Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

If your hysterectomy was between Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns!

We hope you are recovering with plenty of rest and a bit of walking.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

Don't forget to pamper the princess, drink plenty of water and walk a bit!

How to use the Progress Report threads:
  • 1. This thread is for the purpose of your hysterectomy recovery progress report.
  • 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress.
  • 3. Remember to start a new thread to ask your questions.
  • 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.
  • 5. Remember all the love & support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in Pre-Op Forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of Women Helping Women!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2007, 08:44 PM
surgery today- home already!

Hi everyone! I had my TLH this morning at 8:15 and I was home by 2:30!

I'm feeling pretty weak and doped up on vicodin but otherwise not bad! The vicodin is making me a little itchy.

Everything went smooth though I haven't heard this from my Dr firsthand. He spoke with my husband while I was in PACU.

He removed my uterus and cervix. I guess my ovaries looked great so I still have them. I have 4 tiny incisions on my belly. I don't know the details of the surgery - I'll call the Dr. tomorrow - but I guess they pulled everything out through the vagina. the whole thing took 2.5 hours.

Around 11:30 I was able to eat some ice chips and by 12:30 I had some crackers (actually about 2) and applejuice. I was able to pee right away and they sent me home at 1:30.

I've been dozing on and off today. Drank half of an odwalla protein shake when I got home and just had some miso soup with some whole grain crackers.

I've been taking arnica ever since I got home and I took some Vitamin C, A, zinc, acidolpholus and some milk thistle with the miso. Been drinking alot of water and juice. I also took a bromelain around 8. My acupuncturist and naturopath has me on this supplement, homeopathic post surgery protocol.

They had me on a toradol drip post surgery but then had me take 2 vicodin with the crackers before I left the hospital.

Took an ibuprofen when I got home, 2 vicodin at 4:30 and will take 2 more at 8:30. This all has kept the pain under control.

Felt a little pain in my ribcage area and shoulder - I imagine that is the gas but it's mostly gone now.

I'm really just very tired.
Unread 12-12-2007, 10:08 PM
made it home

Hi Sisters, I had my tah-bso Monday the 10th...
Just came home. The surgery itself went well, I woke up part way thru the surgery and freaked my Dr out. He later told me I have an incredible tolerance for pain...
Day two made it with second bowel movement, no pain meds,except tylonal... full meals. now 4 bm's later I am home! Yahoo. My staples (all 20 of them) came out today and I got to come home!
Let you know how first night home goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hello, I had my vaginal hysterectomy, right ovary and falliopian tube removed and a TVT (bladder tie up with a mesh tape) done on Monday December 10th and doing great. I got to come home on Tuesday late afternoon. I am bored out of my mind. I do take my pain meds every 4-6 hours. It is getting easier to get up out of bed, couch and chair.
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Home Yesterday the 12th, but...

I am feeling weak,and lots of pain. Had to come home with my catheter. My bladder won't go on it's own. Hubby has to take it out tomorrow, and if I haven't gone by noon, back to the dr. we go. I will post more later. love you all.
Unread 12-13-2007, 08:43 AM

I'm still on the vicodin/ibuprofen rotation. I sure can feel it when they wear off.

Last night I had lentil soup but I think I ate too much - felt very nauseous afterwards.

Still no BM. Just took full dose of miralax - we'll see what that does.

I think I still have a bit of gas in my belly. Hmmm

Still taking arnica.

The hard part has been getting in and out of bed but it is getting easier.
Unread 12-13-2007, 09:09 AM
day 4

I had my full hysterectomy on Monday, Dec. 10. I had everything removed(ovaries, cervix, uterus). I feel like an 80 year old woman when walking--I can't straighten up much. It feels like my whole stomache is attached to a tight elastic band and is on the verge of snapping. Pain is ok, but need the meds still. I am bleeding some--one pad a day only. I can walk, etc. but am probably overdoing it a bit. I don't do relaxing well. We live in a 3 story house so am using stairs about 3-4 times a day. My biggest complaint has been the neck spasms, causing bad headaches, from being in the hospital bed and sitting up with back propped on a pillow. My head feels too heavy for my neck! I can't seem to sleep for long periods--sleep is more like resting than sleeping. Nightsweats are still here. I am 54 and was already having hot flashes and night sweats before surgery. I'm glad the operation is over. I had a bad migrain while in prep. I was given morphine for the pain--it worked--but made me sick. I finally got relief when they put me out. First day of surgery I felt great! Then next day-ugh! Tired and pain, but each day I do feel a bit better. Thanks for all the support.
Unread 12-13-2007, 10:46 AM

Home last night(after dinner) but was too tired to sit by the puter......these drugs are knocking me out..((hydrocodone).tell you it doesnt take much to make me tired with meds......

TAH went fine..got to keep ovaries....they were fine...........Funny thing is they had to do a pregnancy test!! Now,let me tell you,Im 53 and my husband had a Vacestomy years ago....so if I was pregnant,it would really cause a scene........

Ate ice chips first day.then liquid diet,not real food....been walking and doing pretty good,IMHO........

Glad to have it done with.....(and it wasnt that bad after all)....

GTG--------the meds are still kicking in and I see the typos.......
Unread 12-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Home and recovering

Had my LAVH on Tuesday (11th), came home on the 12th. Still getting back to normal. They ended up taking both ovaries, due to them not looking so great. Now on estrogen. Still sore around the middle and trying not to do too much. Hard with two little boys and one big boy (DH) mucking up the house!
Unread 12-13-2007, 05:11 PM

Home from TAH BSO since 10 a.m. today after 12/11 sugery. Went well!

Frozen biopsies during operation were all clear but I still have to wait for pathology report for all-clear 100%. Staying optimistic.

Cather removed yesterday morning. First peed dribbles but then copious amounts, measured in funny little plastic "hats" in hospital toilet. Phew. Gas pain has been awful. Started with bowel prep on Monday and was back right with a vengeance after surgey.

I told myself I wasn't going to post here until I "passed gas" as they loved calling it in the hospital. I walked long distances at hospital to move things along, with no action, and continued back home. Well, at exactly 6pm I had a rapid 10 passes. That earned me the prvilege of turning on the computer and saying hello and i love you to my brave sisters.

Pain meds: after surgery: morphine drip. Day 2: percocet. Day 3 (today) heavy strength tylenol.

Arnica pre-surg and ever since. Can tell it's making a difference.

Belly a swollen dome. Clean lateral incision. Thighs numb from heperin injections.

Food has all tasted awful to me so far, zero appetite. Have forced myself to drink lots of water, some herbal tea, some ginger ale.

Had a very whiney complainey room-mate at hospital, whose negativity helped me leave asap, best thing i could have done.

I want to hear from more of my 12/11 sisters!

Love and very very gentle hugs,

Siri

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register