Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 38 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Ellie, please go for a 'gentle stroll around the park'! What I would give to feel a bit 'teenagery' again! Everybody is spot on to tell you to go.

I feel rather redundant mentioning my aches, pains, twinges and noises, (I scared the dog, for gosh sakes!), but can relate to most other posts about those things. I guess an awful lot of this stuff is pretty normal for most us sisters.

I can't begin to tell you all how mentally comforting it is to log on, read the posts, and know that I am not alone in any situation. Sanity just may return.

Glad to hear so many doing so well. Best wishes and lots of love to all of you.

Mary Kay

Unread 01-04-2008, 04:40 PM

After getting home yesterday, I realized that I forgot to tell me doctor about the gas pains, painful BMs, hotflashes, and not sleeping; so I called him today and he is putting me on estradiol for a month and then gas-x and colace as needed. I was very concerned after he did the silver nitrate cautirize (mispelled) yesterday, I was bleeding more so know he wants to follow up again in 2 weeks.

I did a lot today after he said that I am released from everything and I am exhausted. I have to learn to still take it easy.

I am a little concerned because the week I start back full time, I also start my college classes back up. YIKES!!

Have a great weekend.

wendy
Unread 01-04-2008, 05:12 PM

I had my vaginal hyst, cystocele, rectocele and bladder tie up with mesh also on Dec 10 and went home late Tuesday. Almost four weeks now and would like to know how you are doing now. I ended up with a bladder infection the first week, then a yeast infection last week...still can't stand for longer than 20 minutes before I feel lots of pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy712
Hello, I had my vaginal hysterectomy, right ovary and falliopian tube removed and a TVT (bladder tie up with a mesh tape) done on Monday December 10th and doing great. I got to come home on Tuesday late afternoon. I am bored out of my mind. I do take my pain meds every 4-6 hours. It is getting easier to get up out of bed, couch and chair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 06:05 PM

Dear Stanglvr
I too had night and day sweats that lasted for almost 11/2 weeks....I called my doctor but he couldn't explain it but said it would go away. Thank God it did. I would definitely call your DR though because yours has gone on so long.

I had a LSH but kept my ovaries.
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2singandsew
I had my vaginal hyst, cystocele, rectocele and bladder tie up with mesh also on Dec 10 and went home late Tuesday. Almost four weeks now and would like to know how you are doing now. I ended up with a bladder infection the first week, then a yeast infection last week...still can't stand for longer than 20 minutes before I feel lots of pressure.
love2singandsew- I got a bladder infection, constipation and a stomach virus one week after surgery and I was miserable. Everything has gone well. I still have gas pains. I have been having night sweats and insonmia so the doctor put me on estradiol today for 1 month. I have to go back in 2 weeks to see him. I get sore after standing for a long period of time.

I have overdone it today and I am very sore. It may take you a little longer because you had a few more things done.

When do you go back to the doctor?

Take care,

Wendy
Unread 01-04-2008, 06:54 PM

[color=Blue]
I am so glad I have all of you to share this stuff with.... Thanks sooooo much. I had a TSH on Dec.14th but kept both ovaries. The first week was hard because of the terrible gas pains and I also ran a fever of 101-102 that my doctor couldn't explian. After that first week we drove 3 hours to VT for Christmas to spend with my family. I was worried about being able to do it all but it went fine. 9 days after my surgery I went and did a little shopping with my mom....couldn't walk around too much without getting tired and I sure was tired at the end of each day. All in all we had a great Xmas and I was feeling much stronger by post op day 11 . I returned to work as a dental hygienist on day 13 was tired but came home and went to bed. By day 17 I am pretty much back to my routine. I cook, clean my house , vaccuum etcc...but I do find that every evening I still get tired and my belly feels achy !! I had my first post op checkup today and DR removed some stitches that were coming from my incisions. Any one else have these?? They felt like little wires poking out of my incisions. DR removed these and said they would have dissolved on their own. I am having trouble imagining these "fishing lines " would have dissolved on their own. I am still bleeding....I'll call it bleeding because it is red and I have to still wear a pad....it's not much blood but I want this to stop!!!
DR said it shoul stop by week 4. any one else having this?
Did your DR do an internal exam at your Week 2 or 3 postop? Mine didn't ...just checked my incisions and talked.

Happy New Year to you all and GOD Bless!!!!
Unread 01-04-2008, 07:37 PM

I to have trouble sleeping, will be awake for hours at a time. I even have the hot flashes. After my tah i was given a shot of estro that my doc said would last 4 wks and then i will go and discuss hrt. My hernia is going away. it was a very small one and it was made worse because i was constipated, so after some prune juice and gas-x i am better and the hernia is shrinking.

Does anyone elses lower back ache? Not bad but just ache, dull. And does anyone else have a problem with indigestion after eating anything? I will ask doc about that also.

I can relate to bordem. I am there. I'm hoping to go back to work next week starting w/ half days and working my way back to full. My boss had a baby (by c-section) 2 days before my tah so she is recovering also.

I really am glad to have found this site. The info from all the sisters has helped a great deal and i know that i am not alone.

good luck to all and HAPPY HEALING
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:02 PM

I have a steady low back ache also. I think it was from hunching forward the first few weeks. I tried not to, but my husband pointed it out. Now I take a moment to correct my posture before I begin to walk. It is starting to feel better. I can still only walk short distances before I tire and my back really hurts.
Unread 01-04-2008, 09:06 PM

Your back will also hurt from a lot of bedrest. When I injured my back 4 years ago, that was one of the things I learned. Once I started using good posture, and was able to start low-impact core strengthening, I felt much better. Walking is a great exercise for the core. -
Unread 01-05-2008, 12:14 AM
I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtalk
Hello,

I am about three weeks out, and I guess I must be going through the "dissovling stiches thing." I am getting weird pains (like, is that the vaginal cut hurting, the uterus cut hurting, or, not be gross, but a fart being born?). When I get up, I feel a little light-headed too. I talked with my doc's PA (he is out of town for eternity), and she said this was all part of the normal inflammatory process, which amps up when the stiches start to dissovle.

I couldn't sleep last night for love or money, and the gas keeps forming like a pot of simmering stew. I am really glad I am single while I have that, as I would divorce myself otherwise. Does anybody else have this still? I have a inflammatory disorder, and I wonder if maybe this is all tied in with my "other" condition.
Jgtalk,
I am going through the same thing, werid sharp pains, burning inside, light-headed, insomia and GAS, GAS, GAS!
I wondered if it was normal but now I am not worried, thanks for your post!
I can't believe some of our sisters are back at work! I don't think I'm ready!
Happy healing
Rocky Cat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register