Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I'm feeling better today. Walking around the house more - even went outside to the mailbox.

Still alternating vicodin and ibuprofen and still taking arnica. Also taking supplements mentioned in my first post and some other homeopathic remedies.

It's getting much easier to get in and out of bed. Spent most of the day in the living room in a recliner.

Had my first bm today! Wasn't painful at all but I was sure to take colace and miralax both yesterday and today. I have been drinking alot of water and 1/2 juice1/2 water combos.

Ate more lentil soup today,miso,crackers, and a friend brought over quinoa and veggies. Think I'm ready for a little more protein.

Not sleeping enough though. I feel like I'll sleep for a few hours and then wake up for a while and sleep a few hours - really just here and there but not through the night.

Overall I'm very happy with my rate of recovery so far. I'm making sure I move very slowly but I do move!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2007, 11:18 PM
TAH on Dec. 10th

Today is my 3rd day post-op TAH and I'm doing OK. My uterus, ovaries, tubes, and cervix were all removed, everything is gone! I'm in my early 40's and my recovery is going fair to OK, so far. Pain is mostly incisional and a big, swollen belly feeling. Had some temps post-op, and had a 2 night stay in Hospital, and I am on antibiotics at home now as well. The Vicodin seems to make me feel nauseaous, and the Motrin is helping pretty well. Feeling of needing to urinate frequently, with a presssure feeling on my bladder. I have felt so awful for weeks now prior to my Hyst this week, with bad bowel symptoms, gassy-feelings, abdomenal pain, diarrhea, etc, so I am hoping to feel much better once I begin to heal from surgery too. Unable to sleep tonight. Doc put me on Estradiol for HRT, and it's my second day of taking this. Hoping to learn much more about Natural HRT for the near future. This is my first post with you all!
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:58 AM

Well, I made it to the other side. I got home Wednesday morning but have since developed a high fever and some potty problems. The hot running water trick has been a life saver!

The pain itself is not bad but the gas pains are KILLING me.I walk and walk and walk and they just don't go away.GRR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Day 4 post op

Well I stayed in 2 days. Had LAVH with right ovary mass removed. Said it was the size of a baseball! Glad to have that out. Pathology was clear. I also had adeno on the backside. So they did a little reconstruction, and a bladder lift. I was allergic to morphine. Was scratching sores into my skin. But felt on top of the world. Well "not so much" with the vicodin. I feel it now. Had to go to doc yesterday due to no void. That was worse than the surgery itself. Cath is back in and on anti spasm med. I still have no bm. Taking MOM. And have no desire to eat yet. I eat jello. And last night tolerated tomato soup. Sooooo glad to have it out. I can actually feel the relief inside from where it was removed. My back doesn't hurt! Think I will go lay down now. Lol. Not good at being a good patient. I don't sit still well. Hope the rest of you are doing well.
Unread 12-14-2007, 08:20 AM

3rd day post op today. I think I overdid it yesterday - I felt so good. But I think I walked too much. So today I'm feeling quite nauseous. I'm going to take it easy today!
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:15 AM

The must-do WALKATHON: yes-yes-yes

Sarrah and others: I'm here to say that walking really really was the thing that flipped me from overwhelming stabbing gas pain to....oh-my-god-relief! I walked and walked the colorless cold hospital halls night #2 with no result. Within 6 hours of coming home from hospital, bam-bam-bam-bam, and more fireworks during nite. Able to eat for first time this morning, tiny bowl of oatmeal, tasted good, is staying down. First swallowed bite without instant get-it-out-of-my-mouth nausea since Sunday night.

The reason? Our bowels were shut down during surgery, and that's why we're nauseous, vomiting, can't eat. Let the fireworks begin. They start the digestive motion, necessary for gut to accept food. I'm here to say: stand up and walk! Slowly, slowly, calmly, breathing.

Tammy: Truly sorry you overdid it. Do take it easy. Your positive outlook has been contagious! I love that you're out west and I'm in the east. We're spanning the country.

Sarrah: Sorry about your fever. Feel better soon.

Love and hugs to all,

Siri
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM

Had a LSH on Wed 12/12 as outpatient surgery. I left my ovaries and part of my cervix. Supposedly this will help to suspend my bladder??? Everything went well except for bladder spasms after surgery. Once I was given meds for the spams I felt alot better. I recoeved a large amountof drugs in recovery due to the bladder discomfort, I had to stay a little longer in recovery. Once I woke up completely I was on my way home by 3pm.

I have been feeling good except for the wonderful gas pains. I feel like a blown up balloon. Over the counter gas meds have worked. Last nite was harder than the first night. I think I over did it yesterday. I have found that there is a fine line between doing some activity and too much.

I had an additional mini tummy tuck, which I was real happy, until I saw my swollen belly. This better go down soon! I am a liitle timid about causing strain on the incision. I do not want to cause a hernia. Rest is difficult when I have three children, one of which has his thirteenth birthday today. I am going to attempt to go to Outback with him tonight. Putting on clothes will be very interesting.

Has anyone ever used Ice packs for the swelling, it feels better than heat sometimes. I alternate heat and ice hopping to expidite healing.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom to aid in healing??
Unread 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM

Starfthrower here again. Surgery was 12/10. Everything taken out abdominally. I am up most of the day. Not taking any pain meds today-so far. I'm trying it without to see if I still need them. My entire stomache is one gigantic bruise and bulge. Purple, yellow, ugh! I think that may be the cause of the most pain. I walk regularly. We live at the beach so I can walk back and forth to the water. Today I will bask in the sun on our deck and RELAX!! Very hard for me to do--I never sit still! Still bleeding some--had my first BM today--tiny turd! But a start. I started eating prunes yesterday. Drinking protein smoothies daily too. Good luck to everyone in recovery and soon to be. I have had worse pains in my life--this is very manageable.
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:17 PM

Hi everyone, i just got home about 4 hours ago just got settled in really good and my husband is sleeping like a baby,( u think he was worried?) he proped me up on the couch i didn't want to see the bed for a while, gave me the phone, the remote,a big blanket a a bunch of pillows and he crashed out( by the way he works graveyard shift and we have two girls that had to go to school everyday). Anyway, i had my TAH on 12/11 and i'm just coming home today-i had a slite fever, but it went away just as fast as it came. I had a bad reaction to the pain meds after surgery, and threw up all over them-that'll show them-they gave me motrin after that and i did fine with that just as long as i take it regularly. I was very gassy and bloated after, had a hard time passing gas at first but as soon as i got going, oh boy everybody put on your gas masks(lol) they gave me colace right after surgery and clear liquis for 2 days, had first meal thurs nite and i knew i was ready to leave. i havn't had any bleeding not even spotting but doc said i could have a little bit later. anyway all is well i feel fine and i'm looking foward to my six wk ck up so me and hubby can get closer again! thanks for the support love u all.
Unread 12-14-2007, 06:40 PM

by the way, i had my first bm and i felt like i was passing a house, but one i got going i was fine i think the colace really heally helped and the clear liquids. the walking is the best way to relieve the gas, IT WILL GET BETTER LADIES,JUST TAKE IT REALLY SLOW AND EASY AND R-E-L-A-X !!! (it helps)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register