Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb52298
math-teacher,

It does indeed help. Thanks for your input. I was just worried it might be an infection, and of course, I really don't want to call the doctor. Thanks again. Feel well.
Kel
Kel,
From what I read, an infection usually comes with rednessand extreme heat in the area, and a fever.

If you also have a fever, definitely call your Dr.

You feel good, too!!
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 03:15 PM

Hello Everyone...

I had my surgery on Dec 12th and have some weird stuff going on... my laporscopic incisions have what appears to be a rash around them, my belly button to, but there is no incision there... also, I have "twinges" on the inside, sometime feels like someone is pulling at me from inside... it's really weird...

It's been very difficult with it being Christmas to NOT do things... the other night family was over and we were laughing I got a sharp, quick pain, went to the restroom later and had some blood... nothing before or since... not sure what that was about.

My post op appointment isn't util the 7th of January, and my doc is on vacation and her nurse isn't very good at returning calls... although I do have one into her.

Any feed back would be great!

Missy
Unread 12-26-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misy71
Hello Everyone...

I had my surgery on Dec 12th and have some weird stuff going on... my laporscopic incisions have what appears to be a rash around them, my belly button to, but there is no incision there... also, I have "twinges" on the inside, sometime feels like someone is pulling at me from inside... it's really weird...

It's been very difficult with it being Christmas to NOT do things... the other night family was over and we were laughing I got a sharp, quick pain, went to the restroom later and had some blood... nothing before or since... not sure what that was about.

My post op appointment isn't util the 7th of January, and my doc is on vacation and her nurse isn't very good at returning calls... although I do have one into her.

Any feed back would be great!

Missy

Hi, Missy.
The rash sounds more like an allergy, but
I'm no Dr.
I've heard a lot of women sat that they spotted a lot more after over-doing it.
I went, w/ my DM and my DD, to CVS for my first post-surgical "outing", today. I had some unfamiliar sharp pains afterwards, and some during. which I'm chalking up to doing too much.
I had a large vertical, abdomonal incision, but kept my ovaries and cervix.
I haven't spotted, yet, and it's almost been two weeks.

I'd continue to bug the nurse, because you had major surgery and it's her JOB to cater to the Dr.'s patients.

I hope you feel better, soon!!
J
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2007, 04:11 PM
very tired and have some ?

I had a vaginal hysterectomy December 11 and came home on the 13. I will go back to the dr. tomorrow for my post op check.

I am still tired and bleeding. Is that normal? Some days I bleed more than others. I called the dr.'s office and the nurse didn't seem concerned.

I have been trying to rest as much as possible and am glad I had it done.

My other ? is do you sometimes wonder if this was the best thing to do for your body? I have a few friends that seem to question my move to have the hysterectomy.

I am SO glad I have found this site!

Sue
Unread 12-26-2007, 04:24 PM

Sue - interestingly you posed the question wondering if having a hysterectomy was the best decision. Honestly, I know I have been second guessed myself, probably because I still don't feel like myself & really have not been feeling that great. Right now I am missing my personal, professional & social life .... hopefully when I'm feeling better I won't look back & think twice about the decision I made. I do know 10 days before my surgery I got my last "horrific" period ... I just have to think back to that time & now realize I will be free of ALWAYS bleeding & being uncomfortable ....sometimes, though, it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel . Hang in there & best wished for a healthy recovery.
Ps I only spotted the day after my surgery ... nothing since
Unread 12-26-2007, 04:33 PM

It's been a few days since I posted I was giving "Kinda" encoraging words and then I had a rough couple days. I have tried to move away from the pain pills and stay with the Ibuorofen. The last 4 nights I get the worse headache around 8pm every night. I read in a couple post that others are having the same issues but I did not see a response. Did we come up with a conclusion to this. But my recovery is coming along good. Today was my 1st day on my own my DH went back to work today so it was interesting be here with the kids but they worked out everything and did need me for anything. Maybe the excitment of the new xmas toys are keeping them busy.

"Firefighter89" That is a difficult question you asked because everyone had their procedures done for different reasons. For me Yes it was the best thing for my body. I had 9 fybroids, 4 were the size of a cantalope and I only had about 5 days in a month that I was not bleeding so Yes it was the best thing for me.

I am glad to see that our group is all healing well and communicating with each other I know I always say this but this site has to be the best.
Unread 12-26-2007, 04:44 PM

WOW...you hit the nail on the head! We live in the country, no driving for me and man I can't believe how much I miss the social/work side of my life. My MIL was here to help for a few days so that was good. I am wondering when I will get the ok to head back to work. I did stuff from home today but I am exhausted now. I feel bad because pizza seems to be the norm in the house. Those that have seen me keep saying that I look great for having surgery just two weeks ago yesterday but inside I sure don't feel that way!

I too have to remind myself what my periods were like. It was a relief to give all my boxes of tampons to my SIL!!

Sue

age 37
Unread 12-26-2007, 06:35 PM

Once again hugs and chocolate to all of my recovering sisters! I have been reading everyones posts and wanted to add to them.

Sue: The question about this being the best thing for our bodies, it was for me, I had first stage of cancer cells present on my cervix, but as for you just remember what helped you make that decision for yourself in the first place and try not to second guess it. What's done is done, now is the time to heal and become well again. Take it slow and easy and pamper yourself a little everyday, you deserve it!

Missy: I also had a laparascopic hyst. and have those strange twinges inside, not really sure what they are all about but I think that they are normal (from what everyone tells me). You know that your body has underwent alot of trauma and is healing and well I consider that it has a right to be a little grouchy and complain. LOL But of course if you do not feel that something is right call your doctor and ask, ask, ask and if you have to ask again. You only get this chance to do the very best for yourself, so do it. P.S. Don't forget to pamper yourself.

TiggWifey: Thanks for encouraging others, we all need it! I am there with you, I have been trying to stay away from the pain meds and just take Ibuprofen but some nights it is not possible. I am getting the headaches also and I think for me it is because I am trying to a little too much each day because I am tired of not doing anything much and maybe my body is just trying to tell me to give it a little more time. It is great that your DH has been with you this time, my hubby went back to work two days after my surgery and I was home alone everyday for about 9 hours, it was tough!!!

I absolutely enjoy talking with each of you. It is so encouraging to get on this site and read different posts and be able to relate to everyone is some way. Keep on healing and pampering yourselves. Remember to take it one day at a time.

Much Love,
pinkwiley
Unread 12-26-2007, 06:50 PM

I will assume by your name that you are firefighter. DON'T rush back. It's the adrenaline junkie in you wanting to move and help again. I am also a firefighter/paramedic, and have been told that it's going to be at least 6-8 weeks, before I can go back to work in the ER. Dr hasn't even started discussing fire dept duties. Do you really think your ready to start pulling hose? Ventilating roofs? Lifting that 350 pound patient from out of the car, while trying not to slide on the ice? Take care of yourself, so that you can continue to help others later. You don't want to rip a abd muscle. You'll be right back to square one.
As for questioning having your hysterectomy....I don't know what led to yours, but it was DEFINATELY worth it to me. I was in so much pain every month, tried to hide it at work, and was bleeding so much, I couldn't do it any more. It's very frustraitng now, but hang in there. You'll be up and out responding sooner than you think. Right now, just be the patient patient.
Take care , and vent here anytime.
Kathy age 45 TAH/BSO
Unread 12-27-2007, 03:58 AM

My hip bones (inner) have been sore/bruised feeling as well. I just assumed, as many of you have stated, that it was from the pulling/shifting during surgery. I am doing well and my gas is almost non-existant (except for the occasion "Sailor's belch", as I've named them). I do some walking, but find that I experience swelling and discomfort at the rectocele repair site if I'm standing for too long. Called Dr yesterday after wondering why stitches "down there" had not dissolved like the ones on the abdomin. Told they were dissolvable as well, but not abnormal to still be there. Whew! Didn't want to have to have those out after they had healed nicely.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register