Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007 Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Unread 12-18-2007, 03:09 PM
one week since surgery

hello everyone, its been one week and i'm feeling ok. i'm a little bored being at home alone all day, but soon the house will be loud as usual (kids will be home for christmas vacation) two whole lovely weeks !!! lol, but i will love having them here to help me everyday. everything seems to be working as it should be, however, the BM situation is quite an ordeal! very very painful everything inside is still very sore so it still hurts to go. i'll be very happy when that goes away. but i'm praying for everyone that you will all go thru this recovery stage and find strength in family and prayers. thanks for being so supportive and i'll keep doing the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Hysterectomy dates Dec 10-Dec 17,2007

Glad you are doing well. BM's still hurt me too. But they are better than not having any BM's. I've been eating prunes--they help a bit, I think.
Unread 12-18-2007, 04:01 PM

amen to that!! my husband also sugested prunes or prune juice (he thinks he knows everything) already knew about them though. today i'm going to try going to the grocery store for a few things, hope its not a bad experience for me, wish me luck!! I hope everyday gets better and better for u as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2007, 04:29 PM

Oh! try this! Remember the little squirt bottles you get to "wash" after having a baby? Fill it with water as warm as you can stand it and squirt it "there". You'll pee, especially if you leave the sink running. Worked for me....still is the only way I can go sometimes
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:27 PM

Hello all My Dec. 11 ladies, I hope you all are doing good. I am ok I had a crying, blubbery day yesterday. I am better today. I go to my doc. on Friday for check up. I am on Idbpropren(?) now. I only take pain med at night. belly hurts and gets tired by the end of day. Surgery went well it was about 2-3 hrs. they found that pocket again in my colon and took it out for pathology. I should find out friday what that thing is. Bm's hurt really bad the pressure is awful. any one else feel this way?
Unread 12-18-2007, 05:36 PM

Just curious.... I had my surgery on the 12th.... and am still feeling pretty good.... do get a bit tired, and don't sleep well at night... OH how I want to sleep on my tummy! I'm not taking any meds during the day... Sometimes I'll take 1 vicodin at night just to get to sleep... but I don't stay asleep.... I sleep for about 2 hours and then I'm wide awake! Then I'm really tired throughout the day... is this normal?

I'm really not in much pain... have a bit of discomfort, but not enough to justify taking the narcotics...

Thanks

Missy
Unread 12-18-2007, 09:04 PM

Hello - TVH on the 13th. My surgery went great and quick. My best friend is a surgical nurse and stayed with me the entire time! The doctor had the room reserved for 2 hourse, and I was done in a little over an hour with very little bleeding.

The weekend was a blur or sleep, water and vicodin.

Monday, I breezed through a stack of magazines and today I concurred my email (work, personal and school).

Tomorrow I have a final project for my Master's degree to finish up and a party for my son's kindergarten class. It will be my first outing AND the first time out of my jammies in a week (secretly, I could get used to not wearing "real" clothes ever again!).

Glad to read the posts and hear that others are feeling the same as I am. My only complaint is this feeling of acid reflux when I swallow. I assume it has something to do with the gas or maybe the traech, but I sure hope it goes away soon.
Unread 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Recovery

Has anyone experienced slight bleeding from incision(s)? Took temperature this am; was normal. I do plan to call Dr tomorrow am.
Unread 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM

Dear PatientOne, sorry to hear you had problem(s). That must have been rough! I am praying for your complete recovery! I discovered, for the first time, tonight, some bleeding from one of my incisions. I plan to call the Dr in the morning. Please pray for me!
Unread 12-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Well, one week ago today at this time I was out of it! Not today, although I am out of my mind with boredom! Did a little vacuuming yesterday, I have a cannister vac, much easier on the body than an upright, and have lost 8 of my 10lbs of surgery bloat. BM's going well, normal, although I don't seem to have a lot of notice for them. Trying to walk 10 min. out of every hour, that does seem to help with everything. DH and I will go to Wal-Mart tonight, my absolute FIRST time out of the house since I came home. I've been worried about slipping on the ice and snow, since that is a regular thing for me to do anyway. Pain not bad, incision seems to burn/sting a lot of the time, but nothing wrong there, so I guess I'll live with it. Lower back pain a big issue for me, can't belive I spend so much time on my feet when I'm well! Slept on my stomach last night for first time, what a relife(?) that was, used my little belly pillow filled with microbeads for support. Not able to sleep much more than 2-3 hours at a time, guess that will pass, too. I hope all of you who are having serious issues are getting them resolved, and getting on the healing road. I pray for all of us every day.
Mary Kay

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register