Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hi Had a LASH on Thursday the 13th at around 1 pm. Surgery went well except that my bladder had adhered to the uterus...so surgery took slightly longer. I still have my cervix and ovaries...just no uterus. Went home from the hospital on Friday at 2 pm. Had to pass gas first. Which took awhile. But home and recouping.. My 15 yo daughter has been an amazing help. Still taking pain meds. Having a hard time getting back into bed. Can get out okay! So I am sleeping in the recliner in the family room. Hope my recoup goes quickly. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM

HOORAY had my first BM on saturday feeling well but I seem to gt tired easily Have not beenout of the house except to go to the mailbox. I have cabon fever. DH andDD has been a great help
Unread 12-16-2007, 08:44 PM

I have had the same thing and I have been walking alot .... I think its the anesthesia gases
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM

I too finally had my first Bm! Yikes that was a relief.
I have only had the 2 halves of a vicodin to help me sleep. The pain for me isn't too bad and I am trying to be completely off of meds by the end of the week.
I spent the whole day watching movies and it really hurts to laugh but it felt good emotionally.
I don't think I would be up to the library yet. Had to stop at Fred Meyers on the way home from the castle yesterday, not a plesant journey. I was in on of those electric carts, and people are so rude. I was trying to get through an isle and people kept standing in my way on purpose. So finally I had to run them over to get where I needed. From now on I have respest for someone using one. It's not like they couldn't tell I was in pain all you had to do was look at my face~'tis the season!
I am glad to be back on the mend, starting to feel like myself a little more everyday...I just don't look in the mirror, swelly belly!!
Best wishes to all
Unread 12-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Post op day 3

Hi All,

Had my TVH (kept ovaries) Dec. 13th and am feeling pretty good. Tired mostly. No BM yet, but lots of music: toot toot!
not worried yet, I'm taking in lots of water, fruit juice, colace and fiber so it'll happen hopefully tomorrow. I'll let you know-- lol!
I have made it down the stairs to the basement today for the first time. I was just going from 2nd story to main floor, overall I'm managing 2-3 trips a day on stairs. Not bad, but won't overdue. I picture lots of little stiches inside that I don't want to disrupt!
To all those "overdoing", rest up, keep your PJ's on and grab the remote. I'm a mover and shaker so this is very difficult for me to lay low, but I'm trying to behave for the most part. I'm still tempted to pick up after everyone and believe me it's not easy to be this inactive. My dogs are loving all the extra time to lounge with me and I'm enjoying their company too while the DH and DS are busy watching sports or running errands.
Take care and best wishes to everyone for a good and safe recovery!
Amy
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:01 PM
Dec 11 surgery

Hi all,
This is my first post since surgery.
Day before surgery I started my period. Yea one last dig.
Day of surgery I arrived at hospital at 6:30am. Surgery at 8:00am all went well. Dr did a Vaginal Hysterectomy and a Rectocele. Had to stay in recovery longer than surgery because my blood pressure was too low. You do not want to try to wake up in recovery with a nurse standing over you saying this is not good, this is really not good. but after a call to the Dr she gave me something and I was on my way to my room. Had to have pain meds 3 times. Not sure what they gave me.
Next day at 6:00am the cath and packing came out. Had my first pee at 7:00am the Dr came in at 8:30 said if I could eat solid food keep it down and walk I could go home. So I arrived home at 12:30 on the 12th. I have only had to take motrin or tylenol a couple of times. The only pain I am having is from the Rectocele repair. Was told to treat cough aggressively, have tried every thing still have a cough everynow and then and it hurts so bad. I had a low grade fever today that went away with tylenol. I see my Dr tomarrow. I hope I dont have an infection.
Hope every one a speedy recovery and a Merry Christmas.
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:17 PM

Hi all. Had my hyster on 12-12...they were able to leave both ovaries YAY for that The procedure took about an hour and a half as there was lots and lots of scar tissue due to previous c-sections. From what I can remember they had a lot of problems controlling my pain while in recovery especially with the cathader (sp). I got into a room about 6:30 pm to my husband, my cousin and her husband all there to support me. I had a bad night that night with pain control..they gave me dalatid (sp?) through the IV. They took out the cathader the next late afternoon (thurs.) and Friday morning at 8:30 my dr. walked in and asked if I was ready to "get out of here" (aren't we all ready to get out of the hospital?) lol He told me to lay back so he could remove the staples. I thought he was kidding. Two sections and both times the staples were in for 2 weeks. He wasn't kidding...so I am being held together with steri-stips and honestly quite nervous about that. So home I went with my hyrdocodone (which isn't doing much of anything for me) and alternating with Motrin as per doctor's advice. Had a REALLY bad pain day today...sick of not being able to stand up straight or lay on my side..my butt is killing me from being on it but did find that stool softener is my friend once per day No problems there My lower back hurts from sleeping in a recliner and can't wait to be able to do stairs and get into my bed. BUT DH is being absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!! He is absolutely my hero. Well, onward and upward and hugs to you all!!!!!!!
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:23 AM

had my TAH-bso on 12/10 Wow! One week ago today! feeling very tired. I get "breathless" a lot. Just getting up and walking makes it hard to breath. is anyone else having this symptom? I feel fine otherwise-no fever, pain, or bleeding.
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:03 AM
To all My Sisters...

Yes, absolutely "Starthrower" the breathlessness is very common, I also have it one week post-op TAH, on Dec. 10th! The pain, the anesthesia, the gas presure, all push on our diaphrams, making us feel breathless or short of breath, while talking on phone, walking, etc. I however, feel a tightness or cramping in the calf area, yet I am up and walking in the house everyday! Is anyone out there experiencing this too?

Also what are you ladies taking for HRT after having your ovaries removed? Surely, someone out there had their poor ovaries out this week too with me! Thank you Montana for your response, but I haven't heard a word of anyone else's experience on this, and would love to know what you are all planning to take, or Natural Hormones you may have found, etc, this would be so helpful!

Also, the stair climbing thing, I feel SO bad for you ladies who are on the recliners and such! I have been walking up the stairs each night, very slowly, and back down, slowly every morning, just once per day---just to go to bed at night, and it is wonderful to be in your own bed! Did your Doc' specifically say that you cannot climb the stairs, slowly, not carrying anything, just once per day for bed? I have been doing it since Discharge after a full abdomenal incision, and all is well, and my Doc thought this was perfectly fine, slow, once per day.

All my love for a speedy recovery for us all, Brooke
Unread 12-17-2007, 09:45 AM

Hi everybody
glad to see you Joyce...x

So many symptoms aren't there. think everyone is different.

really think you ladies with big questions should be posting on the post-op forum, cos theres lots of people out there who ahve been through this and know what to suggest.

my head is buzzing with all the different meds everyone seems to be on. im only on paracetemol-basically headache pills in UK, no stronger, so although im taking them so they dont 'wear out', im feeling good.

tiredness is inevitable. If it's extreme - have you had your blood levels checked. I found I was anaemic, and that's why im so tired.Lack of iron means you arent getting the oxygen you need, and so can make you breathless.

im bright one minute and asleep the next..bizarre.

also, have had a giggle about weight, but i seem to have lost 10lbs somewhere. ive been eating since the day after surgery, and i know my fibroid was a a weighty little guy- but that's a lot-thought i felt light. Has anyone experienced this?

love to all
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register