Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

HI fellow sister. My friend had her hyster about 6 weeks ago. Told my about this site. LOVE IT!!!!! I had my LSH on December 12. Only took my uterus, everything else was good. Wow. I had surgery at 2:00 and was out at 4:00. Had a panic attack coming out of the anethetic. Doc gave me some toradol and morphine. Said he was surprised that I went home that night. (My husband said I was pretty out of it, big surprise). Went for post-op check on Monday, December 17. All is healing well. Haven't had too much pain. I have had two migrains since surgery, not sure if it is related. Doc said uterus was 3-4 times larger than normal. Didn't ask why he wanted to talk about panick attack. Went for a walk last night. Walked about 20 min. Did really well. Not much pain.

I really only have one question right now, my glue has come off and the incision is kind of gappy. Not sure if that is normal. I was glue shut, no stitches or staples. If anyone has a thought let me know please!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 09:21 AM

Hey Alafaday, I had some slight bleeding from my belly button incision. I had a LAVH with three little incisions and the Doc glued them over. They said I could shower when I got home and I did. The next morning I noticed that I was bleeding

I called the nurse and they said keep it clean and covered with gauze, I did and I had no problems. Although if I start trying to be superwoman (which happens) the bleeding increases. I called the nurse and she literrally said "Sit your butt down and relax"!

Hope this helps.

Isis67

"Pain is weakness leaving the body".
Unread 12-19-2007, 09:40 AM

Good to hear people are moving on. very good to hear from you sarah.
(short).

Bit worried about how many people seem to be doing quite a lot already.

i walked to the post box today, and am planning to stroll in the park tomorrow.

I'm sleeping really well, still taking regular pain relief, but only headache strength tablets.

Mis, isn't there an alternative to narcotics for you? I was waking during the night because of 'discomfort' not pain..but was getting tired because of the broken night sleep.must be something less toxic to take?

Tammy, think im a bit like you, feeling okay during the day, but start aching later. tummy gets kind of tight and uncomfortable.

Feeling sorry for people at home alone. I was a bit teary today, but thinking I should be having a period right about now- am I getting pmt symptoms, or am I just weary?

take care all
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
One week and counting

Had my TAHBSO on 12/11. Doing well. Had no complications (yet). The biggest help was the binder the doc gave me. Makes it easier to walk and lessens the pain. Still feel like someone took and egg beater to my gut but I guess that is normal. Still haven't needed pain meds. I guess when you are 57 you become a "tough ol' bird".

Sleeping on my side for 3 nights now and loving it!

Making little trips outside - hubby driving - good for the soul. Finishing up my scrapbooking projects at home. Keeps my mind busy and gets me up and down a bit and makes me happy to finish something that has been bugging me. Need to make some good use of this down time.

Important to not over do it - did that one day and payed the price the next day.

Overall - doing well.
Unread 12-19-2007, 10:11 AM

With the BM situation - I've been using citrucel every night - makes things easier - don't forget you can use a stool softner or lots of fruit too!
Unread 12-19-2007, 10:16 AM

Hi Everybody!

I am poking along a lot slower than most of you! I have been dealing with fever, chills, nausea, stomach cramps, hot flashes (even though I kept ovaries), etc. I have been tested for infection, but came back fine on my blood cell count. So I was wondering, "WHAT THE HECK?". Then last night, my mom, who is staying with me, came down with the same thing! It appears that I am an unfortunate pup and caught the stomach flu right when I got my surgery! I was throwing up all over, try doing that with an incision!

So, I am trying to eat some food today, but I've already lost some weight. Drinking Pedialite and eating soft food. However, I am sleeping pretty good and going to the bathroom pretty good. My poor body is so mad at me right now!

I was crying my head off the other night, because this past week, I felt WAY worse than I ever did before my surgery, with my big hematoma, stomach flu, and swelly belly. I was wishing I never done it. Even my doctor said "You poor kid." But he keeps telling me that when I am through all of this, I will feel way better than ever before. They said I had more fibroid in my uterus than normal uterus! He said it was a wise decision and I should be at peace, because he feels that I have avoided a TON of major problems by doing this now.

Doesn't seem so though! So say some prayers for me!
Unread 12-19-2007, 10:59 AM

misy71~ I feel just like you. I have made a "cocoon" with my pillows that allow me to sleep on my side(one between legs, one under belly and one behind back). The nurses at the hospital showed me and it sure beats trying to sleep on my back!
I, too, have been having the trouble with sleeping and the night sweats are awful! I take a vicodin but I still only sleep a few hours at a time. I think I finally fell asleep last night after adding a half of vicodin(my prescript is for 1-2). 1 1/2 seemed to do the trick for me.
I have been getting around better each day and might try a little shopping tomorrow night again.

Godd ;uck with your recoveries!
Unread 12-19-2007, 01:44 PM

I am doing a million times better today. I have been eating, not much but that is ok. I am able to get out of bed without much trouble and am walking around without being bent over The only weird thing is the strange gush of fluid that came after pulling my knees to my tummy. It nearly soaked my undies. If it happens again, my doctor will be getting another phone call from me! After a rough first week it looks like I am finally on the road to a wonderful and full recovery.

Now, I just have to keep the off the stairs and I will be good to go.
Unread 12-19-2007, 02:24 PM

Hello Sisters,
I had a TAH Dec 10th with right tubes and ovary removed. Every time I move wrong it feels like shock treatment in my left ovary so , I keep encouraging the left ovary to hang in there!

My surgery went well I stayed in the Hospital 4 days by day four I was climbing the walls! I did alot of walking because the gas was killing me! The first time I got up to pee I thought I was going to pass out but eventually I learned how move around better. I had 18 staples which were taken out before I left the Hospital and replaced with steri-strips.

Then I had to relearn how to get up out of my own bed and everything else, but it is all good now! One week later and I feel so much better. Moving around , slowing climbing stairs (my only bathroom is upstairs) Eating all foods now, although a good thing to try is mineral oil to help with bowel movements-I thought I was passing a cantolope- horrible! but now its easy.

Love and kisses to all my sisters and Happy Holidays!
God is Good! Rocky cat
Unread 12-19-2007, 03:45 PM

One week post op from my LSH on Dec 12 and I am out dong short errands (HAHA!) I am feeling really good except for some abdominal tenderness. Of course at night, when I lay down I feel pretty sore.

I can identify with the pillow jungle. I start off with them in the correct position but in the AM they are all over the place.

The main thing I am dealing with is waking up feeling like I am going to spontaneously combust! I am so hot I am stripping down to my underwear! I kept my ovaries to hopefully avoid this problem. Today, I bought primrose oil and flax seed oil. As a nurse I am very skepical about homeopathic treatment, but it was recommended as a non-medical option. I have also tried anicar gel for the scar, according to the dermatologist it helps to decrease scarring and bruising (that may take a miracle). I will wait and see.....

Hopefully, I will continue on this road. With three children ages 16, 13, and 5, and Christmas right around the corner, staying home bound is not an option. My 5 year old told me to stay in bed and rest, since santa will take care of everything. I only wish that was true!!!

Hope everyone i doing ok and for those who are having more challenges, I will continune to keep you in my prayers.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register