Cat Stretching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cat Stretching Cat Stretching

Unread 12-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Cat Stretching

I hope I am explaining this right.
For the past couple of weeks I have had what I call "involuntary cat stretches", I have been able to fight them off but this morning I woke up doing one sorta hard! I felt pretty good yesterday and was up the most I had been since my TAH/BSO.
I don't think I did any damage, tomorrow I will will be 6 weeks post op and was released by my Dr at 4 weeks to "normal" activities.
The only thing I am experiencing is a pulling sensation where my right ovary should be, which I had been experiencing on and off any way. Just yesterday there was no pain or pulling. The "cat stretch" bought it back on.
Has anyone else experienced these involuntary stretches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Cat Stretching

Mine haven't been involuntary, but I have felt like stretching more often. I figured my body is used to a lot more activity than it's been getting and stretching helps the muscles. I've enjoyed being off, but am looking forward to more activity. Maybe try to do some easy stretches to help loosen up the body.
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:58 AM
Cat Stretching

Tigger 2583,

Good morning,

I know exactly what you are talking about. I have posted before concerning my preoccupation (I called it backwards bending), it seems to happen to many people. I am now 9-weeks post op and still do have this happening to me. It happens when i wake up, my middle starts stretching without any initiating on my part, it's an involuntary reaction and I have to concentrate not to let it happen. It's the weirdest thing, but feel it will past once I am completly recovered. Otherwise, I've had a wonderful recovery, so I don't make too much out of it. I'll be checking back this thread to see what others have experienced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Cat Stretching

The same thing is happening to me. Usually I stretch first thing in the morning. (years of having a bad back) But now, my body is doing it itself! I don't know whether it's 'muscle memory habit', or my body reacting to lack of exercise. I find that lifting my shoulders off the bed stops the belly stretch cold.

I'm also starting some non-ab leg stretches every day. Basically, you sit with your legs straight out, and try to point your toes at your nose. Don't move anything but your feet. This stretches the leg muscles without putting too much strain on the abs. Hopefully, it will help.
Unread 12-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Cat Stretching

I am glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this! I am still quit sore on my right so though.
I wonder if I pulled something apart?
It's a little sorer than it has been and stops hurting when I rest.
When I was released by my Dr at 4 weeks, I asked her if there was any restrictions for a while and she said no, that I had "healed like a rose" and nothing I did could tear now.
She is a very reputable surgeon so I trust her, but that stretch this morning really aggrevated something.
I have never been through this before so any input would be appreciated.
Thnaks to all those who have already replied.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register