Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 47 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-08-2008, 05:04 AM
you DESERVE your recovery time

Dear Tinylibrarian!

DON'T LISTEN TO THESE PEOPLE!!!! We all know that when doctors say the "standard" time for recuperation is around X weeks, some will heal faster and some will heal slower! None of our operations were exactly the same, so even comparing yourself to the other sisters on this forum is often tricky.
O.K. there are some sisters who have gone back or are planning to go back to work, but I think most of us are still recovering and having their ups-and-downs with it!
Take the time you need and don't let yourself be pressured into doing something which might endanger your speedy recovery!

If you had your little nap, go for a good stroll with the dog, buy yourself a big bunch of flowers or better still: ask your DH to buy you one and while he is there, let him fix your favourite food (I think you can guess what is my favrourite) and pamper yourself!

CrispyDuck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Ooh...and by the way Tinylibrarian (and Kathy too) thanks for the tip on the excercises, will start them today

CrispyDuck
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:46 AM

thanks for cheering me up everyone..I was feeling really fed-up yesterday, and a bit tearful (not been like that since week2), then though maybe this is PMT - sigh...then read your messages and felt much better...

Was still awake at 2.30am and almost came on here. stayed in bed to rest. Trouble is my mind is racing, but my body isn't cooperating..lol

TL - good advice from CrispyDuck - don't let them bully you! I simply don't understand the contrasting advice everyone is receiving.

I tried to bring my post-op. appointment forward yesterday, and got a lecture from the receptionist about going back too soon - and she told me to stay off for 12 weeks, at least!!..should have told her about HS so she could pass on her good advice!

I'm also lucky that I work with women, who are all very empathetic..but I only made provisions for my class until mid-feb. and can't imagine having to prepare for more - easier to go back and do it myself..

Going back to comments made about feeling unappreciated..lack of consideration from work mates.. I remember feeling upset by my 2 best friends, who I didn't see for 2 weeks after surgery. Turned out that they were letting my family do there bit, and since they left, my friends have taken over and have been great - taking me out etc. I feel quite bad for feeling neglected, but put it down to shakey emotions..

Bank baby - sounds like you have a virus - hope you called someone to check?

btw tiny..I'm also still spotting (I'm definitely losing stitches). I wasn't wearing pads all the time, but just getting spotting, like you, on the toilet paper. Now I have to wear them again. Also still getting twinges in my ab.- no pattern or reason that I can see - just healing pains - I hope!lol.
This might be TMI, but I can tell where the spotting is coming from because I'm still on iron tablets for anaemia, so any bm is black! yuck.

Thought I'd just share that with you..lol.

One small victory..got back in my jeans yesterday, back in dressing gown by 5, but little steps..

have a good day everyone
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 07:30 AM

Hey Tinylibrarian,

As my boss aptly puts it "ignore that noise."

I personally am sick of people saying "you should be up and going by now." Etc. Like, HELLO, everyone's body is NOT the same.

My doctor told me yesterday that the reason I swell more is because I am thin, that if I were heavier, I'd be doing better. So now I'm getting blamed for not being fat, from a doctor. WHATEVER. At that point, the scientist in me (did research for 20 yrs) said "This guy is full of it"

Just have a switch in your head that you flip to "OFF" when they tell you this stupid stuff.
Unread 01-08-2008, 07:57 AM

Dear Crispy Duck,

Your advice to tinylibrarian is right on!

I am continually hearing from women who had various forms of hysterectomies long ago who say one thing...."I wish I would have taken it easier during recuperation to give myself the time to heal properly." I wish I would have listened to this advice the first couple weeks and not tried to push myself during the holidays....but I've been much better knowing my limits these last two weeks.

As women who are constantly "there" for everyone else, we deserve this time for ourselves.....so take it if you can!

Sincerely,
Unread 01-08-2008, 08:29 AM

jg -you make me laugh so much.

You do need a c- - - detector when you speak to professionals ( I should know I'm a teacher!).

Reminded me of the comments from my consultant just before I went down to theatre, when I was still trying to decide whether to keep my cervix or not.. about some surgeons thinking an SAH was not a PROPER operation, and that's why they take it all and do a TAH. That's a great reason for taking out MY cervix..am still bemused by some of the random conversations I have had with doctors..

It comes down to trusting your own judgement in the end..and listening to your body..

x
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Xantho thank you for the words of encouragement. I sure hope this pain and fatigue go away soon. I want to enjoy my time off work more not much left.
Debbie
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:36 PM

They say there is a reason for everything. Perhaps there is a reason for my hysterectomy afterall.

I had made arrangments to have my car insurance payments automatically deducted from my checking account.

I found out today that the insurance agent forgot to do this! So, my car insurance lapsed for several weeks.

Perhaps I was meant to have my hysterectomy now so I wouldn't drive my car....

Or maybe I have been home too long, am extremely digusted and bored, and started think up ridiculous theories of why this is such a good thing!
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:36 PM

Dear Fellow Sisters- thank you for the advice and cheer. I am going to totally rest today, screen my calls, watch dvds all day long that I have been "saving" up, tool around on the web, and walk my dogs and actually play with them for a change! I will screen out the "noise" as you suggest and maybe knit "one more" scarf for my family that lives in NE USA! At least I feel like "someone" (you guys) can listen without judging. Peace and thanks!
Unread 01-08-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bank babe
Anyone feeling like crap still? Last night I got so sick I started dry heaving and then passed out. I don't know what it is, whether it is a virus or just me trying to recover. I feel like I have done a million sit ups today. I also am having BAD headaches, is anyone else like this? It's like I am walking with drunk goggles on, and someone is pounding on my head. UHHHH!!!! Will this recovery ever happen???
babe bank- I felt like that 1 week post-op. I went to the doctor and I had a UTI, stomach bug and I was constipated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register