Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 51 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

For anyone worrying about getting back to work early....read the thread,

'Is it just me? pain after going back to work'...for a bit of a reality check..

..and will now stop trying to compare myself to others. Also, my post-op appointment has now been brought forward from March 3rd, to Jan 28th..so I feel a little more in control.If there are any problems, at least I'll have time to address them before considering work.

never read a thread about the boob situation, but to add my bit..I'm still 10lbs lighter before the op..and I'm not a big girl anyway, so mine are definitely smaller - is there any end to our humiliation? Surely there must be some perks along this journey?

some unkind person suggested that I could have them done at the same time..probably save some money..

having been through this, I can't imagine choosing surgery for cosmetic reasons..

MK, one of my worries pre-op was that I wouldnt get my shape back, hard work to come..and sometimes I want to jump up and down, bounce on the bed, or just run round the park...probably screaming as I go..

x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 09:07 AM
4 Weeks Post-Op

Hard to believe it's been 4 weeks! Glad, though!

To the Sister whose boobs grew - great! But if mine decide to grow bigger - I don't know what I'll do. I'm a 38-DD as it is! I'm hoping in the coming months to minimize the boobage (by diet and exercise!).

I also am a tummy sleeper - so it has been killing me not to be able to sleep on my tummy! I have started using a pillow, as suggested, and have found I am able to sleep on my left side pretty well. Still - I do wake up quite a bit still during the night. Hate it!

BTW - I did NOT go into work. I WILL NOT go into work until my Doctor's clearance. Thanks again to everyone who sent their words of wisdom. I even cried it out with my DH who was amazingly(!!) understanding.

Speaking of crying - I'm still an emotional mess. I think I'm crying more this past week than ever before. I need to carry around a box of kleenex! Yowsa!

Bulldoggrl - loved your comment about our abs...and yes, it is now very obvious how much we do use our abs! Why, o why, do we have to even exercise them at all?!!!

Take care everyone & have a good day today!
Unread 01-10-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie 64
For anyone worrying about getting back to work early....read the thread,

'Is it just me? pain after going back to work'...for a bit of a reality check..

....mmmmh...doesn't sound encouraging....I was actually planning on going half days back coming Monday (I work full time for an American company, so work is a rat race....)

Well, I will just try and back out the moment I feel bad.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2008, 11:35 AM
Week 5 Update

It is hard to believe it has been nearly 5 weeks since surgery. This morning I woke up & stretched and then realized my tummy felt like pre-surgery...actually better no cramps like before!!! It is still tender to touch in spots. I still have insomnia , but will try to take others advice & not fret about it! Occasionally I have gas twinges and burp contantly, much to my DH amusement!! I am taking down my Christmas decorations today (no heavy lifting). Monday, we plan to go to the city & walk through one of our favorite areas...it has lots of cafes to stop & rest.

I plan to go back to work on the 21st. I am a nanny to 2 little children...Yes I am the oldest nanny I know...I usually get giggles when I say my job! My retired DH is coming with me for the first week to see how it goes. This should be interesting?

I have started some exercise other than walking. I am doing the pelvic tilt ones & holding my tummy in when I think of it...it did burn the first day or so, but is fine now. I returned to my TOPS weight group & was relieved to have the same weight as pre-surgery. I had lost 10 lbs after surgery then ate way too much over Christmas. (Supreme tummy distress).

Best wishes to all my Hystersisters. Thank you for all the advise & sharing your stories. I will continue to report in occasionally and check in weekly to see how everyone is. to all. Linda
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Went back to work

I went back to work this week. I work part time at a community college. We just started the Winter Session so I am only working 10 hrs/week now (ggod planning on my part).

HOWEVER: Monday only worked 3 hours - did OK. Wednesday worked 4 hours quite busy and went home and wanted to kick myself as I was exhausted and sore (panty girdle really helped though). Tonight I am going in for 3 hours and I am hoping it is not busy.

I am not working much and I am pretty strong - but PLEASE DO NOT OVER DO IT! - you will pay the price. If you have an option to stay our longer do it - better to be bored than sorry!
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:43 PM
No Running

Ellie64, I would not suggest a run around the park maybe a fast walk but the screaming that sounds really cool. I have my post-op tomorrow for my 4 wk checkup and I am a little nervous about the exam. I will keep you ladies up to date.

I swear some of you are so funny. It's great just reading your post.

DJ
Unread 01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Check up

I think I should be conserned. All you ladies are seeing your Docs on a regular basis. I went for a 10 day check up (TAH/BSO) and he examined the VC and said that it was healed - asked if I was having any problems, I said no, not now. He said he would see me in 6 months unless I had a problem - is that rountine????

I just started the murky brown discharge (called - he said it is normal) and now some dry stuff is coming out with the discharge (probably stickes - I hope?) Didn't know my body could leak such inteseting stuff - GROSS!
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:18 PM

I had an SAH (kept ovaries) on December 13, but will see my Gyn only in 2 weeks time (Jan25) for the very FIRST time (and probably/hopefully the last) since my stay in hospital, so I think, like all the different recommendations we are getting, it is very Doctor dependent. Surprises me in a way, since it is such a "common" surgery, you would expect some best practices which are shared! Seeing the world too simple, I guess!
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:19 PM

lol, it is pretty gross..LadyDB, I am still concerned about not having any sort of check-up. had 3 minutes with a nurse for stitch removal, and havent spoken to or seen anyone since - as I say above I now have a 6 week appointment..thank goodness for this site , that's all I can say. I would say my post-op care, advice and care has been non-existent..mmn, and this is the only place I've found answers.

thanks to all...xx
Unread 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM

LadyDB: I saw my surgeon at 2 weeks & he said the same thing. He just poked my tummy & check the incision and said, No problems, see you in 6 months. Please call if you are worried about something. I assumed it was because I had not experienced complications, did not require HRT, & had stopped bleeding.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register