anything.
Unread 12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
BM Issues...

As for the weight loss... I guess I lost a few pounds fasting the night before surgery and not having much appetite in the hospital.I think I also lost any muscle wieght I had because my activity level is so much less. Since I came home it seems I need to eat a salad or fruit smoothie every day along with colese and fiber supplement. Im avoiding cheeses as much as possible along with keeping breads to a minimum. I have granola or raisin bran or bran muffins for breakfast, maybe a chef salad for lunch or if I have a sandwich, I make sure I have a salad with my dinner. Everything I eat I think about how it will react with the other foods for the day to make sure Im not eating too much glue type foods.
I hope some of this will give you some new ideas. The only other thing I can warn you is that any serious pain meds will make you constipated. The sooner you can get off them on to ibuprofen or tylenol, the better off youll be. Good luck.....
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
still waiting

I'd like to thank all of you on this board for your ideas, I had my surgery on the 6th, today is the 10th and I'm still waiting...

lots of juices, salad, soft food and fiber, tons of water (kept the hospital jub which measures intack so I know I'm taking in a lot)
and the feeling I have, well I'm now a contestant for the part of BLOATY THE EIGHT DWARF!

I will be getting prune juice tomorrow and by thursday I'm going for a back door method.....isn't being a woman a blast sometimes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register