Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

It's been great reading everyone's stories & progress during the recovery phase. It's reassuring to me that what I am feeling & experiencing is all part of the "normal" healing process.
I had my postop visit yesterday & no longer have to follow-up with the surgeon unless I am having a problem. He gave me a copy of my surgical & pathology reports & advised me with the exception of "no sex yet, " I can return to regular activities, including exercise - which makes me a little nervous. I return to work next week & am glad I will not need additional time off as I never told anyone at work I was having surgery. (I was off for holiday break)
I am glad it's over .. & although my recovery was uncomplicated, it was worse than I anticipated (even though it was all laproscopic!) I didn't think it would take so long to start feeling better ... now I'm just afraid of doing anything to jeopardize my now weakened pelvic support ... does anybody feel this way? I am very active; spinning, running, & weight training is my stress-relief.
The only other comment I'd like to make & again, I am interested if others have had this experience - I finally felt "validated" when I read my pathology report (there was a reason for my symptoms), but also felt angry & irritated that it (endometrosis) was never diagnosed earlier. I am 43 & have always had annual gyne exams/visits. I have always reported heavy periods, constant bleeding between menses, pelvic pain/pressure, etc & have even gone through countless infertility treatments (with a diagnosis of unexplained infertilty) & no one ever mentioned endometriosis to me ..... not until I went for a second opinion re: surgery. As soon as the surgeon did a rectal-vaginal exam, he told me I had "extensive disease" & he was right on the target. Quite frustrating!! Now I just need to find yet another gyne as the dr who did my surgery only does surgery!
Here's to a Healthy 2008!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 07:49 PM

SClighthouse don't be to discouraged about not getting diagnosis. I was almost 30 and had laproscopy surgery to find out why I was having problems. That was 18 years ago. I have had 3 laproscopy surgeries between then and now for this condition. I guess some doctors just don't realize what they see. I hope that all goes well for you and that returning to work goes good also.
Love and hugs (gently)
Debbie
Unread 01-11-2008, 07:57 PM

Thanks Debbie for your response ... you have been through alot. Medicine is just so frustrating at times (& I even work in the field!) I hope you are feeling better & are on the road to recovery as well!
Best wishes to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-11-2008, 08:18 PM

same old story for me too STILL SPOTTING. my Dr. says it is normal and may last for three or four weeks more. I am SO tired of pads. I have the same discharge. Pink and sometimes none at all and I get happy and thimnk itwill stop but then it comes back.but the Dr. does not seem to be worried about it. So join the pad club ladies !!!!!!
Unread 01-11-2008, 10:13 PM

Great news for jgtalk....be kind to yourself its been hard....And kinda...I feel for you about the thought of not having more children...I went through that after a couple of miscarraiges....its hard and its hard to wrap your mind around that thought...Delight in your children and know that you people all over the world thinking of you and praying for you.
Unread 01-12-2008, 05:29 AM

I've found myself logging on less to the site and also have noticed the posts are down, quantity wise. I'm hoping this is a good sign that everyone out there is feeling a bit more energetic this week.

I know I've felt a lot more like my self this week. My energy is finally returning. Yay!! Went to brunch with a friend Thurs, then off to the clearance sales at Kohl's for new tops (was down to three). I found it so freeing to just look for clothes that I like and not have to worry if they were dark enough to hide accidents at that time of the month. I feel like a new woman!! I didn't realize what a tremendous burden my periods put on every aspect of my life prior to the surgery. Anyone else feeling that way?

Just so you all don't feel bad if you're not up to par yet, I finished the day with the grocery (got help loading car), then went home and collapsed. My belly was hurting after Kohls, but I was feeling obligated to go to the grocery for the family after my spree at Kohl's. To think I used to run twice as many errands in a day. No wonder my family expects so much from me! I AM supermom!! lol
Unread 01-12-2008, 06:54 AM

Alafaday-
I too am still spotting....Dr said it could take 4 weeks+. UGH!! It has been getting better the last 3 days though so I hope the end is in site. I only have to wear a panty liner now YAY! WHere is all the gunk coming from??? Healing still? I kept my cervix and I keep praying I won't have the "mini" periods some people have decribed. My DR said he "cauterizes" the cervical tissue so hopefully that won't happen. Hope your bleeding ends soon!!! HUGS
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:19 AM

To everyone who has been agnoy. I too know about mis-diagnosis. Years ago my dr told me I had fibroids and that they were small and we would watch them. They did not bother me at the time so every year I would get tem checked. Then when my husband was transfered overseas
(he is in the military) I saw a dr there on base in 2004 and they did a transvaginal ultrasound and said everything is fine you don't have any problems. Then in October 2007
(we moved back in 05) I saw my family dr and she read the results from 04 and said you have fibroids. I was like WHAT
She ordered another transvaginal ultrasound and it showed
multiple fibroids, cyst on left ovary and possible adneomyosis, After tah on 12-13-07 it was found that i indeed had multi fibroids, cyst on not only left but also right ovary and definitly adenomyosis.

I am now 4 wk post-op and looking forward to work. I have check up on Monday to discuss HRT (I got a 4 wk shot after surgery) and to see if I can return to work. I am going stir crazy here. Tired of soap operas and re-runs.

Good Luck to all and Happy Healing Hystersisters!!!!!!!!!
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy Dates Dec 10-Dec 17, 2007

love2savemoney - I too am noticing that the amount of posts is going down. I agree - I hope that is a good sign that we are getting better.

Today a group of my women family members will be celebrating my oldest daughter's 21'st B-day. I am so looking forward to this. I was hoping when we scheduled this party that I would be feeling better 4 weeks postop - and I am doing GREAT today! I rested up yesterday, just so I would hopefully have more energy today - and I do (at this time anyway!!).

I had a TAH that took all of my women parts out - so I hope this encourages any of those who check out this website - that it is possible to be feeling good one month after visiting the castle after a TAH! (And I'm no spring chicken - going on 47 in April!)

I even "almost" slept comfortably on BOTH sides last night (w/o a pillow). That's improvement for me! I'm so looking forward to sleeping on my tummy again.

jgtalk - so happy for your news! Congratulations!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Unread 01-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Great Day

I am not spring chicken either - think I am an "Old Goose" - 57. I had a TAH/BSO on 12/11.

I too wonder why no one saw the size of the cyst I had 7.7 cm! I asked the docitor if he felt it during my well woman exam and he said no. They way I found mine was an MRI to schedule a hip replacment! So now that I am healded, I have to figure when to do the hip replacment - Nothing like knowing you have to have two major surgieries in one year!

I have been having good days latetly. Made sure to go out someplace every day for at least 1 hour. Today I was out most of the day and had a friend over for dinner - I cooked - everyone else cleaned. I love to work those deals and it is amazing what you can get when you ask. (especially at work)

Yes - still spotting and I am bummed out that one of your docs said this could last a while. Just noticed as soon as i bought some pads (been 5 years! didn't even know what isle they were on anymore) that it is starting to lighten up!

Glad to hear the good news on pathology reports from everyone! My pathology report just confirmed my docs decision to "clean house" instead of just going conservative and removing an ovary. I would have had more problems down the road and since I am facing a hip replacement this year - didn't need anything else to complicate the matter - wish they had a site like this for hip replacement - THIS SITE ROCKS!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register