Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-17-2008, 03:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

tl, I was getting that last week, and was quite concerned that the blood was quite clear, but it only lasted a few days. I have hardly been discomfort free - and haven't 'bent down' for anything since my op...also have a new bruise underneath my belly button. What I'm trying to say is..we're still in the middle of this process - and most of theses things are normal.

Unless you are in pain, I don't think you should worry too much - remember the internal stitch thing..

If your in pain, call the doctor..

Bit bemused at this idea of an 'at will' state..mv..how can that be in a first world country - don't you have any protection? I think that's appalling. I still find it difficult to get my head around how large the US is, it must be almost like living in different countries , with the climate, laws etc.

I started chewing anti-gas tablets called deflatine, and am wondering why on earth i havent tried them before...already feel less swollen...yay.

Like to say one more thing tonight..if there is anyone out there, reading this, and feeling that the women on this thread all know eachother, and are a closed group, please don't feel excluded and get involved..we're all just doing our best to support eachother...

hugs to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 03:47 PM
tiny librarian

I spot red off and on all the time and I finally called my dr...she said it is normal.

Unread 01-17-2008, 06:29 PM

So good catching up with all of you for the last many days' posts. Lost my DSL connection but I'm back.

Saw my oncologist/surgeon for 5-wk check-in yesterday and she said it's the last time she had to see me: go back to your regular gyn! (I made an appt for 2 weeks from now)....

I thought of all the questions I should have asked AFTER I left her office.

It was the first time I saw her since the pathology report came in, and she told me there were pre-cancerous cells in my removed uterus, but all was cleared in surgery. Learning that, though, put me at peace once and for all about having lost everything including my cervix, which I'd hoped to save....recognizing that the cervix is really part of the uterus. I wouldn't have wanted to take the risk of another operation.

Big story to report, though, is that 2 weeks ago I had horribly burning labia and stinky-stinky drip (which I reported elsewhere in the post-op threads, not here I think) -- and it turned out to a bacterial infection. So I would encourage those of you with either or both to go see the Dr. and get a culture taken. I needed medication which cleared it up (so far).... Apparently the accumulated blood drips we're having (god knows for how long??) can sit down there at our "lips" and fester into a bacterial overgrowth.

Otherwise: my headlines are:
falling asleep: impossible.
staying asleep: improbable.
grumpy: most of the time.
active: as much as possible.
poo-ing normally: almost every day (still taking colace 2-3x day)....
any interest in sex: none.
lucky to have a loving husband: more than I could dream of.

To those of you feeling lousy, I hold you in my arms.
To those of you bouncing back to normal: I cheer for you.

Yes to May 10th.

As for bio-identical hormones: I'm trying to find someone who can work with me on them, and so far, haven't found anything. Which feels ridiculous since I'm in New York City.

Love to you all.

-- Siri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-17-2008, 10:01 PM

Hi Tinylibrarian,

If it was bright red, then I would go and have it checked out. It's probably not anything serious. When my hematoma was bleeding out a bit, they told me to check for bright red, so to be on the safe side, I would check with your doc. You probably just tugged on something a little bit, and being that it's fresh and tender tissue, you may have yanked on something a little.
Unread 01-17-2008, 10:16 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone on the bleeding--I did just ring my surgeon and he said it was "normal" but since I am going in for my six week check in three days now, they can do a more thorough check. Interesting, though, about the smell etc as I given what you've said I may have an infection brewing down there too. But, at least I feel relieved to call and get assurance that it is "normal." Sure doesn't feel normal when it happens though. I am so...........frustrated I'm not "100%" better yet! But then I read some of your posts and feel relieved I am not alone. So thank you to all of you for being such a warm and caring group. Honestly don't know what I would have done these past 5 weeks without all of your help!!!!
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:21 AM
Anxiety about going back to work

Well ladies after reading your posts once again I feel normal!
Backaches, strange pains, gas, smelly discharge, tired often, I too thought we would be better by now and get dicouraged!

I am really having alot of anxiety about going back to work! Anyone share this feeling?

I am a pre-k teacher and although they are adorable, 24 for them is quite a challenge as well as all the physical parts of the job!

Unlike some of you I am loving this time off, I haven't been bored or restless since the first two weeks. I guess I have gotten used to the slower pace. Plus we don't get summers off we work all year so i really needed a nice long break after 24 years of teaching. I just wish it would have been for a better reason!

To all of you who suffer still I wish you recovery and to all of you already working I wish you strength, and everyone HAPPY HEALING!

GOD BLESS!
Rocky Cat
Unread 01-18-2008, 07:25 AM

Hello ladies,
I am feeling so blessed right now. I have been reading some of the post from the last few days. While reading the post it hit me how wonderful it is to have a place to find answers to my many questions and get such wonderful loving support. I don't know how other ladies go through this with out all of you. I know that I appreciate all the support and answers that you have given me. This has been a real learning experience for me and I am going to tell my dr that he needs to be more informative to his patients about this surgery. I was told that I would leave the hospital the next day and be back to work in 3 weeks and able to resume my normal activities then. I wasn't anywhere near ready at the 3 week point to do much of anything. I am just now able to do some things and I am very nervous about returning to work. I'm sorry I am going on and on just venting a little I guess.

To everyone I want to say "Thank You" for being there for me and each other.

Hugs and prayers to all

Debbie
Unread 01-18-2008, 09:39 AM

i'm with you Rocky Cat! it's been very nice being on slow mode over the past several weeks... good for recovery but veeeerrry enticing to remain in this mode for a bit longer!!!!

huge thank you's to all that have contributed their experiences. it helps me to understand more about my own recovery. it's true that everyone improves at different paces and unexpected issues arise without forewarning. it is such a great thing to have this site to chat and know that we're all in this together. much much gratitude to you all!!!
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Checking In

tinylibrarian - glad you called your Doc's office to see if what you were experiencing was normal. Also glad you will be going in for your checkup in a few days. I'm sure that will really help ease your mind!

I can't believe my 6-week checkup is in 5 days! This time really has gone by fast for me. Like Rocky cat, I'm not having a hard time with taking it easy - I'm just having the "guilts" that my co-worker is working her buttocks off in my absence. By the way - I want you all to know that I DID send her flowers - and they absolutely made her day! Thanks so much for that suggestion!!

crispyduck - I find that at times I have a "cramping" feeling, not unlike premenstral cramps. It freaks me out. Nothing comes of it - which is great - but it's like going back in time! I'm sure it's all part of the healing process.

As far as anxiety goes - I have been feeling quite anxious lately. About everything. I try to put it all in God's hands, but somehow my human mind takes over and I continue to worry!

I totally agree with all of you that if I hadn't found this website, I don't know what I would have done. My Doctor only gave me 3 pieces of advice - "Don't lift anything; don't vacuum; and walk whenever possible." Other than that, I was on my own. Why do Doctors feel that we just have an innate knowledge of how to handle recovery from this major surgery?!

Take care everyone. Hope you have a good, restful weekend. Thinking of you all!

-Grace
Unread 01-18-2008, 10:58 AM

I can't really add anything to that Grace..I stumbled on this site looking for help..and it worries me that so many women out there are going through all this alone.

I still have more than a week before my first doctors appointment, and I feel like i have to say something to them about this lack of support..I've only met a handful of people from the uk on here..and although it is a less common procedure over here, there must be lots of ladies in need.

I'm wondering how I can get the information to the people who need it..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register