Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenayogini
I definitely am more swollen by the end of the day. .........

I having some little pains today too - especially on that right side. ...............
I absolutely recognize this! Last Friday I felt like I was recently run over by a truck! and Sunday wasn't a great day either, but today.....I'm feeling fine, so I will try a half day in the office.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 10:00 AM

So last week I worked 6 days in a row which added up to 35 hours total for those days (i worked some short days) and it pretty much kicked my butt!

I was pretty exhausted the rest of the weekend. Today I have to work from noon to 7pm and I'm not really looking forward to it.

This week I'm going to take Wednesday off and start with the dentist but then have a princess day the rest of the day - lunch with a friend, haircut, pedicure hang out in my favorite bookstore - that kind of a day to break up this work week and refuel!

Still need to keep pampering I think!

So what is up - are some of you taking a break from posting until May 10th? I'd love to hear how going back to work is for some of you and what your coping mechanisms are.

Oh - I spotted again last night -I thought i was done with that - argh!
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:07 AM

Well, I thought I was great! But on friday, my bladder started killing me. So I go back to the dr. today at 3:00 to see what is up with that, and I am nervous!! The nurse said he might have to do an exam. Boo, I haven't had one of those yet! Wish me luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 10:16 AM

hkc - are you having pain when urinating or just all the time? I find that if I wait to pee - if my bladder gets too full - then it's painfull. Like I get a big cramp while going.

Good luck with the Dr and keep us posted.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:18 AM

Thanks i will! No, it is all the time. Like when I stand up, it feels weird, and like a balled up muscle???? And when I pee, which I go often anyway, because I can't wait or it is painful, it almost makes me double over, like I can't relax. So I will let you all know!!
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:20 AM

Did anybody else get a killer back ache with this?

I called my doc this morning, and the nurse said I could expect the backache and the swelling at week 4 when the stiches dissolve, but the swelling is going up around toward my sides and back. I had swelling from my hematoma there too. It hurts bad and I have to take Tylenol, and I am not one who is prone to back aches.

The nurse said the swelling should start to decrease rather than increase, and that I should keep an eye on it the next day or so. If not, then I can come in an get checked over. I am also starting to get the headache that people were talking about.

Other than that, things seem to be o.k. I have not had any discharge since the 2nd day after surgery (very slight), and my doc said my cuff was all healed up. No fever, no infection that I know of, and the digestive/bladder systems are all working well.
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:25 AM

[quote=love2savemoney]Reply to Math teacher...I had a 4 week check last tuesday....yes, my dr. did an internal exam. It wasn't bad, but my incision isn't as sore (TAH) and I'm not as swelled as most are posting. God has blessed me with an easy recovery, which is usually not the norm for me. The only uncomfortable part to me was on the left vaginal wall, as I also had an A&P repair. I was sore a bit later, and I will stick to his advice of no sex til 6 wk mark because of that.

I hope this doesn't cause you more stress about your appointment. If he is a good Dr., I'm sure he'll be sensitive to your feelings and concerns. Besides, I've learned from this site that all Drs do things differently. I hadn't even seen him since the surgery til this appointment.

QUOTE]

THANK YOU, Love2savemoney!!
If it was bearable at 4 WEEKS, 6 weeks should be a breeze!! (Fingers crossed...LOLOL)

J
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenayogini
I am having some little pains today too - especially on that right side. Hmmm....Wonder what is going on. Didn't really have pain much during this past week.

Someone else posted that the instruments used are on the right side, therefore, they thought that is why they were more sore on that side. I had a TAH, so I don't have personal experience with that myself.
I have always been a LOT more sore on the right side and I DID have TAH.
I watched the live operation on the web and in it, the stretchers (don't know the medical term..oops) were pulling that side open pretty far, while the surgeon worked on the pateient's right side...maybe that's why? Has anyone gotten the answer from theirt Dr., yet?

Question:
Is anyone having pain right under their right ribs? It feels like all of my insides are up there and are really cramped and bending. I'm amazed that pretty much ALL of my pain is on the right side and has been since right after surgery.
(I had a long, vertical incision)
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM
update

good morning girls, here is my update. Yesterday started out slow with a lot of fatigue. Took my provigil which took care of that. Then got to watch my chargers win!!! San Diego super chargers!!! Felt good enough to go out shopping with my friend and did great till my back started killing me. took vicodin and that took care of that. then we went for mexican dinner with a margarita and that took care of everything else (hee hee)slept till 1am and then up and down all night.Now I back to still being in bed with lots of fatigue. Oh well we will see how today goes, Ill just take it slow--real slow. Hope all is well with everyone HUGGS
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:50 AM

I just can't bring myself to look at those surgery videos!

I had pain under my ribcage after surgery but that has gone away.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register