Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I hope so too. This surgery recovery is enough to deal with when all is going well. I can not imagine having extra trouble.
I will pray for throughout the day today.

God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 10:47 AM
lovemykitties

Hello "Sisters"
This is my 1st post. I had a TAH BSO on 12/14.

I thought I was doing pretty good but the past few days I feel really tired and this morning I noticed some very light vag. bleeding and some crampy pain in my tummy and back.

I am pretty sure I have been doing more than I should be. I DO NOT know how to "be good". Everyone keeps telling me how good I look for being 2 weeks post-op but I don't feel as good as everyone thinks and that is really hard.

In reading other posts I now know that I need to "knock it off". So, I am making myself this promise....I am going to take it much easier and so what if the kitchen floor is a disaster or the carpet needs swept... I will wait until someone can help do those things. I KNOW it is not worth taking steps backward in recovery...I need to keep going FORWARD.

I was diagnosed w/breast cancer 2/1/07 and have been through chemo/surgery/radiation THEN started having problems that sent me for ultrasounds and a CA 125 blood test. The findings prompted my gyne to send me to a colleague of hers a gyne oncologist who scheduled me for immediate TAH BSO - I had to have a transverse incision because of the malignancy possibility and some other issues w/my ovaries. Thankfully I just got my pathology reports back and everything was benign - for that I am so thankful.

Thanks for EVERYONE sharing their stories and information.
I feel blessed to have all "my sisters" right there with me.

Take care and I wish all a Happy HEALTHY New Year.
Unread 12-30-2007, 11:23 AM

Just some words of encouragement for everyone. God will not take us through anything that we can not handle. Our recovery time is our last step and we all including myself need to stay encouraged and look forward to 2008, remember 7 is the number of completion so we have 2 more days in 2007 and 2008 is just around the corner, and I know My God has a blessing in store for all of us.

Love Ya'll
Brenda XOXO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Great days ahead!

Hi Everyone,

I am recovering from a TAH I kept my ovaries. Tiggwifey thanks for the encourgaing words. I really need them today. I am trying to be positive because I know the best is yet to come.

Thanks to all my sisters!!
Unread 12-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Recovery seems slower than I thought

Hi There!

This is my first post!!!

WoW!!! I am so glad to have found this site!

I have been struggling some with various symptoms since my TAH on 12/14...I've had a range of problems from a foul smelling discharge, to heavy duty night sweats, to nightmares, to constipation, to swelly belly and difficulty finding a confortable position...Thought I was a real whiner and supersensitive until I found this site and discovered that all of these symptoms are normal and that I seem to be expecting too much too soon...It really is a one step forward 2 steps back kind of thing for me...and just 2 and a half weeks post-op, I thought I would have been feeling so much better...

I am encouraged by all the optimism and joy in the posts of sisters who had their surgeries about the same time I did...I don't quite feel so up. Rather, I am a bit depressed, sick of hurting, tired and OVER IT!!! I am hoping I will much more positive in the next post...Is there anyone else who sometimes feels as I do? Frustrated with the pain? Angry that the narcotics medication that works, also constipates me? Concerned that this sweating and associated bad body odor will lead to me smelling like a horse forever? Feeling constantly unclean despite showers and perfume?

Don't mean to be such a sad sack...but that's where I am on day 16 of my recovery...I am usually much more cheerful...I hope I will be by next post. I know that joining this group will be very helpful to me...

By the way, during the surgery, I also had a Burch procedure that is supposed to help me not urinate when I laugh or sneeze...Has anyone else had similar surgery?

Thanks for listening. It helps to write and know others will get what I am saying...Though I have a great support system, including a best friend who is a pelvic surgeon, (not my doc) it seems like no one really understands what I am experiencing, until now!!!
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:26 AM

LAdyDB- hang in there. When my DS was 17 he was in 2 car accidents, in which he was hurt. I was out on a back injury, and had lost my health insurance due to no income. We survived it all. Both these accidents the Dr's had said they didn't know if he'd live. He has, and gone on to be in 2 more accidents. (2 his fault, 2 not his fault.) It's just a lot right now, but like in a previous, God only gives you what you can handle, whether you think you can handle or not.
I'm so excited today! I am wearing a pair of my regular jeans!!!!! No more sweat pants, or scrub bottoms! YEAH!!!!
As for gas pains, WOW, they are still taking quite the bite out of me, especially before a BM. I have noticed I am more regular than before. My path report was ready 4 days post-op. I picked up a copy, and discovered that there were multiple types of cysts on both ovaries, and the uterus was huge. The cervix was irritated with mucus pockets, but everything was benign. The Dr did a bladder flap, so the urgency is no longer there like it was. I guess the uterus was affecting more than I realized. Even my back pain from the bulging discs has decreased significantly. I never realized how much pain I was in , until it's gone.
Today is a good day. Yesterday I was crying from boredom. I can only watch so many movies. I've read multiple books, cleaned out files, and done a lot of crafting projects. So many, I could hold a craft sale on my own. Guess what everybody gets for gifts this years too. DM even had me watch thismovie called Find John Christmas, on LMN, and that had me in tears too. About a firefighter, his family, christmas miracles etc. A tear jerker, as if any of our tears need jerking right now.
I figure there are going to be more good days coming, and less bad. The DH has been absolutely awesome. He understands my need to go-go-go, yet keeps me with in my limits. I get to drive this week. With DH retired, I haven't had to do much on my own. This is a true test of compatability though. We just got married in Sept, and now we get to spend 24/7 together. He's a very patient man. More than me. He's there with plenty of hugs, and reminders that I will be back at work, looking forward to time off, much sooner than I realize. Of course, he's right. WhenI was off for 6 months, I couldn't wait to get back. I was looking forward to the 6-8 weeks off, ang here I am, 2 weeks into this, and can't get back soon enough. I thinkit's more of the fact that I have to ask for thngs to be moved or lifted, when I'm so used to just doing it myself.
Any how. Ladies, enough of me rambling on. You all have a good New Year, and keep knowing that the Pampered Princess days will come to an end, and we will be back to our normal lives, living happily, hormonally balancedand pain-free forever.
Talk to you in 2008!!!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!
Kathy
Unread 12-31-2007, 08:42 AM

Tigersfan..I just read about the "smellies" that you describe, as I have been experiencing foul odor and a slight discharge also, but didn't suspect yeast. It just isn't like that. A post-op post said the smell is possibly from dissolving stitches. Makes sense to me.
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM
mistake

I am released to drive but I can not push a cart or carry over 5 lbs. That is kind of funny. We are going to a late christmas party tonight and I needed to get some last minute stuff. Everything is last minute these days since I could not do anything for 2 weeks. Anyway, DH took 2 yo DS to change the oil in our car so I decided to take 8 yo DS and 4 yo DD to Big Lots and DS could push the cart. My DS is very sweet and mature for a 8 yo but I forget how flighty they are and he kept leaving the cart with purse( that weighs more than 5 lbs) in it and walking off. And the 4 yo wanted to be carried and kept running off to look at toys. I was trying to be patient but boy was it difficult. I ended up pushing cart and putting bags in car. Now my lower ab hurts. I should not have attempted to go shopping with out adult help.
My son really did do a good job but in my frustration over my own limitations I ended up being too hard on him.

I need to take a nap but there is no time since we have to leave at 4pm. I am really sick of being so tired and in pain.

Does anyone else have a good deal of lower back pain?
I have still been take ibuprofen and using biofreeze on my back which does help. I think that I am over doing it.

Sorry to be so grouchy. I may be needing the HRT more than I think that I am.

Happy New Year and New You to all!!

Kinda
Unread 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM
Reply...

Hi Sisters, I've been quiet for quite a few days! I hear you all on the "crying thing" whether our ovaries are removed or not! Trying to get "adjusted" to my HRT has been the challenge for me, and I have just realized, that I need the 2 mg of Estradiol per day, and not cut it down to 1mg, as I have tried! The occasional crying, anxiety and insomnia is better on the full dose as prescribed!

As far as the lifting thing, I just do what I can or have to do, and I *have to lift the milk gallon* several times a day just in pouring it for my small children, let alone at the markets too! I have to lift the kids into the carseats, and I have to do certain things each day as a Mom, and Thank God, I am doing very well, and healing well! My biggest complaint would definately be the adjusting to HRT, the occasional mood swings or crying, and insomnia. It does not happen everyday, but occasionally, and usually when I am over-tired---it can almost feel like PMS all over again! Let's hope the 2mg dose of Estradiol works!

My appetite is still not back to normal, and I have lost some weight too, but I have this frequent nausea and upset with my stomach. No pain meds or Advil taken in quite a while, just nothing sounds good, or tastes good to me, since the surgery?!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year's Eve!
Unread 12-31-2007, 12:11 PM

Well I an 2 1/2 weeks post oop and noticed a buldge on the right side and went to my family dr------wala i have a hernia. I had x-rays done and now we wait for a bit and I may end up having to have surgery to repair it.

TO ALL OF MY HYSTERSISTERS DON'T DO ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HINDER HER RECOVERY. I DID NOT THINK THAT I DID BUT MUST HAVE.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register