Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 19 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

My Dr doesn't want to see me til 4-6 wks either. I was a little concerned at first after reading posts, but I want to say it's a dr to dr thing...they all do things differently and patients are all different. I don't feel I'm being neglected though, as he had his nurse call me 8-9 days post-op to answer any questions and check on me. Said to call if things changed or questions. I am wondering if I have a few removable stitches he forgot about...he said they were dissolving, but the ones at my rectocele repair site look and feel different. They resemble a white string?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Stairs and stitches

Hi everyone. I'm doing well overall but overdid it a few days ago going to lunch and target on my 1 week post op anniversary. I walked it and felt aches and pains in the lower abd off and on and was pooped out. Was worried but no spotting. Same friend also stayed after our outing and brought dinner back later. She was making up for not being around due to a family emergency on her side during my surgery time. But I think as nice as it was, it was alot in one day. No nap that day and I have caught a cold since then, so I probably picked up a germ along the way or got too ran down or both.... so be careful out there and wash hands. I was so frustrated Friday (was hoping to go to a movie w/ DH and DS but felt like a rung out wash cloth) and got weepy because I had been feeling great until then. I did feel better after my cry to a friend who called to check on me. Little did she know she was going to get an earful and a few boo hoo's! But that's what friends are for I guess!
One of my toughest challenges (besides keeping my hands out of the sweet treats people are bringing) is not using the stairs a zillion times a day. Is anyone out there using them frequently? My doc said only 2-3 times a day but I am doubling that. I had a TVH and would like to compare to the others who had this or had another approach.
I just don't understand what harm the stairs can do??? If anyone has had this explained to them, please explain to me.
Also, does anyone know the amount of stitches a TVH includes? I should have asked. More or less than the other types of hysters?
Thanks and blessings to you all! Looking forward to hearing back from you. Take it easy fellow Princess's!
Amy
Unread 12-23-2007, 07:45 AM

I had a TAH/BSO 12/10. I live in a 3 story house(main floor on third floor. I have been up and down stairs since day 4 of post-op. I am used to the stairs(which helps). I have not had any problems. I think it may be harder on a person that does not regularly climb stairs. On day 5 I became very breathless when i climbed up stairs. I took it easy and have improved since. Listen to your body--it speaks to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2007, 09:08 AM

Don't worry, Bulldoggrl, I didn't go, but the adrenaline rush kicked in when the pager went off. Hard to kick years of habit, even when your down. Absolutely not allowed to respond for 8 weeks per my chief, with or without Dr's okay. Besides wouldn't get past the DH.
Still can't drive for another week minimum. Handling the stiars in my house well. Only go up at night, then down in the morning. For those wondering, the abdominal muscles are affected by climbing, (ie: stairmasters), and there is a risk of pullling a muscle and/or tripping/falling. If you do it to much you run the risk of tearing any sutures, rupturing any repairs, etc. I think you get the idea. If you look at a picture of the bodies anatomy you can see which muscles are involved as well as placement of the body parts in relation. Just be careful on stairs, and as stated before, LISTEN to your body. It does speak to you.
I've had good and bad days still. Yesterday ventured out to the WAlmart, and the grocery store with DH running block. Only out for a little over an hour, and I was beat. Came home and rested the remainder of the day.
Today driving a total of 2 hours, 1 hour each way for holidays with the stepkids. DR tomorrow for staple removal, then Christmas will be another 1-1/2 round trip drive. I plan to rest in between trips, then the rest of the week is mine.
I am listening to my body, it's my mind that wants to get up and do more. They will eventually come to terms with each other, and be on the same page.
Thanks for everyone, and you all have a great holiday! -

Kathy
Unread 12-23-2007, 09:49 AM

Girls,
Went to my doc on Friday. Was crying to the point of hysteria. Didn't have my ovaries removed, but was have night sweats and small hot flashes. Couldn't sleep at night was tired all day. I think I was slipping into a depression. or possible metapause. but he said, hormone levels good. Put me on more Paxil and prescribed atavan for the hysteria and so that I could sleep. Today I am feeling better. NOt as weepy and slept great last night. I fell asleep on the couch at 8:00 and woke up at 7:30 this morning. I feel like a new woman.
Unread 12-23-2007, 10:50 AM

Hey there Ellie, I am feeling good and I am not as worried about the Fibroid stuff. I was just like Whats Next for me ? You Know what I mean? It has defiently been a Year for me. I am soooo Glad it is almost over with!!! I am ready for a new year. All my friends are ready to take me out once I get that a Ok from Dr. and I am feeling up to it. I am ready to hit the town and boogie the night away!!
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
Follow up to UTI

Day 2 of ABT's and my life is wonderful. My pain has gone away. I am off pain pills and now on ibuprofen. What a great relief. I am up walking and doing little things now. I went to Wally-World last night and my family made me ride in one of those electric scooter's. I was imbarrassed at first. But once you get the hang of it. Wow.....I was all over that store. I can't wait to see how I feel after a few more days on this stuff!!!!
Hail to chocolate!
Unread 12-23-2007, 12:24 PM
BM's

Anyone else have bleeding after passing stool? Is this normal? No pain. It's just that it is the only time I spot. Thought I would ask.
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:08 PM

Have similar thing Brem..it's not bad, but I have nothing except when having bm...just assuming that's normal..no pain etc.

glad to hear you're getting there Sarah..I know what you mean - coping fine then someone adds something else to the mix and it freaks you out..then you assimilate that and along comes something else..

physically I'm good. went for walk in the park today with a girl friend, and had a coffee at a little cafe down there, with home made apple cake..almost felt normal, lovely. no pain relief today..just iron tablets.

I was told that stairs are good...advice years ago was don't take stairs at all - but as usual ideas change. If you take it slowly, it must be good gentle exercise..

Looking forward to sitting at the table for Christmas dinner(couldn't do that yesterday)
x
Unread 12-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Watch out for me today!

Wow, an I miserable today. I cant even stand being stuck with myself. I am sick of it hurting to walk, I am sick of it feeling like I am giving birth with evey pass of gas. I am sick of this huge painful belly. I am sick of needing pain pills. My poor family are all walking on egg shells and I just want a good cry- BUT IT HURTS TO CRY! In my normal mind state I know I am only 9 days post op and I had alot of done and a ton of stiches. But I just want a break from this body!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register