Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 33 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hello everyone! Some of your notes make me laugh, like Mary Kay's with the dust bunnies knawing at the ankes...and then cry, like those of you with insensitive significant others.... Does it help to let you know that I can relate? We live all over the world, but sometimes human nature transcends the geo boundaries.

Regarding recovery---I can now "rest" my mind cuz my pathology report showed zero cancer but much more extensive endo than originally suspected. I have had a headache for three weeks worrying about possible cancer of the ovaries---now I need to go and worry about something else.

Regarding spotting--spoke to my surgeon directly over the phone yesterday. He said what all of you have said--after 2 weeks the stitches inside heal and I could be spotting pink till week 6 or so and that it has nothing to do with "over-doing it"--I can also , if I feel like it do light ab work to strengthen the muscle area and he reminded me of "no sex" at all! That's okay because I think I have totally lost any semblance of sex drive lately...hmmm---do you guys think it will ever come back? I sure hope so.

Regarding significant others that may be insensitive--my husband has been home for three weeks with me--originally it was because he was going to "help" me---well, he has really just used the time to garden, catch up on emails, etc. and has vacuumed only "once." i too, like all of you, hate a dirty house and although I can dust etc, I cannot vacuum...and the dust bunnies do pile up fast when you can watch them right? Anyways, same as some of you, he tells me to take it easy but it is beginning to sound like a recording someone put in his brain that comes out without any meaning... I told him "don't retire in the near future....I think I'd strangle you within the week...please go back to work....like yesterday!!!!" Ha Ha! But seriously...

And, other women, that have not had a hysterectomy or have gone thru or entered meno gradually don't get it either...the operation is so "common" that people and other women somehow seem to think it is just a routine piece of cake , which we all now know that this is so far from the truth!!! So, many are wondering why I am not back at work yet??????? I have just told everyone that my doctor (love to use him as my excuse) said that the operation is such a major one it requires a full six week recovery and more and that even after six weeks, I may not be up to 100% so I will need to take it easy even after I return etc...........

Boredom--guess what? I have perfected my knitting skills greatly- have knitted two scarves with more to go....I've read three books, and walk twice a day---and do those light ab moves...also have rented some good weepy chick dvds and watched them...and of course, keeping in touch with all of you!!!! Thanks for all of your support---your emails and notes have kept me human these past three weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 02:45 PM

This is a reply to everyone...1st, to Rockycat..I haven't had any bleeding either..I keep looking(haaa..like Im missing out on something).but nothing...I will be 3 weeks out on Saturday..woooo!...I have a DH who is absolutely fabulous!..brings me breakfast, lunch and dinner..cleans house, does laundry, keeps my DS's and DD out while I snooze from time to time..he wont even let me FOLD laundry...I have to beg to walk around the house(haaaaa)I could get used to this..ha haaaaaaaa!..My main complaint is at night...I have not found a comfortable position as of yet!..pillow btwn the legs...pillow up against my belly..arg!!!...and my swelly belly isn't too bad..I got a tummy tuck with my hysterectomy so the majority of my swelly belly is the upper belly, just below my ribs...has anyone else had a tummy tuck with their hysterectomy? ..and O My Goodies!..The tears are free flowing...mixed with anger and irritation!..My Ipod stopped working and I swore it was my DS's fault..and I sent him to his room and then I cried like a baby...OVER AN IPOD!?!?...puuuhhlleeeaaaase!....feel like I need some "different meds"..ya know?!?!?...all right..I'm done!..haaaaaaaaaa
Unread 01-02-2008, 02:56 PM

I have been reading everyone's posting trying to catch up, and since me last Dr's appointment I can't do anything because she told me to sit down some where. As far as my DH his has been great he took off the full 1st 2weeks and now he is back at work but I can tell that he misses me cooking because the DS and DD complain about his food. So I am going to cook today. As far as my emotions I didn't have anything at all when I first came home. When I went to my post op she put me on the patch and now I get real angry then I cry so my emotions are all over the place right now. I swear this get only get better I can't imagine it getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM

Rocky Cat, I too haven't bleed since hospital release on day three. I also had a TAH and an A&P repair. I was wondering the same thing, but no complaints here either!! I also started the day before my surgery. Since we are in week three now, are you experiencing any cramping or signs of ovulation? I have been soooo cold, and I was never cold before. In fact, the opposite was true and I was taking Prozac to regulate my temp. Went off it on a whim right after surgery.
Unread 01-02-2008, 04:38 PM

Sportsterskato and Xantho..thanx for the support and kind words. I cut and pasted some things from the week 3-4 recovery pages and gave it to DH to read. He said, Not necessary..I get your point. I said, No, there's info I want you to read. He finally did. As far as DDs, this has been an ongoing battle in parenting between us. Nothing new, just can't get my point across. You are so right about feeling safe to vent hear. I'm glad you are willing to listen. God bless! May 2008 be a great year for all!
Unread 01-02-2008, 05:05 PM

Tinylibrarian, thank you so much for saying I made you laugh! You have no idea how good that makes me feel! After I wrote that bit about the dust bunnies gnawing my ankles, I could look at them and visualize teeth, and I started laughing too. There may(?) be hope for me yet. Thanks for the 'tea and sympathy'.

Love2save, I have had a TAH/kept ovaries also, and while I haven't had any cramping, I sure have had my full dose of PMS. Can't say if it's any better or worse than usual, since everybody had gotten quite used to ignoring me during that week anyway. Headaches are the same, though.

Again, to everyone, thanks for this being a place to vent, cry, and cheer for each other.

Tinylibrarian, I almost forgot! I'm so glad you got such good news on your pathology report! Hip-hip-hooray!!!!

Mary Kay
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky cat
I had a TAH and I haven't bled since I left the hospital, it sounds like everyone else is just stopping now. Anyone else experience this and is it normal? I am not complaining since I had my period (heavy day) the day of my surgery but I am curious to know if I am the only one.

Happy New Year! God Bless and be good to you!
Rocky Cat
I never bled at ALL, but I did keep my ovaries and cervix. That may be why.

I'm doing well...did steps about 6-8 times today and even started a load of laundry!!...LOLOL
DH came home at lunch to transfer it to the dryer and my DD's brought the dry ones to my bed for me to fold. (They've got this "Pamper Mom" thing down pretty well.)
I feel fairly useles though, because aside from some soreness on the right of my incision, I feel pretty good.
I haven't even been able to sleep during the day, since about my 4th day home. I don't even fall asleep until about 2AM....weird, huh?? (THAT's with 2 advil and 2 tylenol PM's)

***For any sisters who AREN"T getting pampered....show the DH's most of these thread replies!! Maybe THEN they'll get the idea.***

If you HAVE to, find a live hysterectomy operation on the internet and make them watch THAT to see what was done to your body. (Graphic, but probably pretty effective.)

** I need some website help, gals....I used to get all of the new replies to this thread, all day long, but they stopped about 2 days ago. What did I do? I looked forward to all of your messages!!**
Unread 01-02-2008, 07:54 PM

TINYLIBRARIAN!! MAZEL TOV on your GREAT NEWS!!! (Congrats) We were waiting with you, of course!! (Could you feel us holding your hand?)
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:19 PM

Hi Rocky cat- I had a TAH as well and haven't had bleeding since I left the hospital either, since the 2nd day after surgery (though I had internal bleeding the day after, but that's another story heh). I'm rather grateful for this, since I had reaaaaally heavy periods beforehand.
Unread 01-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Men....."can we talk"?

Yes, I agree, that our men have a different standard of "clean" as far as the housework, than we do as women! I also have heard the quote "when it gets bad enough, I'll clean it" from my DH as well! I am amazed at what men's standard of clean, truly is!

Can we "talk"...........(as Joan Rivers used to say!), are your men also driving you nuts also over the lack of sex lately?! It's been 3 weeks, and you would "think" it's been 3 months for him, or more! How are you all handling this situation at home? He is understanding, and knows it will NOT be until the 6 week mark, but it is an issue that I wondered if you all are experiencing as well at home?!

I'm still having that knawing, burning, nauseous, can't eat normally feeling, 3 weeks post-op. Hoping this gets better. Other than having to lift and carry the babies into their carseats, and groceries too, my recovery is going pretty well now! ..... Oh ya, and having to ward-off my Husband too! haha! )

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register