Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-14-2007, 08:24 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I never knew how exciting a BM could be. My family just didn't understand how monumental it was. At least it is nice to know that others can really identify with it. Occasionally my belly feels so full of air, I could pop. I does not feel great when my bloated belly puts pressure on the incision.

Has anyone else had a problem with an irritating nagging cough? It is not fun. I try to splint but it only helps a small amount. I think it may be related to the intubation from the general anesthesia.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Finally home

Hi. Hope I'm posting this in the right place. Had my TAH on 12-12, at 7:30 am, got home today,12-14, at about 7pm. 21 staples, all removed before I came home, dr. wanted me to come back on Sun. to have them removed, but we're expecting 8-18 inches, yes, inches, of snow that day, so I said, no way am I going to be on the road!! Surgery went fine, everyone found out I wasn't kidding when I said I was a lightweight for drugs, second day pretty bad, we had small storm and all nurses who made it in extremly busy, pain meds a little late. Had bad car accident years ago, back injuries then, back gets funky now if immoble for too long, so that is an issue. Walking fine, passing gas fine, still no BM, but dr. not worried yet, haven't had much in the way of solid foods. It's time to take some meds now, and have a nap. Will post more later. Thanks for all the support you have given me!
Mary Kay
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:19 AM

I am still hanging in.

My fever has broke and finally below 100 as of yesterday. I am on a Z-Pack for antibotics and have a nasty chest cold. I have not eaten since Monday and know I have to eat but every time I try, I get this horrible cramping in my belly so I stop. I have been drinking as much as possible and will be having hubby get some Ensure to get some calories into me. I have also developed to most painful diarrhea and am hoping that stops soon. I have lost 13 lbs in since surgery and I am sure only a small percent was the uterus!
Even with these issues I still know this was the bst thing to do for me because the pain has only once been as bad as a period

Well, I will be back later for more updates.
Take care,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 08:46 AM

Hi everyone

comforting to see your posts. Had surgery Tues. pm and came home yesterday.

had a mixed time. very sick from post-op, but felt really good by the evening.was given spinal pain relief, and woke up with no pain at all.
next day, not so good, and when they got me out of bed I promptly passed out.

when I repeated same thing next day,they took blood and found I was anaemic. offered blood transfusion, but refused it, so now on iron tablets. also having anti-biotics for urinary infection.

none of which really has much to do with the op. which went well.

discussed option of keeping cervix on tues. am and decided to keep it.
fascinating chat with surgeon next day, when she described almost gleefully, removing very large uterus, and spending some time teaching someone how to seal off this and that..lol.

weighed myself when i got home because i feel lighter, and have lost about 3 lbs. have been eating and drinking since morning after op. food in hospital was good.

nurses etc. were lovely and had a really nice room mate till the last night, when a couple of very noisy ladies moved in, and one was very poorly-sick etc. so was glad to get out on friday- felt very vulnerable in case she was infectious(felt mean for feeling like that).

best thing was having my mobile with me, and keeping contact with my family-getting messages from friends. was talkng to my brother when i was taken down - no time to think..

when i stopped fainting, i started feeling stronger and now am walking okay.

still havent had bm, but they didnt seem worried in hospital, so am being patient-everything else is working, but going to the toilet feels very strange. feels like emptying a bag inside me, and feel sore then.

got a smiley face horizontal scar with a little crystal at either end,like a children's necklace - holding the running stitches in place. need to go to nurse on monday to get that removed.

just taking paracetemol for the pain, but know it if i leave it too long. figure i will keep topping up until im sure it's not going to hurt. think pain is the thing that wears me out..

feeling bright one minute and sleepy the next, so id better stop now before i push my luck

so good to hear from everyone

gentle hugs are good...
Unread 12-15-2007, 08:48 AM

ps laughing is not the best medicine - it hurts!!lol

had to send my sister out of the room, and cried when she made me giggle too much.
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Tea party at the Castle is OVER - Yippee!

Had TAHBSO 12/11. For some reason it was easier than the C-Section I had 17 years ago. My Doc said it was because he used a smaller incision. Took an ovary the size of a grapefruit out of me (doc gave me a picture). Could feel the difference right away. Did not use much of the morphine pump he gave me. Guess I have a higher tollerence for pain. He kept telling me to use if if I needed it but I only used it sparingly. Not going to take the vicodin since it only smarts getting up and down. I am pleased to say that my husband is waiting on me hand and foot and I will let him do that as much as possible. It kind of makes him feel better to be helping. HAVE TO TELL YOU _ THE FIRST SHOWER FELT GREAT! - Glad I did this and glad it is over. Since I am already post-menopausal I will not have to take meds. Over all Fear was my biggest enemy and this website help me through that. Told the doc he should recommend this website to anyone facing gyn surgery.
Unread 12-15-2007, 10:46 AM
Home

Had my TVH Thursday Dec 13th. Did fine, no packing, no problems. Had a Morphine PCA post op till am and my catheter out by the evening following surgery, home the next day.
Good to be on the "other side"! Good luck to all. DH is doing a great job! As well as DS's. Food being brought in from friends helps too.

Amy
Unread 12-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Had a rough time of it, TVH. Done on the 10th and went home late the 12th. Dr. accidentally nicked bladder , so came home with a catheter. No bm in hospital and due to feeling lousy for the past few weeks been on lots of pain meds , stool softeners . Glad I had some nursing back ground , but still had extremely rough time with first bm . Had a small blood clot ,and small amt of fresh blood afterward. Lots of water , stool softners , and rest . Road to recovery is getting better each day . Glad to hear we are all in the same boat .
Prayers are effective!!!
Unread 12-15-2007, 11:47 AM
home and doing well

had surgery on Wed. Dec 12. had a bout with nausea. and some pain but heavy pain meds made me dizzy. now taking extra strength tylenol the has been a great support for me when I was WAITING
Unread 12-15-2007, 12:48 PM
More at home...

Have to agree with Ellie, laughing not good right now, but it seems that everything make me giggle!?! What's up with that? Still no BM, but gas getting out ok. I wanted to let you all know, I gained 10lbs between surgery and coming home, how the blank-blank-blank did that happen? I know I've got some serious bloating going on, even down into my thighs, but does bloat weight that much? Not eating much, trying to stick to veggies and stuff for fiber, plenty of water, etc. Nurses told me the bloating, and thighs, was pretty normal, but I haven't heard or read about it yet. DH got home from work in absolutly foul mood, that's a big help. Already I am looking at how dirty my house is, got to stop that, but am getting bored with TV, and sleeping/napping. Pain almost non-existent, just the gas rolling around. Glad to hear everyone is home, and hope those with issues get them resolved quickly.
MK

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register