Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:15 AM
post of report

Dear Hystersisters,

I just got back from the doctors and I can start back doing everything again. No more boredom. I will start back next week part time and then back to full time after that. I am neurvous but excited. I just need to remember to listen to my body for I do not get over worked. My husband has been great through this ordeal. I had my TVH with right ovary removed with a bladder tape on 12/10/07. Just remember we all can get through this.

wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

I said "to hell with it all" and went and got a new haircut today. I don't know if I like the haircut or not, but I feel better about having done SOMETHING. Hey, if you can't vacuum, go sit in the chair in the salon!
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Not sleeping!

Hi Sisters,

I am so glad you are all out there to listen and support. I am having the worst time sleeping at night this past week. I take a little nap during the day. But at night it's 2 or 3 a.m. before I can fall asleep. Also, the night sweats are driving me crazy is anyone else having this problem I kept my ovaries but I really think I'm going into menopause. I am very anxious and nervous along with the not sleeping. I go for my 4 week checkup next so I guess DD will be able to help.

So glad everyone is doing well!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2008, 12:24 PM

GraceHL, I laughed so hard at your comment that DH almost passed out at the sight of the picture!!

I watched a hysterectomy online last night out of curiousity...not sure that was a good thing, but I was curious. At first, I thought I would puke. Then I was curious about how things were removed etc, and got up the guts to watch. Wow. I also checked out a rectocele repair, as I had one of those too. I have a new appreciation for this rest thing and it's purpose.

If hubby gets out of line again, I may sit him down to watch. lol
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:26 PM

love2savemoney---where/what website do you go to if you want to watch an operation like ours done? I had a TLH and am a bit curious to see where all of my internal stitches are! Is there a special site to "watch" this being done?
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Someone else from this board sent me to a site called live o r.com Type in the type of surgery in the search. There is a good one on THL. The doc was really good. Explained a lot about why this or that is done/not done, etc.
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:31 PM

All you girls with the DH's are making this single girl glad she is single right now! If I had a husband, bugging me for attention right now, I'd probably pop him in the head with a frying pan. I mean, DUDE, back up off my grill, my guts were taken out!

Which probably explains why I am still single! Girls, I'm in your corner as a backup, hold your ground!
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:33 PM

tinylibrarian, If your surgery was done with a cauterizing tool, you probably don't have many stitches. This was surprising to me. I had a TAH. The part about removing the uterus may make you squemish, at least it did me. Only watch if you're really ready to know. Good luck.
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:34 PM

jgtalk..thanx for the laugh...i needed it!
Unread 01-03-2008, 12:44 PM

jgtalk---very funny! when I was in a nasty mood the other day I told my DH, "look--how would you like to be snorfledoodled? That is basically what they do when they take a female's ovaries out...in addition to the other bits..how do you think you'd feel about that??????????????" Well, that has kept him humbled for the week....Then I said, "so sex isn't exactly first up on the menu for me right now, get it? He did and things are better. HA HA! Although admittedly, I am getting a little "scared" about how I am going to feel when the event does come around!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register