Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-04-2008, 11:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hello ladies!
This is my first post on here. I have read all post and want to tell you I have never cried, laughed, almost peed pants, and had so much fun as I have reading all your post.
I have to say Thank You to all of you because you have answered so many questions for me.
I had a DaVinci Hysterectomy. The doctor took everything but cervix out and I have never felt better. I have had all the pains and rough places all you have had but sure beats the pain I had before surgery.
Keep posting and beating on the men. They deserve it sometimes just to keep them in line lol.
Debbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
You GO Sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie 64
Hi everyone
just reading the posts on this thread is entertaining. think laughing is good exercise for tattered stomach muscles- now they are a bit stronger.

I can't believe you're back at work already Star..I'm a primary teacher, and have been told 8 weeks minimum, and preferably 12.

I think my recovery has been pretty smooth compared to many, but the though of going back into the fray is a bit scary to say the least.
I hope you continue to stay well..

jg, I'm with you on the single thing...I feel a bit guilty laughing at all the posts on the sex issue.although I do have a lovely ex-partner, whom I call my Ian fairy, because he comes round and washes up etc...hoping he'll turn up and get rid of the Christmas tree today..lol.

On the serious side, it was one of the things that most concerned me, sex drive and all that..might sound a bit shallow in the midst of all this, but it did.

I've actually been asked on a date this weekend, and despite telling him that a gentle stroll around the park is about all I can manage, he's still interested. Not sure what to do, and feel a bit teenagery about it.

I'm still in sweat bottoms and trainers, and not really myself..I might just burst into tears on him, randomly, or need to sit down like an 80 year old. On the other hand if he likes me like this, he will have passed the nice guy test, don't you think? Certainly taking my mind off my swollen belly.lol

Must be feeling better if I'm contemplating this. Are you allowed to go on a date, if you're signed off work..lol. Come on ladies, have a vote - who would go, and who would be sensible and wait?

Meanwhile back in the real world..so pleased to hear your good news TinyL- are you a Brit in Australia?

Love to all
x
I am sitting here watching "MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING" and I say go for it!
Why not go on a date, I would and it sounds fun!
Why be sensible besides you'll have to wait and get to know him before~you know
Do something crazy I know your going crazy just staying home and I bet you look sexy in your sweats!
Good luck and keep us updated!
Rocky Cat
Unread 01-05-2008, 12:47 AM
not bleeding

Hi sisters,
Thank you Disha, love2save, Jaiyce, Math teacher and Brooke Parker for responding to my post about not having any more bleeding after leaving the hosp. I haven't talked to the Dr. but now I know I am not the only one.
I have been having some cramping and PMS chocolate cravings so I guess the one ovary is working. Although I still have some insomia and get hot at night but maybe it's the heater.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your experience. It seems like most people just don't understand what we have been through or are going through and it is such a blessing to have you all and this site to turn to.

I guess I am not sad anymore that I am single!
It sounds like I am better off! Hugs to all the sisters with significant others !

Sweet dreams!
Rocky Cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2008, 01:01 AM

Okay...here I am, wide awake at 1am, dripping in sweat and I want choclate----Do you think I am hormonal...LOL
Unread 01-05-2008, 06:27 AM

Rockycat
I think it really depends what kind of hysterectomy you had as to why some of us sisters are already back to work.....I had a LSH (laprascopically done) so my belly doesn't have a long incision. I have 4 one to 2 1/2 inch incisions. Thus it is much easier for sisters like me to heal. My heart goes out to all of you who had a TAH...YOU ARE SO TOUGH! Hang in there all of you and do remember how you are getting better every day . It is a process.
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:09 AM

I go to the Dr. on 1/10 for an internal, I think. I am so afraid that I overdid it around the holidays. I cantor at my church and was quite busy over the Christmas and New Years weekends...wore heels and had to stand more than I wanted to. Did quite a bit of holiday "entertaining" with our children and grandchildren. Tried not to do too much, but you know how that goes when family and food are involved!!! My husband and I were also rearended 12 days after surgery. Ours was the middle car in a 3-car crash. I was taken to ER by ambulance, but after waiting 4 hours for an ER Dr., I called my surgeon (we were an hour away from home), and after asking several questions, he told me to go home and call him if I had any more bleeding. I didn't, so I think we were just rattled quite badly. $8,000 damage to our 9-day old Impala!!! I've been trying to take it more easy since then. I just wonder if this feeling like everything is falling out when I stand is normal.....I think I will feel much better when my Dr. gives me the "everything looks good" next week! I'm supposed to fly to see my daughter on 1/17 and hope I'll be able to make the trip. So nice to share this with someone who is going through the same thing! Thanks, Wendy!
Linda
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:26 AM
reply to love2singandsew

Wow, you have been through a lot. You are right to think you need to be resting. I took it very easy through the holidays and would feel "pressure" if I stood too long or overdid it. I am now able to sit (A&P repair) a computer, etc whenever I want w/o discomfort. My energy level is just now getting back to normal as well. I haven't felt like things are falling out though, other than previously mentioned pressure.

Rest.
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:35 AM

Maybe pressure is a better word. I'm also using Mycolog for the yeast infection, so maybe it's dealing with the combination of the discharge and pressure that "feels foreign." I'm getting very good sleep...9-10 hours a night......so I'm not feeling tired through the day. Went for small errands last two days.....bank and 5 minute trip to grocery store. Will be cantoring today at Mass, but will definitely wear flat shoes! When did you have the A&P repair?
Unread 01-05-2008, 07:59 AM
reply to love2singandsew

I had the TAH and the A&P repair 12-10-07. My nurse tried to be positive and say that I was getting two surgeries for the price of one. I was scheduled to have vaginal hyst, but after looking at notes for lap done 7-2000, Dr commented that I had a lot of dense scar tissue between bladder and uterus. He didn't want to damage bladder, so he decided to do the TAH
He said after surgery he was glad he did. I needed the A&P probably more than the TAH at the moment, but am glad to be done with all of that. It was inevitable.
Unread 01-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Went to the Website

Just looked at the website - WOW no wonder I was sore in the gut. I used to say I felt like someone took an eggbeater to my insides. After watching one of these webcasts I now know THEY DID!

For those of you looking for the website www.or-live.com/
and type in the surgery you are looking for. Have to answer 4 questions first for survey.

My DH started to watch and I told him - "Now you know why I was hurting" and he just left and took a shower!

Went back to work forfor 3 hours yesterday. I noticed that i could not sit too long in the desk chair. I also told my boss what I will do and won't do - She was just glad i came back for the start of the Winter Semester.

To the lady who went to Big Bear - I think we live close! I live in So Cal too! I ame enjoying the rain today!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register