Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 56 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hurray for those who are feeling better, and *HUGS* to those who are still under the weather. We all heal differently, its so nice to have this site to share ideas and problems and support.

I've been having some crying spells and frustration and extreme moodiness which is annoying the heck outa me... I'm also bipolar so that probably has something to do with it, but I've been stable on my meds for a while now. *sigh* Also still have the swelly belly and sharp pains on either side of my abdomen. Doctor says that that will continue for a while yet (ugh).

I had such a strong pang of resonance for ellie 64's line "and sometimes I want to jump up and down, bounce on the bed, or just run round the park...probably screaming as I go"! I SO want to do that! I'm normally active, though a bit overweight, and its SO frustrating to be cooped up and also not be able to do things I normally do and yet have the energy to do them! Ah well, I suppose I will get over this soon enough, I just have to be patient.

Hey alafaday, my libido is also heightened, and it was already occasionally annoying in the first place. My 6 week checkup is Jan 30th and I wish it was sooner!
Just an interesting note, when I talked to my surgeon for the pre-op appointment I specifically asked if I could masturbate (sorry if this is TMI for some) and he said it was fine as long as it didn't hurt and Nothing entered the vagina. Maybe this will help some (might at least be something to ask the doc if you feel comfortable doing so)?

I'm so happy, I got to go back to work yesterday! I actually asked to go back to work part time at the beginning of this week, but since I had told the office I wouldn't be back till the 14th they said no for budgetary reasons. But they had a big issue on Friday and needed help since the other senior people were out, so I got to go back! I worked a full 8 hours and felt pretty good when I got home, though I was a bit tired. Just had to share, I love my work and am glad I'm still needed.

to everyone! You all rock, thank you all for sharing and for your support. I don't know how I could have gotten this far without all this information (probably gone nuts hehe).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 07:11 PM
its been fun

hey girls, I have had time to read the posts but not reply. My brother took me out for sushi wed night (umm) then thur I took my wonderful friends that were angels to me through this out for mexican dinner complete with margarita (umm Umm)then to 31 flavors for dessert omg belly really really hurt but only from eating way to much lol. Then last night my angels and brother and his fiance and I did the corona with lime,bbq (ordered from down the street, no cooking)dessert and old home movies!!!today I can't move but boy was it worth it!!! Did any of us believe we would improve last week. love to all
Unread 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM

Jgtalk- I think that I am with you with the slow recovery. Having had 4 previous surgeries that I felt great after 2 weeks I am really discouraged that this recovery is going soooo slowly. I really wanted to be back to normal by now.
Also, I wanted to tell you that surgery prompts an inflammation reaction from the body too. Along with your inflammation problems you are probably miserable. I have chronic inflammation and I think it is contributing to my slow recovery. You probably already know that there are things you can do to help with the inflammation.

Gettingaway- I am so sorry to hear of your previous miscarriages.

To all that are feeling better I am so thrilled for your success in this journey.
I deal with a slight OCD, "supermom" issue and I think that maybe God is trying to tell me to slow down and be more patient with everyone including myself. I am trying that. It is hard having DH tell me to take a nap and LET him take care of kids and house. That is my job and I feel guilty that he is working so hard. I am lucky to have him. I told him the other night that he should go on a golf trip in the spring. His mouth dropped to the floor. He has not even attempted one since third child was born.

He started planning it the very next day with some buddies. He deserves the time away to do something he loves just for him.

God bless all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM

jgtalk: Congrats on your good news!

lovetosavemoney: I will meet you all back here on May 10 (My 6 m.
also)

It is so good to be past the worst days...worry..surgery...gas pains..

My treat to myself...next week I am going to buy all new underwear!!Yeh!!

All the best my HysterSisters.
Unread 01-12-2008, 11:19 PM

Hi ladies;
Jg---I also am swelling more this past week than in week 2 or so and ironically I met a woman today that is a vet and she had a hysterectomy in April and she said that I should have stayed on the anti-inflammatory drugs they put me on as this will reduce the swelling (here it is called nurophen but it is basically ibuprophen). She also said that leaking is due to the swelling and that I am over doing it and to not do anything at all next week!

Yes, I have to admit, shyly of course, that I have now woken up twice with an orgasm too in my half sleep state--which is really bizarre and my libido is pretty great too! I hope it lasts!

DH is getting antsy but I have to tell you that my entire body feels different--my hair has lost its lustre, my breasts are really saggy (when I had my ovaries the estrogen kept them looking much more bouncy---boo hoo--), and my skin feels much drier too. I'm not on estrogen but an estrogen like drug which obviously doesn't counter the above.

I have one more week and a few days until my six week check and return to work and I am hoping I stop spotting by then!!!!
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:10 AM

Hello to all. I am going to attempt to go back to work tomorrow, housekeeping and personal attendant for a lovely 90yrs young lady. I think I'll be okay, I KNOW I need to get out of the house more. I have started getting the bills, and have already caught the hospital trying to bill me twice for my pre-op EKG. Have to get that fixed tomorrow. Good grief, I guess I'll have to ask for and itemized bill. Ahh, billing issues. I have noticed much more swelling in the lower abs this past week, none to speak of in the upper area, hardly any discharge at all anymore, but, not a sign of internal stitches dissolving and leaving my body. Had to take my 2 dogs to the vet yesterday, a 69lb Lab, and a hyper 21lb border collie. My DS went with me, but I still ended up getting strained, the lab was on the exam table for 20 minutes, and didn't like it, kept trying to get down/fall off. Came home, cleaned out poop from car, (I was SO unhappy about that!), cleaned up the dogs, myself, finally passed out around 2:30, slept until 5:30, then went to bed at midnight and slept until 8:30! I have noticed that while I don't need naps every day, I can sure sleep 12 hours at night, I normally fall asleep in recliner around 8pm!, and go through until 7am. Needless to say, my schedule is shot to pieces! Hope all of you have a nice, new, upcoming week. Will let you know how work goes.
To all of you with longer times at home, you're lucky, I think, to be able to do it right.

Mary Kay
Unread 01-13-2008, 07:24 AM
Question?

I have not had this increase in libido, but I have heard that it is fairly common post-hyst. Not sure if it is a hormone adjustment our bodies are going through, or our bodies are just "feeling better" after having rid our painful uterus and/or ovaries and cervix too,~ or have our men just been SO much better to us since the surgery, and have we had more rest since the surgery, or is it like the "forbidden fruit", where when we can't have something, do we want it even more?! haha.......I'll have to think on this one!

No, Bulldog, I do not sleep so well like you described. I have difficulty "falling asleep" at night, and continue to wake up every night with insomnia at 3am. I am VERY busy all day long, go, go, go, plus full care of my 4 month old Baby and my 3 year old too, with never, ever having a single nap throughout my entire recovery. We are all so different!

Tiny, what kind of Estragen type drug are you on? Have any of you ladies found an effective Natural Hormone that you'd like to share? I am still searching for a Natural Hormone that can make me feel as good as the Estradiol, and when I find it, I will of coarse share this with you all.

Love and (((hugs))),
Unread 01-13-2008, 12:11 PM

BrookeParker---the hormone-like substance I am on is called tibolone but goes by the brand name of livial. Not sure where you live but some of the sisters said it was not available in the USA. I live in Sydney and it is commonly used as an estrogen like replacement in Europe and Australia. It is not estrogen but a "estrogen like" and is supposed to be for those that have sensitivity to some of the negative effects of estrogen like lumpy breasts or cysts. It is also good to ward off osteoporosis or mitigate it and supposedly is mood enhancing as well. I have found that it definitely has not affected or aggravated my breast tissue. I used to have painful lumpy breasts pre period and go up a cup size because of it. Now, it is the opposite. My breasts have zero tenderness but have also gone pretty droopy too. Droopy is preferred as the pain from lumpy breasts was pretty bad. Also, the livial may be contributing to my increased libido and feeling of well being as well. It took about two weeks to kick in for me once I started taking it. Anyways, many other women I know or have met recently are on it and swear by it. Hope this helps!
Unread 01-13-2008, 12:36 PM

Hello, again, Sisters!!
I have a major worry:
My only post-op checkup, aside from the three-day-after staple removal, is next Thursday, at 5 weeks.
I had full access to calling his nurse, any day, with a fairly immediate call-back, so THAT is not my worry.
I'm afraid of the check-up!!
I am SUCH a WIMP, but if he tries to make his inside & outside hands meet, like at the old check-ups, but with my stiched belly in between.....AUGH!!
That scares me!!
I can barely touch my belly and can't fathom having it pushed on, hard, from both sides.
The nurse didn't think it would be an internal check-up, but it seems that the sisers hint towards it being that way.
Can anyone tell me if they know for sure??
I seem to be improving, daily, until the end of the day, when I swell up and get really sore, but an exam like that doesn't seem like it will help.

Sorry for the descriptions, but I really need to know this, please.

Thank GOODNESS I get to strengthen my ab muscles by laughing my tushy off at some of your messages!!

THEY MAKE MY DAY!!
Keep 'em coming, ladies!!

J
Unread 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Thank you!

Thank you TinyLibrarian for the info! Yes, I am in the US, so I cannot get the tibolone! I do worry about long term use of the HRT Estrogen, in the form of Estradiol (and many others to choose from), and the risk of breast cancer, etc, so I am always on the 'look out' for something 'natural' to take. I am so glad you are feeling well on yours, and I feel really good too, considering!

Thank you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register