Never felt so bad in all my life ... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Never felt so bad in all my life ... Never felt so bad in all my life ...

Unread 12-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Never felt so bad in all my life ...

I am not much into homeopathic remedies BUT a good friend at work does this as she cannot take HRT due to migranes. Its worth looking into. Just make sure that you go to someone who has a good reputation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM

Thanks! I've come to the conclusion I need to find a new doctor.
Unread 12-14-2007, 11:16 PM

It does sound like maybe a new doc is in order. A couple of questions re the antidepressants though. How long were you on each. I know they can take upward to a full month before you get any effect at all. Also, as someone else said, do not give up on them altogether. I have taken antidepressants for 6 years now and it took 4 different meds before we found what worked for me.

Also, one other option. Can you take the HRT and a prophylactic like Depakote or Topamax to prevent the migraines. I suffer from cluster headaches and my doc has me on Depakote as the Elavil didn't work.

I guess, very long story short, do not give up! These are all so very entwined that and I can tell your pain, as I have experienced some of the helplessness you must be feeling. Just keep at it and if a doc won't work with you, get a new one.

Big hugs and good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 07:34 AM

I've been on three anti-depressants since surgery and stayed on each one for about 3 months. I did not feel any better on any of them than I feel now. I tried to get an appointment with an endocrinologist that's on my insurance preferred provider list but they only accept patients by physician referral. So, I made an appointment with my GP one more time to try to get a referral. Wish me luck that this appointment goes well and I don't totally lose my cool! Thanks for all your responses.
Unread 12-23-2007, 09:37 AM

Butterfly -

I'm so glad you decided to see the endo. I hope they help you. They sure did help me and my case was VERY complex. Like finding a needle in a haystack!! He found the needle in 2 visits after almost 8-9 months of seeing a cardiologist whe tested everything and couldn't find the prob.

I hope you get to feeling better really soon and that 2008 is truly a new year for you!!

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register