Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 32 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantho
Hi tinylibrarian (I love your username)! Sorry to make you cringe, and thanks for the well wishes. The doc did say that gas was a possibility, but the main deciding factor (to go to the ER) was that I was having a really sharp pain when I breathed deeply. All it took was one lookup for Pulmonary Embolism and my fiance insisted on going. I'm glad I did, but I'm even more glad that I trusted myself to listen to doctor's recommendation even though I didn't want to. I probably wouldn't have done that a few years ago, but my experiences with doctors have all been bad (I've been called a "sedentary female" when complaining about cramps bad enough to make me pass out) up till the last few years.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better, the chest pain is gone and the only thing left over is a little bit of pain when breathing deeply. I'll deal with being on blood thinners knowing why the blood clot happened (apparently it was related to the internal bleeding after surgery).

Hope you are doing well and have an even better new year. I just keep reminding myself of why I had the surgery and how much better my quality of life will be once I'm fully healed!
Hey everyone!..This is my first post in this thread!..I want to reply to XANTHO and TINYLIBRARIAN....Wow!..I am feeling so good right now and I'm afraid things are going TOO well...2 and a half weeks out!..woo hoo..getting spoiled here at home,but going INSANE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Just need to vent...anyone want to listen?

My DH has been less than supportive through all this and yesterday just kinda put me over the top.

He doesn't say it, but I know he thinks I'm being a baby about my recovery. My teenage DD was complaining about dinner yeasterday and I commented that he probably just needed a break from doing all the kitchen duties. My two teenage DD haven't been helping at all around the house, mainly because he doesn't think it's their job. Instead he harbors resentment that I'm not pitching in!

I spoke with him about a couple issues and his comment was that "I was overdoing it"..not in doing too much, but in overdoing taking it easy!!!

I generally don't let on about how selfish I feel he sometimes is, but I feel like exploding! He isn't the most stable man emotionally. I try to be a good wife and just do what I should and not complain...is it too much to ask for a few weeks of pampering??

He really hasn't pampered me at all unless I ask, even the first week after surgery. I guess I need to whine and complain more and not look so good!

Sorry for dumping. I guess I shouldn't have watched "Waitress" last night either...not the best timing for a movie that disses men!

Thanx to all my sisters for your support. This has been a wonderful refuge for me of people who understand exactly what I'm going through.
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:12 AM

Love2savemoney- I am soooo sorry to here that you aren't getting the pampering you need. What does he think was done to you?? A few sutures??? It's major surgery. Did your Dr get a chance to explain to him just what was done?? My DH has been fabulous. I'm 2 1/2 weeks post-op, and got yelled at for trying to wash a few plates, just to see if I could tolerate it. I've done a lot of sitting stuffs, but even that gets boring. There is only so much you can do. DH and I shared cooking one day, and I can tidy some, but he has to vaccum, and do all the lifting over 10 pounds. I'm sorry about the DD's not helping either. How are they going to learn to take care of themselves if they don't start now???
Just take things carefully, especially with the emotions, on both your parts. I think I can safely speak for the other Ladies here, that this is a safe place for you to vent. We are here for you.
One day a t a time, you'll move along soon enough. Just keep in touch with us, and your Dr.
Happy New Year to all !
Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 07:51 AM

Love2savemoney - I'm also sorry to hear you aren't being treated well by your DH. My fiance has been wonderful during this time, definitely more than I had hoped (though its frustrating at times for me to ask for something, as I said before I'm stubborn).
It really sounds like you need to seriously talk with him, as sportsterskato said, its no small surgery and your body needs time to heal so you don't hurt yourself worse. And your DD complaining about helping out, thats just wrong. In my experience, this sort of thing will fester unless brought out into the open. Do you have any type of family talk structure set up? Thats what my mother did when I was a teenager and something happened that needed talking about; get the whole family together and discuss it so at least everyone was on the same page and voiced their grievances out loud.
Just my two cents, hope things get better for you and your recovery goes well during this new year!
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disha73
Hey everyone!..This is my first post in this thread!..I want to reply to XANTHO and TINYLIBRARIAN....Wow!..I am feeling so good right now and I'm afraid things are going TOO well...2 and a half weeks out!..woo hoo..getting spoiled here at home,but going INSANE!
Hurray! I'm glad to hear you are doing so well disha73, and getting pampered as you ought to. I'm bored to tears myself, though at least I have games to play when I'm able to stay at the computer long enough. Its nice to hear others are recovering as planned, showing my experiences aren't the norm.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:26 AM
Hello Sisters

Hi sisters,
I hope all of you are recovering well. I am doing good and the DR. was amazed at my 2 week check up. I do seem to be doing too much with the holidays and all, I am up and moving one day and need to rest the next. It is true what the checkpoints say so I have been trying to pay attention.

I get to go up to Big Bear (snow) with my family for an overnight trip, YEAH I get to get out of the house! I am stir crazy! but try to remember that all this rest is good for me, besides when will we ever get this much time to rest again?

I had a TAH and I haven't bled since I left the hospital, it sounds like everyone else is just stopping now. Anyone else experience this and is it normal? I am not complaining since I had my period (heavy day) the day of my surgery but I am curious to know if I am the only one.

Happy New Year! God Bless and be good to you!
Rocky Cat
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:31 AM
GraceHL

Hi Ladies! Happy New Year!

Now it is three weeks since surgery and after having guests all weekend for the New Year - I was really hurting by the time they left at 5:00 p.m. last evening! I had really been doing pretty well up until then - but by the time they left, I was exhausted and hurting. So - as soon as they left, I grabbed my swelly-belly band, took some drugs and chilled out!

Anyone else have the swelly-belly band? It's great! Sure helps me feel better!

Three more weeks left until my Doc sees me to clear me to go back to work. It sounds like such a long time from now. Last night I dreamed that I was back at work. How sick is that? Before surgery, all you can think is how nice it will be to have some time off of work - and then two/three weeks out - you can't wait to go back! Nuts!

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who has the "weepy's." Just sitting here reading everyone's entries has got me crying! I'm just praying for all of you to feel better and that we get through all this and feel and be healthier than we have been.

Just know that I really am thinking and praying for all of you! Take care of yourselves!
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Ah to never bleed again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfthrower
Happy New Year to everyone! We may not know what the new year will bring--but we do know it won't be bringing anymore: gushing periods, leaks, pain, stains, "out of tampons, darn", cramps, bloated feeling, PMS, "these were my new pants!" periods that last ALL month, "sorry, I'm on my period and I can't do that", and worrying about what is wrong with my body?
Starfthrower,
I can't even imagion how wonderful this year will be without my period, praise God there is a solution to all our suffering!
Let's celebrate our new freedom!

God Bless! Rocky Cat
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:50 AM

Hi everyone
just read my 3-4 week recovery email from HS and found it really useful.

some ladies have been mentioning spotting , and an odour, and that confirmed the dissolving stitches idea. Apparently internal stitiches start dissolving from 3-4 weeks, and may show up as spotting. I was a little concerned that I had started again, just pink when I go to the toilet, and the email confirmed it as normal.

a little reassurance goes a long way doesn't it?

Love2 save - wondering whether reading that email to your family might be helpful?

It certainly gave me a wake up call..talking about adhesions and long term problems, it's just not acceptable to be taking risks with your health..

My saviour was a rather bossy, but much loved, older sister who took my sons in hand. I don't have a DH. so I've been very dependent on my children, and my friends.

We had a wobble when I'd been home for a few days, and was downstairs walking around - they had an argument, and I burst into tears..they saw how vulnerable I was, and apologised - they've been fine since.

Hoping that everyone is taking notice of the slowly, slowly approach..

I have 6 weeks before I go back to work, and everyone else is starting to go back - anyone got any suggestions on how not to lose the plot at home alone..lol

x
Unread 01-02-2008, 09:09 AM

Well, here it is, the 3wk mark. I've been feeling pretty good, trying to remember not to do anything for too long, (sit, stand, walk, etc.), and, like almost everyone else, I'm out of what was left of my tiny little mind with boredom. Had to walk my DS to the busstop this A.M., not far, but plenty cold (12), with ice. We had about 6" snow yesterday, so I had traction, but wore my husband's heavy biballs over my pj's to stay warm. Wow! That wore me out! Dumb things weigh like 8 or 9lbs, plus the walking, it's amazing what full clothing can do to me now! I must vent about my DH also. He is sooo falling down on the job! The house is an absolute disaster, even though I can do the vacuuming every other day, if the dishes get washed, it's me, if dinner gets cooked, it's me. But to hear him talk to other people, he's like, "Oh, it was a major surgery, she'll be off the whole 6wks, she needs that, she has a lot of healing to do yet." And when I talk to him, especially about the housework, he says when it gets bad enough, he'll do it! In my opinion, when the dang blank blank dust bunnies are gnawing on your ankles, it's bad enough! I know I'm a little(?) OCD on the housecleaning, but it's making me crazier to have to look at it. I'm almost at the point of seeing how far I can get on my credit cards. Jamacia? Alaska? To bad Tylenol can't help with this! Thanks for letting me vent. Hope all of you are looking forward to the new year.

Mary Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register