Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-29-2007, 03:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2savemoney
I wish I had lost 8#s like firefighter89 did. I've been terrible with the bored eating and the holiday goodies.
ME, TOO!!! <br> The bored eating of all of the cookies, pies, and food from all of the well-wishers....I weighed myself this morning and I was up 6 POUNDS from my pre-surgery weight..PLUS the stress-added 2 1/2 pounds, even before the surgery!! I still have three weeks, at least, of being trapped at home with the fridge!!...LOLOL...and CRY!!!<br> <br><br> NEW SUBJECT: For all of my sisters: If you are having the pain and burning around the incision, still, like I am....A HUGE HELP is this "three-paneled-abdomonal binder"!!! It's like holding the pillow against the site, but with NO HANDS, and all the time! It is AMAZING!!<br> <br> NEW:
I just want to thank EVERYONE for helping me through everything!! The little things that pop up, that I've experienced have not stressed me out, AT ALL, because everyone else seems to be having the same problems.<br> I hope all of my "Sisters" have a WONDERFUL, fairly pain-free, and tear-free New Year!!!<br>-J-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2007, 09:42 PM

Mary Kay,

You might want to check out books by Alex Kava..AWESOME...funny story is she first tried her books under her real name. Wasn't enought "sex & romance" so they denied, changed her name to Alex and it was published.

Great page turner! I have read everyone of her books.

Sue
Unread 12-30-2007, 03:14 AM

I have been actively viewing this Hyster Sister website and I think I should thank all of you who have given out your own stories. I have gained so much courage to face the operation and got peace of mind in my recovery.

I had a vaginal hysterectomy and oophorectomy (removal of the cervix, uterus and both ovaries through the vagina) on 12-11. There are no openings on my belly. I could go home the next day.

Since the operation I have experienced two intestinal spasms resulting in two bowel movements. A little bit about my history...I have been in constipation since I was 7 or 8 years old and the problem has never been solved....it has developed to a stage where if I do not take laxative I could not pass the bowel. Therefore I took these intestinal spasms as a blessing and I hope that the surgery has "waken up" my intestines.

I still have little pains on and off. I can tell the pain is not from the wound inside. It probably is the intestinal cramp. I have been doing a lot of walking but haven't returned to daily tai chi practice. The little discharge appears one day and disappears the next. I am feeling good. I think my surgeon has done a good task.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 03:37 AM

SO SORRY to hear about your anxiety. It did sound like an anxiety attack you had and thts understandable since you havent gotten the pathology report.Just tremember not to compare yourself with other people. because you are special and different than anyone else in the world. I worried until I got the reportbut when I did ,it was OK, my ovarys were also removed. there are other reasons for removing them other than cancer.. So think on positive thing. fortunatly, I got my results next day after surgery THINK POSITIVE HUGS HUGS HUGS
Unread 12-30-2007, 05:36 AM

Dear Dl4286;
I read your recent post and could relate to much of it. I too have suffered from problems with constipation for the past several years but not as early as yourself. What I learned from my surgeon before I had my operation was that my uterus was "tipped" opposite from most normal ones and that this fact, in addition to huge fibroids detected, caused my uterus/fibroid laden to "sit" and press on my lower back and bowel/intestinal area. The surgeon asked me immediately upon examination if I had problems with constipation! I said well "yes" but I just figured it was something I had to live with etc...and he told me that much of my problems were most likely related to my condition. Well, since the surgery, I have never "gone" so much in my entire life and with such regularity. It is amazing. I do have really bad gas pains still in advance of this but it is worth it due to the "results." I'm drinking 48 oz of water a day now per advice of the doctor and this, in addition to eating what I normally did before, and the operation have seemed to begin to free things up for me. I never imagined that my constipation problems would have been related to my uterus being tipped with fibroids but it seems like it really was and probably for many more years than I realised! Take care.
Unread 12-30-2007, 05:38 AM

Dear alafaday- thanks for your kind note--- I am getting ready for bed now and will try to dream about more positive things tonite. Tomorrow, I am calling to see if that darn pathology report is back yet, though. I shouldn't think the worse---it is my nature, unfortunately. Your note helped.
Unread 12-30-2007, 06:01 AM

Dear Tinylibrarian

The way I cope with the waiting is to try to put it out of my mind. I say to myself that worrying does nothing to help anyone. All it does is make me feel worse so why do it? I concentrate on the day I am having and recovering from the op. If I have bad news next week, I shall take it one appointment at a time. That is the way I coped with the MRI scans and colposcopy etc. before the op.

I hope you can find a way of coping too. WE WILL GET THROUGH THIS!

Best wishes

Percyvera
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:11 AM

Dear Tinylibrarian,
I have a GF who has had multiple rounds of cancer, none of which had affected her reproductive parts, my father had lung cancer,(deceased), and my 47 yrold sister had lung cancer, (deceased). In my experience with this, in the US, the docs usually tell you about cancer as soon as they find it!! They don't want to wait, they want to get moving on treatment ASAP! Even with my sister, who was Stage 4 when she was diagnosed. If I were you, I would try to take comfort in the fact that none of your Drs. have mentioned the C word, and keep pestering them until you have a satisfactory answer. Also, make sure you tell them why you're so upset with the first answer you received! (I would be too.) I hope you can get this resolved as quickly as possible. Stress is not conducive to a good recovery. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary Kay
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:15 AM

Firefighter89:
Thanks for the heads up on Alex Kava. Will try to find in my very rural library, or in Barnes&Noble next time I get up to Erie. Maybe we should start a new forum for book discussion? Hope you're doing well.

Mary Kay
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:45 AM

Well, I am not bleeding too much out of my incision anymore, that's a good thing, but now my mom, who stayed with me to help, caught my stomach flu! Yesterday, she woke up, and was so ill we called the ambulance, and now she is hospitalized with an electrolyte imbalance (she is 78 and a diabetic).

So now I am feeling really guilty about having my mom come and stay with me, and I am exhausted from my own ER trip Christmas Eve for bleeding, and for the 6 hrs I spent in the ER yesterday with Mom.

I just REALLY hope my bad luck ends soon. I need cheering up so bad! I wish the Lord would shower me with a blessing soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register