Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hi all! Is anyone else still experiencing GAS??? I am still getting gas pains under my ribs and in my upper stomach area.... I almost feel that the DR must have rearranged my guts and not put them back in the right spot!! Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I am trying not to eat broccoli or beans as this makes it way worse. I have also stopped taking my multivitamin as it was giving me gas too. Any ideas on how to take calcium because I know I need it but it gives me gas!! ANy ideas on when this will get better?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM

blessedmg I am still having terrible gas all the time no matter what I do. It is horrible and family is starting complain. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Hugs to all and happy healing
Debbie
Unread 01-14-2008, 07:16 PM

Dear hkc---why are you getting the bladder infections? Is it related to the surgery? Was your bladder nicked during the operation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM

the urologist said that can be fairly common when they do a bladder sling. He said any time u mess with the bladder there is a chance for infection. If I can't get rid of this one or I get another one, then I will push the issue of why! They are sooo painful.
Unread 01-14-2008, 08:16 PM

Blessedmg & dw5382 regarding the gas pains: you may want to try Mylanta Gas (simethicone-antigas) maximum strength chewable tablets. As a bonus each tablet also contains 66 mg of calcium. For the first 2 weeks postop, I lived on the "cherry" chewable tablets & fortunately no longer have any problems. (The tablets are quite tasty too!)
Best wishes - I hope this helps!
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:08 PM

Did you have a TAH or LAVH? I am just curious whether that makes any difference with the bladder infections? Sure seems like a lot of sisters are getting them?
Unread 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM

I just needed to say THANKS to everyone who posts on this thread. You have (unknowingly) been my "friends" to help me thru these past 5 weeks. I helped my best friend thru 6 years of countless treatments for 3 occurrences of cancer and she helped me thru countless periods of depression and was ready to help me take on the castle when I lost her unexpectedly to the big C the 4th time this fall. So thank you, thank you, thank you, you'all can not realize how much the conversations have meant to me, even tho I'm more of a "lurker" than a "poster". You all have helped me feel so "not alone". Thanks again, and I'll be checking back as I head back to work next week teaching elem art - here's hoping we are all back on track soon and feeling good!
Unread 01-15-2008, 08:20 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Dec. 10 - Dec. 17, 2007

hals - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, my heart goes out to you!!! So glad that you were able to find comfort by joining us all here at this site. It really is a lifesaver to so many of us.

I usually am a "lurker", like you mentioned, but felt such a connection to all the ladies here that it was easy to join in. I hope you will feel the same way from now on.

Good luck to you when you go back to work next week!

My progress at almost week #5 (which is tomorrow) - still have swelly belly at night. Was hoping to be off the swelly band by now- but so glad I have it to use when I need it!

I did some shopping yesterday - got a couple new tops! It felt SO good to get something new. But it seems that every time I go out and about, when I get home I "pay" for it. Sore belly last night - tired - etc. I'm getting worried that I still won't be ready to go back to work by next week. That scares the yahoo out of me - because I really need to get back to work!

I know, I know - my health comes first - the job is secondary!!!

Take care everyone. Hope you are feeling better every day.

-GraceHL
Unread 01-15-2008, 10:59 AM

hello there, I feel like poop today!! I am hurting pretty bad today. hips, pelvic bone, around my incision it feels hard. I go to the Dr. Friday. I do not feel like I am at all ready to go back to work. My belly is still sore and tender to the touch. I still have gas pressure. I am walking but not over doing it. I have been resting. I still have insomnia. I am so over feeling like this. I cry over everything. Is any one else feeling like this?
Unread 01-15-2008, 11:20 AM

Laurel,
I am so sorry about your friend! It sound's like she was a true sister, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceHL
I did some shopping yesterday - got a couple new tops! It felt SO good to get something new. But it seems that every time I go out and about, when I get home I "pay" for it. Sore belly last night - tired - etc. I'm getting worried that I still won't be ready to go back to work by next week.
-GraceHL
I feel the same way! (I was to a point, yesterday, where I laid in the bed and could not move.) It wasn't pain, so much...I just couldn't move. My body wouldn't let me! It was strange! No energy to lift my butt off of that bed, at all.
I was planning on going back to teaching my 100+ teenagers, next Tuesday, after 5 1/2 weeks, but I just can't picture it, now. I'm hoping my Dr. will let me go the entire 8 weeks.
I think I recall that our UK sisters get 12 weeks off?? (Now I can see why!!)

I feel so bad about the sisters with the bladder infections!! You are going through enough with the healing. I hope all of your infections get better really fast!!

I, too, thank everyone who has posted here!! (I'm sure my Dr. does too, as I've hardly made any calls to ask questions about my recovery, since all of you have answered pretty much ALL of them!!)

Have a great day!!

J

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register