Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 66 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hi all! I went for my 5 week check up yesterday. She did not do a pelvic exam since I had a SAH.( kept cervix- all else gone). I thought that was a little odd but I go back in June for pap.
She checked my incision and said that it looked good. Then she said,"you can have sex, if you want to, or whatever else you want, NEXT WEEK." What a bummer. I really wanted to be released to full activity yesterday. I forgot to ask if I could lift more than 5 lbs so I called back and talked to the nurse. I can't until next friday. My 4 yo was not happy with this news and she enjoys being carried around the house all day.
I thought that I had taken 10 steps back this week but then realized that I had caught 8 yo DS's stomach flu. Luckily it only seemed to last 36 hours,

DH and I went to Walmart last night after my dr's appt and by the time that we got home I thought that I would pass out from exhaustion.

I asked the Dr about how tired I get and she said that I should get better each month and by June I should have a really good summer. I did not realize that it took so long to feel normal. I do not know if I would have had the surgery now if I had known how long it takes. Probably would have waited until all 3 kids were in school. I had grown so used to being in pain and I really do not feel better than before surgery yet. But I am way more tired all the time.

Anyway, I hope to start BEING NORMAL again next week. I do think that may be too much to ask But at least I have goals, right.HA! HA!

If any of you are list makers, which I soooo am... this is my pathetic list for today.... Make beds, put dishes in dish washer, fold laundry, start cleaning out son's closet ( who grew out of everything while I have been recovering), order daughter's dress for princess party, take a shower, take oldest children to dentist( with grandma's help), Pitiful isn't it! I never used to put things like take a shower, make beds fold laundry on my list because I do those things every day. Now I have to put the smallest things on my list so that I feel like I accomplishd something.

Is anyone else's DH exhausted from all the extra work they are helping you with around the house?

I better go for now. Sorry this got so long.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 11:42 AM

Kinda..it must be hard to be going through this with small children..but it is still quite a short time, compared to the months and years you have ahead of you with your children,pain free and full of energy..

Hope you weren't serious about the 'waiting till next week to pick up a
4 yo ' - you can seriously undo your healing so far by picking up heavy weights..especially ones with kicking arms and legs..lol

please take care...my sister-in-law ended up in bed after picking up a full kettle of water at 12 weeks..
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM

btw
growing respect for the husbands and partners who have stepped up to support you ladies, especailly if you have kids..

Kinda tell your DH, he has respect from the UK, never know it may make him feel appreciated!bless.
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2008, 11:56 AM

I agree about the lack of support issue. I really had to push to find out information. Also, I had a lot of friends that said they would check on me, help me out, etc, that never did. I am single and live by myself, so the lack of information and understanding really hit home with me. I agree that this site was a God-send.

Now I just need to go and get some new friends!
Unread 01-18-2008, 11:57 AM

I was really doing well (I thought) and then this morning I was sore to the touch again near the incision. I guess we all thought we would be better faster especially those of us who had C-Sections.

I AM TIRED OF NOT FEELING 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to work (10hrs/week) 2 weeks ago and I was OK. but now today after hurting after food shopping with DH I am annoyed!

Why didn't our drs tell us what to expect before or after the surgery (can you tell I am honkerblonked)?????

This can not be a hormonal rage as I have no hormones!!!

Sorry
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:01 PM

LadyDB rage on we all hear you and know your pain. lol
Debbie
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:04 PM

Called my sister who is a Nurse practioner and she said that all the twinges I am feeling around the incision are nerves trying to reconnect. I just feel like someone took sandpaper to me - clothes hurt to touch my skin.

Thanks ladies - I have learned alot from all of you - wish we could all go out and have a "Ladies Night Out" and meet!
Unread 01-18-2008, 12:07 PM

LadyDB,
That is how it feels around some of my incisions sometimes. Thank You for the information.
Debbie
Unread 01-18-2008, 01:43 PM

Lady DB,

I know what you mean about not feeling 100% yet. I don't feel any better than before the surgery, but I'm hoping that's just the slow healing process. For me, this surgery was WAY MUCH HARDER than my two c-sections, for which, one I was awake and one I was put under general. (The general was a much, much longer and harder recovery.)

And dear Jgtalk, I am so sorry that you are living alone and your friends did not step up. I really learned who my real friends are during this situation and it makes it hard to trust people in the future a little. I hope you get some better friends soon.

I also feel how everyone else feels, that without this site, I just don't know what I would do. My discharge papers literally said one thing, don't lift. That's it, nothing else. I knew exactly what not to do from this website only, and my doctor said nothing. This site also gave me all the information I needed, including the list of what to take to the hospital, so that I went in feeling really prepared. Thank God for this site and for my sisters.
Kel
Unread 01-18-2008, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb52298
I also feel how everyone else feels, that without this site, I just don't know what I would do. My discharge papers literally said one thing, don't lift. That's it, nothing else. I knew exactly what not to do from this website only, and my doctor said nothing. This site also gave me all the information I needed, including the list of what to take to the hospital, so that I went in feeling really prepared. Thank God for this site and for my sisters.
Kel
AMEN!!!!
My Dr. is awesome, but his advice was SO MINIMAL compared to everything I learned here, from all of you.

Something HILARIOUS (and strange) occured:
Last night I took my "ambien" to help me sleep, since it's been tough to, since a few days after the surgery.

I woke up remembering a weird dream....in the dream I actually allowed DH to try some things and the libido was AMAZINGLY FINE!!
When I woke up I was bummed it was just a dream and I still had to wonder if everything will be OK, and pain free, when I'm actually ready to try.

When DH came home from work, this afternoon, I told about the dream...and GET THIS...it WASN'T A DREAM!! (Watch that AMBIEN, ladies!!!....LOLOL!!)

(Definitely don't drive, do steps, or make major decisions while using that sleep aid...but it DOES remove the fear of pain. Unfortunately, it messes with your memory, too.)

I know it's a bit TMI, but I felt I had to share this info about Ambien.
TOO BIZARRE!!
J

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register