Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

hhad my surgery on the12th of Dec.. Doing well had severe gas pains but they are gettin better Have a two week appt. with the dr. Thursday the 27th. had a tlh Glad it"s over
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 12:30 AM

Is any one having Hip pain? My Hips feel so sore and they are achy like. It is weird. It is painful. It feels like the bones are bruised or something. The soreness is making my whole pelvic area sore and hurting.
Unread 12-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Reply to "Short"...

Short, I too had some pretty bad hip pain too, about week one and into week 2, it even hurt to lie on my side in bed at night too. I believe it was just my own muscle tone decreasing from not being as mobile as I used to be prior to surgery. My hip area and buttocks, pelvic area were just not in tone after surgery (of coarse), just from the lack of movement, as our bodies are used to prior to surgery. Not that I am very "boney", but my hip bone area kind of is. I am tall and thinner built. I find now 16 days post-op, that I am moving well, going for walks, doing light housework, caring for my 2 children, age 4-month old Baby and a 3 year old too! The more I get up and "move", walk, and do things, the better my body is feeling. I cannot "nap" ever, and I have not ever had the pleasure of a nap throughout this recovery, so my body is "up and moving" daily, from morning until bedtime. But again, it got better about day 9 or 10, when I really pushed myself to move and gain some strength back! I am driving, and going to store since day 9 or 10, the only hard part is of coarse, "loading" the babies in the car, that really hurts! The carseat carrier plus the baby, are SO hard to load in and out of car! But I have to, I have no other option.

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, love to all, Brooke
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 08:44 AM

Hey there Brooke, I was feeling really good and I was cleaning, doing laundry, I have been getting out and walking Alot. I have been playing with my kiddos in the floor too. I do not know if I just pushed it too far or what. I am hurting pretty bad to day. I am going to sleep in the recliner and see if that will help b/c my lower back is hurting too. thanks for the response.
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:40 AM
To all of my dear and sweet recovering sisters!!!

Hugs and chocolate to all of you!!! I have read all of your posts and I can relate to each of you. From the gas pains to the over-doing it pain, to driving before I was released thingy! Each one of us are special and our needs may be different in some ways but we all need each other for support. I want to encourage each one of you to take a time-out and pamper yourself. I don't know about you girls but shaving my legs would be nice right about now without it killing my tummy! I have made some rather quick attempts but you know they are needing some attention. Just take care of yourself and take it one day at a time. We have a whole NEW YEAR ahead of us, let's enter it together in good health and with great peace and joy in our lives.

Much Love,
pinkwiley
Unread 12-26-2007, 09:51 AM
My First Post!!

Hi, everyone!! <br> I have been using this AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL website, since about two weeks before my December 13th Surgery. I think my procedure was called a "Super-Cervical Abdomonal Hysterectomy", being that I kept my ovaries and cervix.<br>
The hints that were given by women who'd already had the procedure were PRICELESS!!<br> I'm sure my Dr., indirectly, must love the site, also, since I haven't had to ask very many questions at all, since all of you have answered them.<br> I had a vertical incision w/ a lot of staples, that had to come out 3 days after my release...not my favorite car ride, but the staple removal was no more than tweezing those missed hairs, after a wax...and that was only a few of them.<br> Gas is much better, most days, but am staying away from brocolli(sp?), spicy food, milk, and nuts...just to be safe.<br> I can get up out of the bed in one smooth move, now, but it still hurts a bit. I'm taking advil 2-3 times a day and am taking the Tylenol#3, just before bed, to help me sleep. I've started sleping on my side, after taking a lot of time to get in a semi-comfortable position, but really miss my usual stomach sleeping...a LOT.<br> I'm getting ready to hit CVS, for the after Christmas sale (for next year's little gifts for my teaching colleagues) and am a bit scared. Aside from geting the staples put and some small walks up the street, I've been a recluse...LOL...and this trip to CVS is making me exhausted, just thinking about it!!.<br> I asked the nurse, this morning about my stomach being "surface-sore" ABOVE the incision, up to my ribs, and she said that I'll be sore for quite a qwhile. She said that the Dr. manipulated just about everything, so she was not surprised that my upper abdomen felt sore, too...in case any of you are experiencing this, too.<br> Well, I'll quit my rambling. I guess I had almost two weeks of things to say...LOLOL<br>Sorry about the spelling errors, but I'm too tired to reread this long letter.<br> Happy Holidays adn New Year!!!
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Doing Good!

Had TAH/BSO on 12/11. I think I am doing really great. Sister is a nurse Practioner so I get lots of questions answered from her. The binder that the Doc ordered (probably the same you can order from this web site) was the greatest thing since sliced bread! With that on I can do lots of things. With it off I am sore and in a twinge of pain. I try to go without a bit every day to build my self up again but if you dont have one get it! If you have a panty girdle try it out!

Go to the doc today for 2 week checkup. I really can't complain at all about this process. Got lots of ??s answered from this website and I have recovered very well considering I am 57.

Have been doing some cooking. DH lifts anything heavy for me (think he is just glad not to have to cook or run out for something). I was so happy to be able to make the bed 2 days after I got home. I try to do things in the morning while I am on an energy overload and then take it easy in the afternoon. I have asked friends to take me out for lunch to have a pick me up and it soes wonders. doing walking and the such.
Unread 12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
warm spot and pain?

Hello everyone,

Has anybody had a "warm/hot" spot on their belly? It is painful to the touch, but not red or any more swollen then the rest of my belly. Also, my incision is completely closed and clean, no redness, swelling or ozing, very clean. no pain at incision. I also don't feel unwell, but I was wondering if anyone else has this problem too?

Thanks for the input.
Unread 12-26-2007, 12:23 PM

Hi!
I had and sometomes still have that feeling, to the right of my incision, of someone holding a hot curling iron against my skin. (Sound familiar??) The last time I felt that kind of pain was when I tore my episiotomy stitches out, 15 years ago, when I went to the bathroom the first time after giving birth.
I found this mentioned on the Internet, and also asked my Dr., and both sourcdes said that it had to do with all of the internal organs being pushed all over the place during surgery. I think it's nerve related.
The nurse told me that I'd be sore for quite a while.
I hope this helped.
J
Unread 12-26-2007, 02:47 PM

math-teacher,

It does indeed help. Thanks for your input. I was just worried it might be an infection, and of course, I really don't want to call the doctor. Thanks again. Feel well.
Kel

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register