Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everybody.

I've been kept sane by kind friends who have taken me out for coffee, or walked with me in the park and tonight i get to go to a low key new years party...yeh.

I was going well until I got..of all things..an infection in my gum. So off to the dentist and yet another round of anti-biotics.

On the bright side, the pain over-shadowed any discomfort I was having..give me another hysterectomy any day!!lol.

Has anyone else felt panicky when they've been out and about? I had to go to the store to get my meds. and it was busy..I had to fight not to get all tearful, standing there in the middle of the shop - ahh!

A quite a random thing - I saw ex-priminister John Major at the pharmacy, life is very strange sometimes.lol(you probably dont remember him, he was the one before Tony Blair, but after Mrs. Thatcher).

Happy New Year, happy healing - listen to mvrk and take it easy
xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 02:11 PM

Hello Ladies, I was doing really well then about 3 days ago the right side of my gland in my throat started to hurt and now it is swollen. I'm exhausted and in full pelvic pain again. I cannot lift anything with out almost falling over and bawling. I'm a emotional basket case. I cry over everything. You would think I was a 2 yr. old ( No offense to any one) I have insomnia. I am so tired but cannot go to sleep. It is so weird. N-e ways Dr. called in some thing to help me sleep, I'm back on pain meds. No doing any thing for me!! Happy New Year Ladies!!!! I hope for all our sanitys we will all be happy, healthy, Pain free ladies in 2008!!!
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:42 PM

tigersfan and kinda,

Yes, I too have the foul odor and just about everything else you've described. I am very unhappy the past couple of days and I feel like I have PMS, but only worse and all I really want to do is cry, scream, etc. We all seem to be having the same problems.

Kinda,

I also have TERRIBLE lower back pain and left hip pain. Most of my swelly belly pain is on the left side, so maybe that has something to do with it. I cannot find a comfortable position at night and I might go back to the back only sleeping position, hoping it will help the hip pain. And the night sweats!! Oh my goodness, I mean I still have my ovaries, so they tell me, but sometimes I just wonder because having to change in the middle of the night is causing havoc with my laundry.

Okay. I've vented and I feel better now knowing I'm not alone.

Take care sisters and happy New Year to all.
Kel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM

short 573 Have you called your doc about the full pelvic pain? I read somewhere on this site that it seems like at 3 weeks ( which we are close to) that you can experience a regression when you just started thinking you were normal again( badly quoted but something like that). I just hate hearing that you are having so much pain. I would call doc just to be sure that is normal. I do not mean to scare you. Things can be going on inside that we are not aware of outside. Please take this as concern because that is how it is meant. I think that most of the time it is a matter of overdoing and not anything serious. Take care
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:57 PM

I had an umbilical hernia for years and did not even know it until I got pregnant for second time. I just had to watch what I lifted during pregnancy. Hernias can be serious but the docs also told me that if they are not causing you any problems and you will know if they are that they do not necessarily have to be fixed. I think it depends on the location and severity. I hope that makes you feel alittle better but I would definitely be careful with the lifting.

Happy New Year
Unread 12-31-2007, 02:58 PM

Hello everyone!

I had my 2 week+4day check-up today and I got an A+ on recovery. My doctor was very pleased that I was doing so well that I can go back to work anytime after 4 weeks~YEAH! Especially since I have a sit down job and don't lift anything heavier than 2 lbs. I have been dying of boredem and I know at work that we are really behind.

I thought that my DR would of gotten upset with me about all the activity that I have been doing but he wasn't. I was truthful in that I have been vaccuming, doing the dishes and doing laundry(I don't lift the baskets, my DH and DD's do that for me). He said just listen to your body and no heavy lifting until after 6 weeks.(DH has that count down started!!)

Happy New Year and recovery to all!!
Unread 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM

I had a big crying snarly spell today, but I am eating o.k., going to the bathroom o.k, and so far my incision seems to be o.k. I can do little loads of laundry, cook things as needed, etc. Just sort of creeping along, slow and steady like a turtle.

I sure need a brand New Year, this one has been and ABSOLUTE POOPER!
Unread 12-31-2007, 03:43 PM
New Year

Happy New Year to everyone! We may not know what the new year will bring--but we do know it won't be bringing anymore: gushing periods, leaks, pain, stains, "out of tampons, darn", cramps, bloated feeling, PMS, "these were my new pants!" periods that last ALL month, "sorry, I'm on my period and I can't do that", and worrying about what is wrong with my body?
Unread 12-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Dr. Visit today

I went to my 2 week check up and was told to sit down some where and relax. My belly is still very swollen and the internal stiches have not dissolved yet because I wont sit down. Also my ovaries need a jump start so she perscribed me the Estradiol patch that I need to change weekly and hopefully this will end my night sweats. I am going to church tonight and after that I guess I will sit down and relax.

I hope everyone has a blessed New Year.
Unread 12-31-2007, 06:25 PM

I am wishing all of you a HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!

Does anyone know how long the discharge keeps coming after a LSH? It has been 2weeks 3 days and I thought I could be rid of sanitary pads for good by now!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register