Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 01-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Sarah and Rockycat,

Thanks a bunch buddies! I appreciate your good words, they are very encouraging. I will be sure to keep in touch. Nothing helps like having a good hyster sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 11:43 AM

JG,
Sorry for all your lifes adventures. Councelling is a great idea as I have used those services when I needed them. It is a wonderful thing to say things outloud to someone else. It takes the heat out of situations, puts things in perspetive, and sometimes your realize you have dealt with things already and you can move on. You are the only one who will know that. Just keep talking (writing) to someone and God will get you through this one day at a time.

Just remember what a strong woman you are to have been through all this and you are still going strong!
Unread 01-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Speaking of moving on ....

It is raining like crazy here in So Cal. My hip has now become the focus of my daily pain (maybe due to the rain and cold). Told a freind of my problem and she is moving. She asked me if i wanted her surgical aids (she had knee replacment). I went to her house to get it and man do i feel old and decrepid! I got a walker (with a little cary basket with flowers), crutches, high toilet seat, and a shower seat. didn't need all this junk for the TAH/BSO.

I have been focusing on the hip and don't know if the pain I am in will wait until summer. ARGHH. My DR said I could have the hip replacemnt as soon as the end of January but I don't want to do this to my body. Just now starting to feel good again and my husband is chasing me with that darned turkey baster!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2008, 01:32 PM

OK ladies just had my 6 week check up today and the doctor told me to tell all of you that you are a special bunch of ladies to go through all this and support each other. I told him all about all of you. He loved the turkey baster but said he would recommend ky jelly after he got done laughing.

Doctor told me that everything was fine healing nicely. He released me for everything YAY!!!!! So back to work on Monday YUCK!!! Not looking forward to it since being a princess for 6 weeks.

Lady DB That will be my hubby chasing me this weekend since doctor just gave me OK. He told me to tell hubby that for at least the next 3 times or tries that I am to be in charge. Good Luck with the hip that is so much to go through. Keep us posted. I will keep you in my prayers Lots of hugs to you.

Rocky Cat my turkey baster is hanging on wall in kitchen and I almost pee my pants every time I look at it. Family thinks I have lost my mind.

Happy hippie I only sleep about 4 to 5 hours a night now but did it most nights before this so I am sure it is hormonal.

DianeMS Scroll to top of page and in blue bar where it says Fitness click on it and I believe exercises are there.

Sorry so long
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:25 PM

oops forgot to tell you that exam was ok no pain but I didn't have the big incision that most of you had and still have my cervix so it was like it has always been in the past. Also doctor said he wanted to do blood work to make sure hormone, thyroid levels were ok and check to make sure that I wasn't anemic since I told him how cold I always seem to be. I went to the 5-6 week checkpoint and printed the questions to ask doctor and added some of my own and gave it to the doctor and he said that it was a good idea so that I was able to remember to ask the questions I had. Always get there and forget to ask questions. So those of you that haven't had exam yet might check it out. Hope all of you are healing nicely and getting back on your feet. Those having problems I will keep you in my prayers and send you lots of hugs.
Debbie
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:52 PM

Never thought I would be jealous of ladies with their own basters before..and Joy I hope i havent given you the impression that I would baste with just anyone ...I'm now looking for someone, super nice but also super understanding to share that special moment with!

thanks for reassurance over check ups..my tummy is still a little tender and I look like a little Buddha tonight..rather have the kangaroo pouch back..but think all else is okay.

Have my DS home again for a couple of days. She has uni.work to do, but nice to have her here. A friend popped in from school and I was soooo pleased to see her.

Crispyduck, I'm really glad that you've got the all clear..but hope you will still take it easy. I'm amazed that they have said yes to skating..I like to do ceroc dancing, with a lot of spinning, dips and drops and can't imagine doing it so soon.

I know people who have had problems after 12 weeks..including my sister-in-law who lifted a kettle and really hurt for a week..and you know they say 6-12 months before everything is completely healed..so please, please be careful..

I'm not even up to jogging yet - still feel that tightness..

Anyway..not complaining feeling pretty good overall..

love to all
Unread 01-25-2008, 03:54 PM

obviously meant DD was home, as I referred to her as a she..lol

PS thought the flowers in the basket of your walker was such a nice touch DB..
Unread 01-25-2008, 08:00 PM

My six week anniversary of the LAVH was yesterday. The doctor had released me back to work two weeks ago - full time secretarial duties and I did real well but tired at the end of each day. I had been anemic postop but had two units of transfusion while in the hospital, and I think that really helped me SO SO much. I am still restricted from sex until I see the doctor on 2/4 - just in time for my special guy friend's 4-day visit to the area!! But, if I am not released, he will understand as we have talked about this all along. We are very creative and I am sure we will entertain one another with great pleasure as you ladies I am sure have been doing to keep DH's and important guy friends happy until released accordingly. Afterall, they have been so great to take such good care of us, right?

I finally stopped having to wear pads a few days prior to the six week postop date! No more odor, too. My doctor had told me it was because all the sutures dissolving, or could be granulation tissue, could be underlying infection, etc. I am just so glad that is finally over.

Looking back now - I am so glad I did this. The first couple of days were difficult, there were complications during surgery, postop wound infection, bladder infection, no one to take care of me except my poor elderly mother (where were my friends?), and I had to take more time off one more week work than expected. BUT, again, I am so glad I did this!!!! 2008 will be a good year.

I can't wait to try out things with my special guy. Good luck to all of you with the special men in your lives, too. To those of us dating and meeting new guys - open, honest communication is the key.
Unread 01-26-2008, 09:30 AM

JG,

I read your post 2 days ago and you have been on my mind for the last 48 hours. Sometimes life hands us so many different obstacles and we feel like why me. I have learned over time that all the storms that life takes us through it's just a test for us, and I posted this before and this is something that I stand by God will not take us through anything that he will not bring us out of. You will be in my prayers and I hope that you will keep us posted on your recovery.
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:01 AM

Thanks very much TiggWifey. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me.

Hugs!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register