Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

jgtalk - I've always liked riduculous theories. My DH calls it 'fuzzy logic' when I do it. I think it's just a way to validate things. It works, if anything, for the chuckle you get when you come up with such creative answers and ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM

I had a bad flu recently that made me sick like you Bank Babe. There is something like that going around. I had a flu shot too, and this STUFF, whatever it was was nasty! I had really bad chills with it too.
Unread 01-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Need Help!

Sisters -

You have to "talk me down"!

I have been able to check my e-mails from work on-line just so that when I go back I wouldn't go back to thousands of e-mails. I'm seriously not doing any work - just checking it out and keeping my e-mails in check.

The gal who works with me has been doing double-duty. She not only works part-time in my Dept. but also another - so now she is responsible for both positions. She is an extremely hard worker and has not made any noises about being overwhelmed.

Yesterday I wrote her a quick e-mail to just help me sign up for a class that I will need to attend when I return, and she wrote me back saying she just couldn't do it - she just had too much going on.

NOW I FEEL SO HORRIBLE. I want to sneak into work tomorrow and help her out! This is killing me knowing how overworked that poor woman is and I can do nothing to help her!!!! I've been crying and wringing my hands all day. I literally feel sick to my stomach.

I KNOW it's not my fault and there is nothing I should feel guilty about - but I do anyway.

Help! Again - "talk me down"!!!!

-GraceHL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:07 PM

GraceHL: Reasons GraceHL Should Not Go To Work Early

1. Remember Week 3-4 blahs.
2. Your plants will miss you.
3. We will miss you!
4. The planets are not aligned right...
5. One day "their" turn will come & you will be there for them.
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
reply to Grace and my update from 4 week check from DR

Grace, Don't do it! As hard as it is, you need to be 100%! Give yourself the time to recoup! As harsh as it may sound, work will go on without you. It's not your fault that she is overworked, it's the company, manager, owner, etc for not having enough help or planning properly. This is your time!

Send your coworker a nice bouquet of flowers, candy, a card or something to let her know she is appreciated! It will help with the guilt and perk up her day!

My update...Visited my DR for the first time since surgery today...it seems they all do these visits differently time-wise. He told me I had adenamyosis and that my uterus was 2-3 times larger than normal!! That was what was causing my extreme menorhaghia. Otherwise, a clean bill of health.

He told me no lifting more than 20#s for a few more weeks and no sex for 2+ more weeks due to my A&P repair. After the internal exam, I'm not in any hurry. It made me a little sore.

My energy is finally returning to a somewhat normal state. I still am sleeping more than usually, but there is hope. My gas is almost gone, but I have to say, I've gotten so used to being at home, when I am out, I forget my manners with the belching. The family has gotten used to me. lol I stopped at Target on my way home and hit the 90% Holiday clearance. That gave me a nice perk up!

Hang in there ladies, it's all down-hill from here! 2008 is going to be a great year!!
Unread 01-08-2008, 04:29 PM

Grace, this is not your fault, so don't accept responsibility for it. Your manager (boss) is the one who needs to address this problem, not you. As much as you feel for your co-worker, it is not your responsbility. Also, if she is overworked, then she needs to step up and tell the boss she needs extra help.

I agree with Love2savemoney. Buy her some flowers or something, but don't go in. Also, it might be a liability for your worksite if you go in without prior clearance from your doc, and that could get you into trouble.
Unread 01-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Thank You!

I really appreciate the words of wisdom, Sisters. And jgtalk - you are right - I know there is a liability if I go back to work w/o a written authorization from my Doc.

I LOVE your idea, love2savemoney, about the flowers. I am definitely going to do that. I am so glad to hear about your clean bill of health - and your comments about the gas had me laughing - thanks!!!

Sisters, I promise not to go back to work until I get my Doctor's approval. Flowers it is.

Hard to believe it will be 4 weeks post-op tomorrow. Some days it feels like yesterday and other days like months ago.

Take care everyone!
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Panyt Girdle

Ladies,
Found the greatest thing since slided bread. I have been relying on my binder quite a bit when I needed to do things. Helped with the waking and holding my stomach still. Went and bought a panty with a "Tummy Flatener". Was less bulky than the binder. WOW! What a difference! Felt like almost normal (notice the almost). Gave me energy, got out, walked (a bit) and was generally happier.

The only thing was is you need to be careful not to over do it. this got me through my first day back to work (4 hours), a memorial service and routine lite house work over the last 2 days. I JUST WANT TO FEEL NORMAL AGAIN SOON!
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:16 AM

GraceHL - Send her flowers now or take her out to lunch whe you go back- She needs to be appreciated and you need not feel bad - just the way things are - someone is out - the boss assigns others to fill in. You have done this in the past for someone else I am sure. It is now your turn to be looked out for.
Unread 01-09-2008, 12:35 PM

I have a question.... I know I complained at the start because Icould not go to the bathroom but that got under control and has been fine since week 1. But now I am noticing that I can not finish a meal because after about 3 bites of food the gas pain starts and it is real bad. In about 30 mins I have to go the bathroom and it all comes back out. I mean even when I eat candy I experience this. Is this normal? Should I call the Dr.? I am to the point where I am scared to eat. I have no other signs of the flu or anything like that I actually am feeling pretty good. The going back to work bug is hitting me because I am bored out my mind and my staff is emailing 90 going north but they are not talking to me about work, I just miss them and I feel like I could go back to work part time. But I am not going to push it I have my 6 week on the 23rd and I will ask the Doc then if I could go back part time for 2 weeks then full time after that.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register