Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 84 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 02-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Hi dear all,

Caught up on what you've been doing and saying. When I'm away for days, I miss you. Yes, we'll find eachother soon in that board-bin, I guess.

I've grown suddenly very blue, spacey.

Major players in my life these day are: HBO tv, chocolate, cashews, chai, and Keith Olbermann on msnbc.

I only just yesterday found out I can still have an orgasm even though I'm still forbidden by my doc to "go all the way" for another month. That, the O, was a big relief. I was feeling like I'd given it all away. Thank god not.

Crispy Duck: you make me grin...and I love your dancing avatar, chachacha.
jgtalk: just seeing your "name" makes me feel at home.
Ellie: you're a hoot.

To those who have gone back to work, I am in awe. I don't know how you're doing it. I simply collapse late in the day. What are your secrets?

Love you all so very much.

Siri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM

Hey Everybody,

I acheived a major milestone: I went for my very first exercise session tonight. I walked on the treadmil 45 minutes

My worksite started an employee exercise program, so all participants are on teams. You get free gym passes for the next 8 weeks if you exercise, with reduced gym membership after that if you behave. I set my own goals too, no pressure. So I'm just going to be like Forest Gump and keep walking!

Siri- Nice to see ya' again! How's it going?
Ellie- Hows the bleeding problem?
CrispyDuck- YIPPIE! The gym has a window that overlooks the ice rink!!! How cool is that!! I get to watch the kids play hockey while I walk! The facility has three Olympic-sized rinks.

I am still working on getting another counselor, keep me in your prayers, o.k.? I found one that specializes in coping with disease (I have a rare neoplasm, but stable)
Unread 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM

Hi everyone

..am on the home straight to going back to work. I'm going to get my hair cut tomorrow, and go for lunch with my school friends on friday. I feel in touch because of the work I've been doing, but am still not sure if my stamina will be up to it. Mini period came back, and I've had a full 5 days of it - also back on iron tablets, which I don't mind, as long as I feel better.

Hope everyone who has gone back in the last few days is doing okay, Rockycat and Sarah?

Respect to those ladies who have done all this with little ones to care for...it can mean you have to do everything earlier...

Our news is full of reports about your elections...and now the storms in some parts - I hope no one on here has been affected.

Siri I didn't realise you were still feeling so poorly, having to wait so long to get the all clear for normal relations. The big O , is another example of our little victories, and what's another month if it means you will be healed...

Sarah, I think you know that I laugh at just about anything, usually myself. My whole family is like that...it's a way of dealing with even the most stressful situations. It probably doesnt seem very appropriate sometimes, but I think it's in my genes.

JG, glad you sound so upbeat. The gym thing sounds like one good idea from your work. My local school is opening a leisure club, which means I have a pool, mini gym and aerobics stuff on my door step..thinking I'll have no excuse not to go if I join something almost on my doorstep..

...and finally, I ran up the stairs today, and got told off by my son..think I will have to re-educate him to stop him being so protective and caring...bless him..lol. who'd have thought a teenager would have so much patience..

take care
all
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Hey there! It's so nice to hear that I'm just about where everyone else is. Having been the only one I know who has had a hysto it's nice to have someone to shoot questions at if needed. I walked my treadmill for an hour last night it felt great. My teenagers are trying to get me to train for a 10K this summer. First I would have to have time and second the energy. I started to take the stairs vs. the elevator at work. Man! I used to be able to fly up these. We are getting a ton of snow right now. Maybe I can milk this thing so I won't have to go shovel.

Siri have the blues just started with you? I kept my ovaries so I know I'll still get the monthly emotions but lately I have been feeling bluer than usual.
Have a wonderful day things can only get better from here
Unread 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM

I found a cure for my hysto blues.... I just took a look at my retirement savings and what the stock market did to it.... UMMM the hysto doesn't seem so bad compared to all the money that was lost!

I wish they would straighten out this government and get things back on the road again. I wish a Hyster Sister was running for president!
Unread 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM

JG, kiddo, you're not kidding! Hmmm, though, I wonder if Hill is a sister and we just don't know. (Not that I care -- about her -- hope nobody's offended -- and I think there's a no-politics credo here...???)

tsr: Thank you for your concern. I think my slow-ish recovery is meshing with seasonal affective disorder (SAD), and hence the blues. I'm ready to see a robin or 2. I'll perk out of it.... I'm sure it's hormonal... I'm hunting for a new therapist, though. I guess these are the post-partum blues I never had, alas.

I'm wondering how different this all might have been had I scheduled my hyst in the spring (hearing and believing that summer is NOT the time to be recovering with sweat as an added attraction).

But Ellie, and anybody else who I might have led astray, I'm not doing poorly....actually recovering nicely....except for a few details. And yes indeedy, waiting to be healed for another month is absolutely no problem.... I'm blessed with the sweetest most patient and loving husband I ever could have dreamed of.

Sorry if TMI, it's just that my doc says there's a little more healing needed on my spanky new vaginal cuff, which she said, on first viewing last week, was "left open" by my oncologist/surgeon.... She seemed surprised...hmmm. Do any of you know anything about this? I'll check other threads.

Anyhow, again I've written a litany. Please forgive.

Hugs to you all.
Unread 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM
swelly belly

I never understood "swelly belly" until today! This is my third day back to work and my belly is sticking out a mile and very tender. Of course those of us in education rarely sit and I suspect that is a big part of it. I didn't sit down once today except to inhale my lunch!

And people are so kind! My boss said I look pregnant! He can never understand what we go through. Not like my girls, all my sisters here!

Once you get back to work it's business as usual. So be sure you are ready because I know in my experience they expect me to be 100% and I hit the ground running from day one.

Anyway, good night ladies. I'm going to take an ibuprofen and go lay down!

Cynthia

LVH kept ovaries, posterior repair
Unread 02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
update(children mentioned)

Hi all!
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one still swelling. I thought that it was all in my head. Or that I had just gained weight and I was blaming the hyst. It looks like I weigh 5 or 10 lbs less in the morning than at night. My jeans go on easy in the am and by 5pm I am barely able to stand them they are so tight.

All is going well here. I still get some twinges of pain and cramps sometimes. I get tired pretty easy too,

I am back to working out. elliptical and walking at least 3 days a week. I am going to add weight lifting next week and try to get back to walking or elliptical every day. '

I am able to carry my kids around. Much to their excitement. I am really back to normal where our routine is concerned. busy!!

I have added one new thing... potty training- yuck!!! I should have planned surgery later and let grandma do it... am just kidding.. He is very stubborn with it though.
( I hope this did not upset anyone, I do not mean it to be insensitive).
Has anyone tried or asked doc about diet pills with HRT? I am determined to lose weight but I am not getting anywhere and I seem to have a larger than normal appetite. not that it was that small before..

For those with the blues, have you tried st john's wort? I know that sounds simplistic but I have had some really good like with it. I also take some supplements to help balance estrogen and they seem to be helping too.

I was having trouble with being blue and anxious a few weeks ago.

Best of luck and health to all
Unread 02-06-2008, 11:10 PM

Hi ladies!
Well am on 2nd week back to work now and it isn't too bad. Being a cashier I was very nervous about it all. Of course they haven't made me work on the weekend yet. I will do that this weekend not sure if I am up to it because I work 8 hour days on weekends and 4 hour days during week. I work all evening hours so we don't have to have a babysitter. I know what everyone means about being more tired and swollen at the end of the day. I can't believe the things I did before surgery and now I can't seem to do half of it without being totally exhausted.
Elle I have officially joined the mini period club. I had some bleeding today a little more than spotting but didn't last long. That was sure out of the blue since I haven't had anything since 4 days after surgery but did keep cervix so maybe that is why. I had to stop by the doctors office today to pay bill so I ask about it and he said it is because I am getting more active than I have been. Not sure about that answer.
Glad to hear that everyone is getting back on their feet and doing better. I have been telling everyone about this site and how wonderful everyone has been. I don't know what I would have done with out it.
Well don't want to rattle on so good night and hope all continues to get back to the land of normal. LOL what ever that is.
Unread 02-07-2008, 08:20 AM

Hello Ladies, How is everyone? Well, I went back to work on Monday and I was exhausted by the time I got home and then bam I caught the stomach bug going around. Needless to say it was coming from both ends. YUCK!! I thought I was going to die. My poor belly hurt so bad. So, I have been in bed resting the last two days. I feel pretty good today and I will be going into work today. They missed me at work and decorated my desk for me. It was nice. This week has worn me out already. My belly is still swollen too!!

Siri - It was nice to hear from you. I 'm glad you are doing good. I have had a pretty slow recovery myself.

Ellie- Love ya girl!!! We are a lot alike. Laughing is the only way I can deal with stressful time.

JG- How are you feeling? I totally agree about the canidates. I am not thrilled about any of them. It is a scary election year!! That is awesome about your work gym program!! You sound like you are doing pretty good!! You go girl!!

Lots of hugs!! XOXO Have a great day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register